style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

As the title suggests i am having issues with my printer.

I have a Epson DX4000 and have had it over a year. The warrenty is out and the shop i brought it from has closed down.

Up until today i have had no issues with the printer and dont understand what or why this is happening.

I normally have my printer plugged in all the time it make life easier. Today i have been having problems because when ever the printer is plugged in to the tower i lose the mouse and keyboard. So i have unplugged it cleaned the whole thing and put it back together. Worked for a little whilest but lost them again. So re looked at it and moved the Printer to the front sections of the tower. The problem was still there.

Went to print of a letter and came across some missing icons on the My computer section. Removable disk D, E, F and G were missing so pulled everything about again and found when the printer was plugged in the removable disks disapear.

thought i was going mad so had OH look at it and he has found the same thing.

Any ideas on what we can do about sorting this matter out.

I have the printer unplugged and was only using the printer yesterday so it is something that has happened since late last night.

Edited by The GodMother
Further info

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I would completely uninstall the printer via the control panel, and unplug it from the PC.

Then reinstall the software that came with it, at some point the software installation wizard will tell you to connect the printer, then reconnect your printer USB connection cable. This should sort it out.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

thanks will give it a try.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

i have xp but dont know which one, OH knows more about it than me, whats a rollback thingy?

LOL a system restore ;)

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

The command is RESTORE.

Click on START.

All Programs.

Accessories.

System Tools.

System Restore.

Just follow the on-screen instructions and restore to a point, prior to the problem occurring.

You will get a calendar appear..... restore points are marked by bold print.

Pick a date to restore back to.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

That will often sort out problems.

Let us know how you get on.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I thought it was only Asda that did rollbacks lol

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

LOL callums gran.

I now have a bigger issue. the 5 year old has ran off with the power lead and put it in one of his hiding places.

LBA Godmother, should sort the 5 year old out...

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

In situations like this where something which has worked for a while suddenly stops working for no apparent reason, there has to have been some kind of change to your system.

Unfortunately tracking this change is not always easy.

One solution is doing a system rollback (which technically should undo any changes that have been made) but they quite often do not undo some changes (such as viruses and malware).

If the system rollback does not resolve your issue then I would suggest a number of steps.

1 check your system for viruses, malware and spyware.

2 check your printer and USB port drivers are updated and working without problems.

3 try a different cable to the printer and the printer in another USB port

4(if you can) test the printer on another computer to make sure the printer itself isnt at fault.

Always when troubleshooting a computer - do one thing at a time and then check the result. otherwise you may never find out what the actual problem is and, if the problems recur, you will have to start again from scratch.

If you have problems with any of the above - or it doesnt resolve your issue then let me know and we can go through it step by step

Opinions are offered in good faith based upon personal experience and research. Before making any irreversible decisions the opinion of a qualified, registered and insured legal professional should be sought.

If my advice or information has assisted you in any way - please click my scales.

thanks

Nat West Charges £1056 WON

RBS Charges £3600 WON

RBS Unenforceable Loan £18500 Pending

RBS PPI on loan above Pending

MBNA Credit Card CCA & SAR Sent

Co-op Credit Card CCA Sent

well after several trys and personally trying to sort it i thhen got the OH to look. That was just as fun and to avoid a hammer being taken to it i have resoted to using th old one while the all in one is being sorted. they guy seems to think it is the printer as the same probs have happened with his one and he checked the tower over and said it was nothing to do with that,

Will let u know when i know mor e

If it helps Tesco were selling the Epson DX4400 for about £44 a little while ago

I know cos i bought one, cartridges are cheap too ;)

Try downloading the latest drivers from epson. I've had the dx4000 for way over a year and had no problems with it.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar