My new neighbourhood

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is not very nice! I knew that before I moved in, but I needed to move & the new gaff is great. I have got used to all the druggies roaming about the streets with their cans of Super Skol, but the tattoo on one guys face in my local shop just now really got me wondering. It was a tattoo of three teardrops directly under his tears ducts, now why would anyone want to go and do a thing like that? Each to their own but that is just ridiculous to me. I aint walked a mile in his shoes, but you have to wonder what would make someone do something like that.

Imagine your daughter brought a new boyfriend like that home! :eek:

Ahh, funny you should mention this, but this came up in a conversation with one of my colleagues the other day. Apparantly it is a symbol from ex-offenders who have killed people. The number of tears corresponds with the amount of deaths he is responsible for. Sorry to bear scary news, but thought it would be a good opportunity to pass that little gem on.

Ahh, funny you should mention this, but this came up in a conversation with one of my colleagues the other day. Apparantly it is a symbol from ex-offenders who have killed people. The number of tears corresponds with the amount of deaths he is responsible for. Sorry to bear scary news, but thought it would be a good opportunity to pass that little gem on.

How can a man who has killed 3 people be allowed to be free?:confused:

Wow, keep me away from Thailand :p

LMAO, I didn't realise my crying posts inferred I had killed many!

Seriously though, this guy was in his 30's.... What do they hand out these days, sentence wise? To kill people, and ruin their families lives? I made a typo in my OP, as I only saw one side of him..... but if you are correct, that means he has killed at least 3, and he was very much free. I guess he killed more than one in one go. :-x

The teardrop tattoo is typically a prison tattoo. Traditionally placed next to the eye, either left or right, this striking mark makes its wearer appear to be permanently crying.

Originally, in North America, the teardrop meant that the wearer had committed at least one murder. In some places, it meant that the wearer had committed a murder in jail.

This tattoo then had the power to warn away other convicts, and establish an image for the wearer, of self-defense that is imperative in the prison system.

This symbol has evolved to represent family or friends of the prisoner who have died while the wearer is incarcerated. This is a very different implication, as it represents true grief, rather than an morbidly ironic gesture. When the tear drop represents the death of a loved one, the tattoo implies that the wearer is unable to cry real tears while in the prison system, and must use ink, instead.

In Australia, the teardrop has an entirely different meaning. It is forcibly marked on convicts who are accused child molesters. This mark is then used as a justification for the beatings and abuse of the wearer. The teardrop in this case, represents the tears that the convict will cry, eternally.

Unless you ask Thai, you may never know .. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Interesting UK.

I guess I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but now I know more about what it may mean, I won't be asking should I see him again, and he looked a right one. I'd say that the 'morbidly ironic gesture' is dead on. If he brands himself like that because his friend or family was a murderer it's still at least distasteful. The only excuse for me is if that prisoner was believed to be falsely accused, but still, why would anyone want to look like they were booing all their lives?

I hope I don't bump into him again!

Teardrop Tattoo Designs – Teardrop tattoo designs are heavily symbolic tattoos, and because of their usual placement on the face should never be undertaken lightly. It is a tattoo that is almost always associated with prison tattoos and membership in a gang, and as a tattoo symbol, will be treated accordingly. The teardrop, or teardrops, tattooed as if they are real tears at the corner of the eye, and on the cheek-bone, may show that someone has spent time in prison and that it was a period of pain, sorrow and suffering in their lives. In prison, teardrops may indicate the number of individuals someone has killed. Outside of prison, the teardrop may also indicate an individual has been initiated into a gang or that an individual has lost a loved one who died while incarcerated

Teardrop tattoos - what do they mean? Tattoos Designs & Symbols - Teardrop tattoo meanings

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

In short Thai....

Both you or me could have a teardrop tattoo... But what would it mean??

I know for a fact that I haven't ever killed anyone!!!

(Except through my sense of humour!)

I've got a fire breathing dragon tatt'ed on my left arm, but

i've never burned anyone either!! ;)