Can the pig help us out???????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5635 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Nevos

I would agree its not your typical MLM scheme with regards to its products (typical ones being beauty products, timeshares, cleaning products, psuedo health products and snake oil). In structure though it does follow the MLM template.

The big question is:

How would you plan on obtaining new personnal customers??

Website based, door-to-door or cold calling?

Would you be doing it on a part time basis or full time?

(I had a brief stint touting gas/electricity/home phone as a combined service door-to-door about 8 years ago and let me tell you it was not easy).

I have to say I had never heard of Telecom plus prior to this thread and I imagine many other people haven't either. That would be a major problem to overcome in any marketing or sales drive you may make.

It is unlikely that the market will become saturated with customers (ie everyone on Telecom) as people tend to switch and change suppliers quite regularly.

What is more likely is that an area will become saturated with distributors. From my days knocking door to door it was not uncommon to bump into rival salesmen almost every day. Many 'potential' customers would have several salesmen from differing companies round in one week.

Indeed many, often in poorer areas, used this to their advantage by constantly switching their providers, almost on a monthly basis (if not more so). The ensuing confusion in the billing process meant many hadnt had a bill in several years.

As far as renumeration goes the sign up bonuses are pretty low in comparison to what you would receive as a door-to-door advisor and I would question whether these are 'clawed' back if the customer changes their mind and leaves within a certain time frame.

It is difficult to comment on the personnal customer commission rates as only a range is given (2.4 to 5.4 %). How this is broken down between the differing utilities could have a large impact on how much cash you receive.

If I was to enter into this scheme (which I wont be I might add) I would concentrate solely on building a personnal customer base rather than recruiting other people into the scheme - at the end of the day they would end up in direct competition with you for customers. Of course there may be a problem with this if there is any requirement to recruit new distributors.

One final thing to remember about this residual income is that it is entirely dependent upon something which is outside of your control - that is the service offered by Telecomplus. If they do a crap job then customers will leave and you will lose your commission.

Also remember you would be an Independent Distributor i.e. self employed so any earnings are before tax.

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

Hi skbuncks:

I would agree its not your typical MLM scheme with regards to its products (typical ones being beauty products, timeshares, cleaning products, psuedo health products and snake oil). In structure though it does follow the MLM template.
Agreed, everyone uses gas/electric. I read some strange stories about the Broad Band. In general they are going along the old MLM route. I am guessing but, probably because your Gran, Uncle Tom etc are not net wise.

The big question is:

How would you plan on obtaining new personnal customers??

Website based, door-to-door or cold calling?

Would you be doing it on a part time basis or full time?

(I had a brief stint touting gas/electricity/home phone as a combined service door-to-door about 8 years ago and let me tell you it was not easy).

Currently I'm running my own business which, 90% is export, have done for many years. Like all of us, we could do with some extra income especially, even if you have a decent income it is hard to cope with the constant rise in living costs. Being realistic, I for one don't have time to go and knock doors plus, I have very few relatives.

My system would have to be internet based and with this in mind, it would include 2 or 3 further income streams from, paid customer surveys, affiliate advertising and the UW opportunity. I have found a system where you register and get paid for market surveys anything from £5 to £100. The affiliate programme is a proven one and includes all first rate companies. So, you have 3 income streams.

The third one Telecoms plus Utility Wharehouse. You will receive 2.3% to 6.3% on your personal customers utility spend monthly. Let say for example each customer spends £100 per month on gas/electric and your average commission is 5% then, 10 customers give you £50 per month a 100 customers gives you £500 and so on. Utility wharehouse will give you back your initial investment if, you can sign 12 customers in 90 days.

Imagine i said to you: Here is a free website with pre loaded pages all linking to your income streams ready to go, you might say great, I can use free social marketing to get started, later maybe use google adwords to boost membership. You could without so much effort have people signing up while your alseep. Plus you have your affiliate income and your survey income. At this point we have not touched on residual income from people who join your team and gather thier own customers, you will receive .6% to .8% of all thier customers.

If I was to enter into this scheme (which I wont be I might add) I would concentrate solely on building a personnal customer base rather than recruiting other people into the scheme - at the end of the day they would end up in direct competition with you for customers. Of course there may be a problem with this if there is any requirement to recruit new distributors.
Think this is not a problem, if you use the web and automated systems but, you could do exactly what your suggesting and why not. 100 personal customers will give you based on average monthly dual fuel bills of a £100 x 100customers = £10,000 at an average commission of 5% brings you a cool £500 a month. Plus what you can make from the other 2 income streams.

One final thing to remember about this residual income is that it is entirely dependent upon something which is outside of your control - that is the service offered by Telecomplus. If they do a crap job then customers will leave and you will lose your commission.
On this, I would imagine if they are worth £220 millions and growing, should be fine for the future.

Also remember you would be an Independent Distributor i.e. self employed so any earnings are before tax.
This is a very good point and worth considering carefully. :) if your wife or husband is not working, you can pay them around £5000 per annum which, is below the Tax and NI thresholds :p

- you can donate to CAG if this tip was helpful..

Edited by nevos

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

You sound like you are already convinced to be honest.

Just wondering, how much do YOU have to pay THEM for this great opportunity?

(you do of course realise that they will make more out of you all paying your "membership fee" than you will all ever hope to get back from the company, hence that's why they can do this scheme, it's more profit for them!)

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

Hi Ker,

The initial sign up is £199.75, if you get 12 customers in 90 days they will repay the inital cost. Made a spread sheet today and punched in a few figures, it will take time to build it up for sure but, it is possible IMO. 12 customers spending £100 each per month on both gas/electric will give you £60 in direct commission every month provided, each one remains a customer. The company will refund your initial fee of £199.75. I don't see too much wrong with it. If the customers save on their bills, evryone wins.

You know that all the people paying fixed payments to the likes of Npower are getting ripped off, why? because, you pay say £50 per month and your using £65 worth then, they will back bill you at todays higher rate. With Utility Wharehouse, you pay monthly and you can enter your meter readings on the web, no more estimated bills. No more letters saying, Dear Mrs Bloggs you now owe us £250 because your monthly payments are not enough. I'm looking for the faults but, can't really find any.

I'm convinced yes!

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Hi Ker,

The initial sign up is £199.75, if you get 12 customers in 90 days they will repay the inital cost. Made a spread sheet today and punched in a few figures, it will take time to build it up for sure but, it is possible IMO. 12 customers spending £100 each per month on both gas/electric will give you £60 in direct commission every month provided, each one remains a customer. The company will refund your initial fee of £199.75. I don't see too much wrong with it. If the customers save on their bills, evryone wins.

You know that all the people paying fixed payments to the likes of Npower are getting ripped off, why? because, you pay say £50 per month and your using £65 worth then, they will back bill you at todays higher rate. With Utility Wharehouse, you pay monthly and you can enter your meter readings on the web, no more estimated bills. No more letters saying, Dear Mrs Bloggs you now owe us £250 because your monthly payments are not enough. I'm looking for the faults but, can't really find any.

I'm convinced yes!

Then the only thing I'd ask is you come back to this thread on a monthly basis and update on your progress :D Cause as soon as family members start to realise that you are saving money by using them as customers, they'll want some of the same pie.... and the whoollleee pyramid starts!

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

Hi Ker, thanks for that! Yes, sure I will be happy to update the thread on how it's going.

Have taken the plunge and signed up. We will be our first customer just for gas/electric to start with. Going to do a comparison on my mobile today, see how that looks.

I have been told this: To qualify for the full return of your sign up fee you need to have 12 customers in 90 days also, you must attend one of the training courses which is a 5 hour event, they are held all over the country and 2 venues are close to me.

Will let anyone who is interested know how I get on.:)

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Anyone see Watchdog last week about pyramid schemes which claim they aren't pyramid schemes???

Hmm ...

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Do they charge you for the training course?

To Tiglet:

Anyone see Watchdog last week about pyramid schemes which claim they aren't pyramid schemes???

Hmm ...

Yes, I watched it the crazy Lindi who wants everyone to invest £3000 then you get 8 people to invest £3000 you make £21000 but you will end up in jail :)

Link here to the BBC Watchdog blogg

This is from : confused.com

Telecom Plus

Telecom Plus provides customers throughout the UK with affordable domestic gas & electric.

Telecom Plus is a major British company whose shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange, and it gives customers savings on gas and electricity, as well as home, office and mobile phone charges.

Telecom Plus has a unique 'Triple Value' guarantee:

• Gas: prices will always be cheaper than British Gas
  • Electricity: prices will always be cheaper than those charged by your local supplier
  • Peace of Mind: prices will always remain competitive compared with the 'Big 6' suppliers' cheapest tariffs

Furthermore, to simplify mattes the company sends only one bill to cover all subscribed services: home phone, mobile, internet or energy.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Do they charge you for the training course?
Hi Ker, I don't know, going to check it out now.

Just got this email from my upline team:-

No - you can go as many times as you like for free.

If you decide you want to sell to businesses, then you will need to attend the business training - for that there is a one-off £10 which provides you with packs of stationery for business customers (again you can go as many times as you want).

Kind regards

Janice

Edited by nevos

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Just found this on moneysavingexperts site:-

I have been a Utility warehouse distributor for 3 years & can see an exciting future in using this vehicle of a respectable PLC network marketing company to give me a second income stream.

I have seen several people leave in frustration that there is not enough instant income but as any business owner knows for anything to succeed it need investment of time & sometimes income. Most business are not for anyone who wants instant results. What I am investing in time today is giving me a permanent and growing residual income that will come in for years and I can see this as my income is almost doubling every year

Network marketing is not for everyone. Many don't have the discipline or foresight to pursue something which doesn't pay all at once or the persistence or sticktuitiveness to keep on and learn any personal lessons and make the personal grown necessary to succeed.

A great book to explain many of the principles is The business school for people who like helping people by Robert T. Kiyosaki. Take a look at this book take a look around for the right product or service you feel happy with & take a good look at yourself, your patience, persistence and vision. Take a look at the various Network marketing companies offerings and like the Book Network Marketing for Dummies suggests look for a steady reliable open company. If it's for you and you have or are willing to develop some of these qualities I would recommend Network marketing and The Utility Warehouse as a good company to try. They do offer a genuine scheme to try the business with very little risk.

In the USA there have been many millionaires made from Network marketing and we tend to follow their lead. It's now considered a respectable business and many large corporations are investing in or starting companies.

The £200 is an investment but look at it from the other side if you were running a business would you want to let everybody get involved, give them free training and a huge pack of information and materials and spend your money and resources on them without any sign of commitment.

The Utility Warehouse does offer several guarantees with regard to your £200 and with some sincere effort and gaining 12 customers in 90 days it is refunded! I wonder why everyone is so suspicious of [problem] from a large established PLC they are regulated and watched by the authorities and sure wouldn't risk a multimillion pound company by attempting to run off with your £200!

In summary & reply to your question and as a chance to present the other side I'd say give it a try. If you have what it takes, there is a serious opportunity to pursue and very little to lose, every experience will help you grow and you could just make a fortune!

KTH

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Hi Boys and Girls: Looking at a huge box of promo stuff, arrived quickly.

There are leaflets, cards, offers such as free laptop etc..even pens and a silly badge that you might find on a kids birthday card " I am 5 today".

Have signed up myself so we are our own first customer..sent the form by fax and got an email back saying welcome to Utility Wharehouse..

The promotional materials look fairly serious CD's forms etc..I have found out that: All the training is free but, to be able to sign up business customers you need to go on a business customer training day and pay £10 for extra promo stuff..not bad.

Watch this space lol..:D

PS: Would love to hear from any of their customers if any on CAG?

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Hi, just thought to update this thread.

Telecoms plus have just won the company of the year award though, so far I can't find it apparently it's in the FT.

Well done them.

Edited by nevos

Make Cash Flow Forecast