lloyds/ blackhorse, ppi

minnimes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

in 2006 we took out a loan, it was taking over an old loan as well as borrowing additional money, my husband was off work at the time due to an accident,

at the time we thought this would be short term however on further investigation we found out he was going to be off indefinantly,

blackhorse knew about him being off at the time of the loan, they also only suggested PPIlink3.gif - added in a lump sum to the balance of the loan,

on finding out about my husbands long term work prospects we called to cancel the ppi, we had only had it for a very short time.

however the staff at blackhorse were sure we could still claim as it was running on from another loan.

they "investigated " this for afew months and came back to us saying we could not claim, again my husband told them to cancel the ppi, which he was told was done.

we didnt know it hadnt been taken off as we are on a repayment planlink3.gif so our payment wouldnt have changed ,

2 days ago we got a letter off them, it stated we are still paying ppi! we have never had any indication ppi was still applied to the loan, it was never mentioned in other letters.

i rang them yestoday and was told theyd look into it and would call me back today at 12.

well obviuosly they didnt call so i called them they have looked into it and decided they have no record of the cancellation,

i asked him why would we keep ppi when we cant claim on it?

he said he can see my point and told me to make a complaint. did they missell us ppi?

im sure they did. im also planning on getting a cca from them,

my hubby was sold a loan based on his income when he was at work even though he was on sick.

also the man on the phone today told me their were boxes missing on the aggreement when we appiled in 2006??

not sure how we stand on this ,

i really dont know what im doing any advise would be great.

i know i need to print off a templete letter and send a £1 po, but other than that im pretty stummped.

i have also posted this in ppi section

:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed they did but do NOT cancel it as you will only get a % back the way to go is if you have all the figures and the payments to this loan already send in a complaint letter asking for it all back including the some owed.

If you do not have all the figures send them a S.A.R letter this will disclose to you all the info you require

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/118145-r-subject-access-request.html

Template letter link above just adapt to suit your needs and send of recorded delivery and get a receipt of postage so you have a paper trail and evidence if you need it later on.

Regards

Leon

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

oh one more thing was there PPI on the old loan and did your hubby have a previous medical condition then also if so get the paperwork for that loan too.

If you need anymore help just ask away ill monitor this thread.

Regards

Leon

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

he did have a medical condition when he took out the second loan the accident happened about a month before he took out the new loan, and yes he did have ppi, at the time we thought he'd only be off short term but his prob has now been diagnosed as life long, black horse where aware of his accident but put the loan through as my hubby was still technicaly employed. ive asked them for a statement with a break down of what is what, they have never sent us one in the two yrs weve had the loan and this is the first time we have been told we have ppi, we cant cancelle it now any way they wont do it. thanks for the reply,

right ive sent a letter (recorded of course) to blackhorse requesting a refund of the ppi stating that it was mis sold due to a pre excisting medical condition not informing us that we could pay for ppi monthy instead of adding it to the balance for a yrs cover and aslo not giving us the option to seek ppi else where. since we are on an arrangment with blackhorse they have stopped intrest , will this effect our claim for the ppi? what responce do you think im likely to get from them?

Hiya Minnimes,

The fact that you have an arrangement set up with black horse will not make any difference at all and will not affect your PPI claim.

As for what kind of response will you get all i can say is they will try it on in the first letter, But you are in the right so do not give up keep at them.

Good Luck

Regards

Leon

• Haha 1

if this was a complaint letter you sent 14 days (calendar) is enough.

If you sent them a subject access request using your right under the data protection act 1998 to get hold of all the documents they hold on you the statutory time scale for a reply is 40 days as they have to carry out a search.

Regards

Leon

Edited by pompeyfaith

I think you should send off an S.A.R for all doucuments relating to this loan as then you will be in a better position.

The claim will be for more than £2600 my dear as they have charged you interest on that £2600 as it was paid upfront hence why you need to send off an S.A.R.

The link to the S.A.R is in my first post to you.

Do you still have the credit agreement because i can work out the interest they charged you from that.

Regards

Leon

just got a detailed statment off them this morning, its from the start of the loan and details all charges,payments etc. im going to set up my printer later and scan it to see what you think. i told them over the phone i would be applying for an sar last week and they said they'd send it out,id be suprized if it is ansra but i dont know what im looking at.

Ok Minnimes,

If you have a scanner scan the document to file save it in my Documents maybe a good idea to create a file called blackhorse PPI then it will be easy to find and you can save all documents relating to in there.

Now go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and create a free account once you have done this browse to the file you saved and upload it to photobucket when it has uploaded you will see a link to this file just copy and paste it into your thread on here.

Remember to write down your username and password for photobucket just incase you forget it i have done before now lol.

Once you have uploaded the link i will take a look and give you further instuction.

Regards

Leon

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/minnimes/img001-1.jpg

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/minnimes/img002.jpg

ok attached copies of statments recieved this morning.

not sure about a credit agreement will have to have a look for one. thanks for all your help, really greatful

Edited by minnimes

Hiya Minnimes,

Ive had a look at these statements but it does not say a lot at the moment although there are a load of fees on there that can be reclaimed.

We really need a copy of the agreement which should say how much exactly the PPI premium was and the APR interest rate charged on this PPI which is what we need to work out exactly what you are owed.

I see you got the hang of photobucket OK if you find a copy of the agreement upload it to photobucket and put the link on here.

When you send your complaint letter in to blackhorse the figures have to be correct otherwise they will not take you or your letter seriously.

If you cannot find the agreement the only way as Ive said before is the S.A.R route to get a copy which by law they have to provide but if you can find a copy all the better as it saves a lot of time.

Regards

Leon

im not sure if there are any charges to re claim, cause every so often they re funded some. will look a credit agreement tonight and if i find it i'll post it up, otherwise i might have to cca blackhorse for the information. as for photobucket wasnt to bad except when i posted it kept putting an un edited version on with my details, drove me mad and took me ages to sort but got there in the end. thanks again for all your help.

Yes sorry i forgot you can use the photobucket paintbrush to hide personal details.

Yup i did notice some of the charges where refunded.

If you send a cca request that only takes two weeks or should i say they have to respond in 14 days.

Regards

Leon

right, this morning i rang blackhorse as id still had no confirmation of them recieving my complaint, they have got it and apparently have posted a letter in responce, i cant find any credit agreement , have torn the house apart looking so asked them what rate the loan is on, i was told they cant give me this information over the phone so they are going to send me a copy of my agreement, i didnt even have to cca them so they must have it, i'll scan it as soon as it gets here if you wouldnt mind taking a look at it for me, thanks in advance,

Good Evening Minmimes,

Yes no problem you have and know how to use photobucket now so just scan it and post on here and ill take a look and see what i can gleen for you.

Regards

Leon

got letter back today, the agreement doesnt look right to me, the pages dont match, they look totaly different the second page has no codes linking the first page and i didnt sign the second page,they also have different dates,hmmmm, hubby has no recolection of this form. they have marked about a pre exsisting medical condition so they were aware of it although they did not explain it would void the insurance. any way links attached, where do i go from here? help please.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/minnimes/img004-1.jpg

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/minnimes/img005.jpg

img007-1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/minnimes/img006-1.jpg

Edited by minnimes

Hiya Minnimes,

Ive had a look at these, but i notice on the last scan in the PPI box it has your details so could you edit and remove those first.

I will be back online this evening to work out some figures for you and do you a template letter.

Regards

Leon

Ok Minnimes,

Sorry about that i had to go out earlier, but ill sort something out now give me 1 hour and ill email what ive done to you.

Thanks for clicking my scales too much appriciated.

Regards

Leon

Was this loan settled early if so what date did you settle it or is it still ongoing.

Just i need to know this to get the figures right.

Regards

Leon

Hiya Minnimes,

Ive done the PPI spreadsheet for you and the amount you should be claiming is £4487.56 at the 8% statutory rate or £4598.77 at the 8.9% contractual rate (compounded) its up to you ,but i know what i would go for.

I will draft up a letter for you in the morning and let you know and find a way of getting all this to you.

Regards

Leon

Hiya Minnimes,

Sorry if you feel you have been left in the cold, but i can ashore you that you have not.

I started your letter for you this morning but as i had to go somewhere urgent i had to leave it half finished.

i will get it finished in the morning an email it across.

Regards

Leon