moorcroft and nationwide car insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a phone call from moorcroft this morning regarding an outstanding balance with nationwide car insurance of £34-00.

this is supposedly the amount left outstanding when they cancelled my car insurance after my direct debit failed, even though I asked them not to and offered to pay up to date, they refused unless I paid the full years amount then and there by card, which I couldnt.

anyways, my question is this, are monthly payments covered by the cca?

as they do charge an amount for interest, and I am sure I recall receiving 2 copies of a credit agreement, one to sign and return - which I never did.

I basically told moorcroft that I dispute any outstanding balance, and basically they should prove it, to which they replied they would e-mail nationwide car insurance.

Nationwide say they are

https://uk2.u-k-i.com/nationwide/UKIP_NBSMSPB.pdf

It also gives you details about missed premiums etc

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

so in that case, am I right to think I can request a copy of the signed agreement from them (which I know they dont have, because I never returned it)? Thus making it unenforcable.

I know its only £34-00 and part of me says just pay it, but the way I was treated for missing a payment, after being a customer for about 8 years makes the other part of me think stuff em, make them work for it.

Edited by WOOD73
spelling!