• Tweets

• Hi there Manager for our soccer sixes team moved overseas mid season and we struggled for numbers so we told the ref about 5 weeks prior to seasons end that we would see out these games then be done and he told us he’d ’pass the message on to the relevant people’. Heard nothing, then 3 days prior to the new season beginning we were given our fixture for that weekend. Told the guy over text we had pulled out and the ref should’ve passed a message on but we were told sufficient notice wasn’t given and it needed to be in writing. I argued it’s not our fault the ref didn’t do as he said but we were countered by the T&Cs.    now being chased for what was £608 kindly reduced to £476 to pay off remainder of the season. Been sent a letter in the post from their accountancy team and told needs to be paid by Friday.   seen a lot of the other threads saying we can literally just ignore everything but im concerned about debt collections and credit score being harmed. Can anyone confirm if this all works/what we should do?   thanks
    • Hi,   I have given an official police witness statement for the prosecution in an upcoming criminal court case, and I am very anxious about what might happen.  Specifically regarding being cross-examined.  My statement is very short, and only a couple of paragraphs long, regarding a conversation I had with one of the victims.  I have tried to research online about what information about me the defence barrister might be able to find and use to discredit me.  I have by no means have a shady past but, I am concerned about what private information might be brought up, and as this is a case that will be in the national press as it is in the public interest.  The two preliminary hearings were reported in the papers.   I have tried to research  online what information the opposition can seek, but it is all very complicated.  I believe that they can legally access public records, but I'm not sure what information public records hold.  Can they access my medical records, educational history, HMRC, and Department for Work and Pensions? (I am a self employed sole trader).  I was arrested once, and this was unfortunately instigated by the victim in this case, so could well be of interest to them.  It resulted in no further action, however I have only discovered this week that that, in fact, this means I have a criminal record, and will be so until I am 100 (no chance)! This has really annoyed me to say the least, especially since I asked him afterwards why he rang the police and he said 'for a laugh'.  So I have started to look into applying for it to be deleted, but again, if anyone has any advice on this I would be appreciative. At the moment, my name isn't on the confirmed list to give evidence, but the detective I have been dealing with has said it is 'likely'. The names of the victims in this case will not be allowed to be reported, are witnesses fair game for the press? I really need no know how deep they can delve in to my life so I am prepared if my character gets assassinated in front of the nation. I really wish I'd never agreed to this.   Many thanks
    • A belated thanks dx. Yes I may take your advice regarding StepChange. I am finding that I am telling them (on behalf of my Son) the true balances outstanding? They never seem to check properly in which worries me. If I was to take on myself is there another way of dealing with various debts? I have already submitted other IRL complaints on his behalf. Today I have received a further response from Quidie T/A Fernovo confirming that they will waiver all interest paid.
    • Good evening  Case hearing this Friday 26/04. looking to have all my prep/papers ready.    just checking in to get update on my last post , ( the t&c’s attached). No name or address on them as per #49   thank you UCM  
    • Thanks a lot.  I did read every single post and though the process was fairly clear at a high level, I just wanted to be sure in the areas a posted. Call it first time nerves, going down this route.  Thanks again.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

mbna cca ?????

fergal71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5635 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just recieved my cca back it is basically a new printed set of sheets with no signatures there is a tick box. I assume because it was online application. If this is the case are these agreements enforceable...????

can anyone help who has had similar agreements sent?

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

hello and welcome

are you able to scan what you have received and so we can take a look for you,

i didnt want you to think no one was bothering with your post, so just wanted to say hi and im sure others will come along too by tomorrow

when do you think you took the card out? if its after 2006 maybe online,

take care and keep posting on this thread for any other questions you have

ciao for now MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hi maz sorry it is about 10 sheets of terms and conditions and i have no scanner but no agreement as such and no signatures of any kind just boxes and the date they were ticked???

any ideas?????

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

to tell you the truth im having the same same dilemma with my alliance/leic i believe was a 2006 online application but within my SARS request all i got that indicated it was an online application was a sheet saying online but am awaiting on anything to suggest a tick box,

ive read a bit about online applications but i dont understand too well as yet if the tick box is the executed agreement,

by me responding today it should bump your thread up for others to view and hopefully comment on

if i can get any more info myself i will post on here for you

ciao for now maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

I have just recieved my cca back it is basically a new printed set of sheets with no signatures there is a tick box. I assume because it was online application. If this is the case are these agreements enforceable...????

can anyone help who has had similar agreements sent?

As far as I'm aware, online CCA's entered into post Dec 2004 don't require an actual signature under the Consumer Credit Act Electronic Communications Order 2004. The tick in the box is valid as long as it's accompanied by a statement compliant with the Electronic Communications Act 2000 S7 stating that it's a 'a valid means of establishing the authenticity of the communication or data, the integrity of the communication or data, or both.'

The rest of the agreement still needs to be properly executed. But the signature argument is pretty much defunct I think.

I hope someone here can state to the contrary though and prove me wrong - I'm in a similar position with a few credit cards.

hiya lots of debt and fergal

thanks for the last posting, in my sars i never had any info other than an internal document to say online, but now what you are saying about the tick box, and also the rest of the agreement needs to be properley exectuted, seems that this is what im lacking in information being given to me, just because it was say done online, surely there must be documentation to back up the proper agreement??

those are my thoughts anyway hoping others will come along and help us all on this thread

keep happy ciao for now MAZ

hiya lots of debt and fergal

thanks for the last posting, in my sars i never had any info other than an internal document to say online, but now what you are saying about the tick box, and also the rest of the agreement needs to be properley exectuted, seems that this is what im lacking in information being given to me, just because it was say done online, surely there must be documentation to back up the proper agreement??

those are my thoughts anyway hoping others will come along and help us all on this thread

keep happy ciao for now MAZ

Hey Maz,

Yeah, the tick box may be valid under the Electronic Communications Order 2004, but that doesn't negate the need for a properly executed agreement as per the requirements of the CCA 1974. That tick must still be in the same document as all prescribed terms etc and of course under a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) you're entitled to see a copy of that original document. If they haven't got that documentation it would seem to me that's their problem. They can't with any credibility turn around and say 'sorry, you don't have a properly executed agreement under the CCA 1974 because you took the card out online - but tough, we still want your money'. No properly executed CCA (tick or not) = no enforceable debt.

Edited by lotsofdebt

thanks lotsofdebt

that was in my thoughts to tell you the truth, the card is a mbna and originally on all/leic online, so the sars req was from mbna, but now am going after all/leics under sars, im also wanting to query this in my complaint to fos, so you see my concerns..

however you have posted good info for me and i want to see the whole document which would make it a properly executed agreement - that is my legal right isnt it?

i think im getting it,,,,?

Going back to fergal,, you say fergal that you have had about 10 sheets of terms and conditions, are they relevant and connected to what your tick box document or are they actually as Current terms and conditions, - surely you should be sent the terms and conditions at the time of the agreement and also what the current ones are too?

if you can reply loadsofdebt that would be fab , thank you ciao for now MAZ

Hey Maz,

I don't want to come across as a self proclaimed expert here - because it's only in the last few months that I've had to deal with this stuff myself.

But without a doubt:

1. Under a Data Protection Act 1998 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) you're entitled to see an actual copy of the agreement.

2. Any prescribed terms must be contained within in the original document or must be specifically and verifiably referenced in that document - for example 'refer to page 3 section xx of this agreement'

3. Current terms and conditions in no way constitute a copy of your original agreement under the meaning of the CCA 1974. You are entitled to the terms and conditions as they were prescribed when the agreement was entered into - not any old tosh they decide to send out to you i.e. current t&c pamphlets.

I've written the above in defence to one county court claim and I never heard a peep out of that particular company (not MBNA) since.

Edited by lotsofdebt
  • Haha 1

thank you for replying loadsofdebt

i understand what you say about not being an expert, i truely wanted to hear your story of the information you gained, so many thanks,

me i was a nervous wreck at the beginning of the year, and now with knowledge gained here mainly im becoming more aware of stuff

so i take on board your last posting and so will continue as ive thought, you have just cemented in my mind clearer understanding which is what i needed to hear

I hope its of help to fergal too

can i pls pinch your post and reword it slighly if i should need to defend a court action?

again many thanks for your input, i will let you know as further developments occur

ciao for now MAZ

Yeah, No problem Maz. Glad to be of help.

Like you, I'd have been in a right mess without this forum. Now, I don't worry all that much about the debt, but my blood seriously boils when OC's and DCA continue to flout their obligations and do anything to be obstructive and/or to mislead.

They feed on their debtor's core emotion of feeling guilty due to the debt owed and use that as an excuse to run rough shot over debtor rights; using intimidation and harrassment along the way.

My ethos has certainly changed since I've had to put up with their antics - I have nothing but contempt for the lot of 'em now.:)