• Tweets

• OK - in a nutshell...   Customer has a leak in the wall behind the shower in their en-suite bathroom which has leaked into another bedroom and they claim on their buildings insurance. We go in and inspect and quote for the repairs - this quote is forwarded, by the customer, to the insurance company who authorise them to go ahead with that quote. When we arrive, the customer says that they want the rest of the bathroom tiled to match - we agree and quote £800.00 for the extra tiling. The design for the tiling is varied, by the customer, to include two vertical mosaic stripes (the mosaic tiles being £12.50 each, plus a considerable increase in labour) - we point out that this will blow the materials budget - screaming ensues... we absorb the cost. The customer purchases a new bathroom suite which they expect us to install as part of the £800.00 that we quoted for the tiling alone - when this pointed out, screaming ensues... we absorb the cost. We complete the insurance repairs to both the bathroom and the bedroom on the other side of the wall. The customer says that they are happy with the insurance repairs, inform the insurance company of the fact and receive the final insurance payment. Some snagging is required on the extras - one of our guys goes in to sort out the odd bits. Customer freaks out because only one person has turned up to do the snagging - tells the man on site to take his tools and go. Customer will now not release the insurance money because the snagging has not been completed and claims that we're in breach of contract.   The insurance money HAS been paid to the customer - they signed off that the insurance based repairs were complete and satisfactory. It's the customer that's holding on to the money. The property is a ground floor flat - so it's leasehold.   I was pointing out that she's European - not any particular "ethnic background"...  
    • Referencing the Particulars of the Claim: 1. The claimant claims the sum of £2300 for an outstanding debt owed. 2. On 01/04/2012 the defendant entered into an agreement with Lloyd bank plc for an overdraft account under the reference X. 3. On 01/04/2016 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of £2300. 4. On 01/06/2017 the debt of £2300 was assigned to PRA Group UK LTD. Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordance with s136 law of property act 1925. 5. Payments of £20 were received up to 01/03/2019 and adjustments have been made in the sum of £3.   For 'Particular number 2', i see a lot of other people saying this like 'Paragraph 2 is denied. I do not recall having this account'. I obviously cannot put that, what would i put?
    • Just wanted to report that the court dropped the MS90 and she ended up with 3 points, £40 fine, £30 Victim Sur (?) and £80 court costs.....thing is because she rang her insurance  to be honest and inform what was happening they cancelled her policy there and then charging her £50 to do so.  Now she’s gone to reinstate her insurance it has gone thru the roof because she’s had a cancelled policy!!  Seems a bit unfair, we hoped dropping the MS90 would avoid this - does this sound right?    Thankyou  
    • I'm removing two posts here – one because it refers to "… All from the same ethnic background" and the second one referring to the fact that the customer was Spanish. The first, particularly by king12345 has a strong racist tone about it and is completely unwelcome here.  king1 2345 has been here long enough and knows very well that this is not what we do. ==============================================================================   In terms of the building and insurance problem, it certainly sounds if you are being treated very badly and we would be very happy to help. Unfortunately I find your story is rather unclear – probably because there is a lot of narrative and I'd be grateful if you could clarify your story and in particular breaking down the insurance job and the rest including giving their values. Do you know if the insurance money has been paid to the customer or is the insurance company simply waiting for some kind of approval. You say that the insurance company has signed the job off and so this suggests to me that they are satisfied but what worries me is that they may already have paid the money to the customer who is merely withholding it from you rather than authorising the direct payment of the insurance money to you. Your story needs substantial clarification please. Finally, does your customer own the property? If you are not sure then you should consult the land registry website to ascertain the owner of the property
    • update:  Tried with new micro filter and still no difference in the speeds.  Called plusnet and they sent this 🤪 although looks like there was interference in the line which i never picked up   
  • Our picks

gavman99

Desktop sent back for repair - No response and its been 6 weeks now

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3960 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I sent my desktop back for repair just over 6 weeks ago and PC World have not been in contact with me about it. Therefore under the Performance Agreement terms, I am entitled to a replacement.

However the desktop was over 3 years old, so its very unlikley that they will be able to replace like for like, so I wanted to ask if anyone knows what my options are ?

Will PC World simply replace with the cheapest desktop they have ? I say this because chances are their cheapest desktop now has a better spec than the one I bought 3 years ago.

I have checked the cheapest desktop and although the CPU, memory, HDD are all better, there are some components that it doesn't have that my old desktop did, such as two DVD drives and two firewire ports.

Can I reject what they offer if there are any components at all that fall below my original spec, even if their are other components that are better than my original spec ?

Also, how likely will they offer vouchers instead of a replacement ? Will they deduct "3 years value" from the original cost (how is this calculated ?) or should the voucher value have to be to allow me to replace with a spec NO LESSER than my original spec.

Quite a lot of questions there I know, but wanted to get my facts straight before I contact them.

Many thanks.

from what i remember they try to match your origional spec as closely as possible then send vouchers of the ammount to buy that computer

p.s. dont forget to ring up and ask them to put a form through to get your old hard drive back, its got your data on afterall and only gets destroyed if its not requested back... plus if it still works its a freebie upgrade to any new computer ;)

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Ok what will happen is, whateverhappens (or PCPlan) will send out vouchers based on there estimate of what your PC is valued at after the 3 years of depreciation. They will also take into account the cost of getting one with a relevant specification.

If you get to a store and find that one of the same or closest specification is too expensive, you can either pay the difference or ask a manager or someone on customer services to see if they can get your vouchers upgraded through whateverhappens. Although it takes about 10 days for them to issue and post your new vouchers out. And this is based entirely upon goodwill from the store, they are under no obligation to upgrade your vouchers for you so please be nice to them.

Also we constantly find that people try to push their luck saying that they need irrelivant tiny details on there PC in order to get a more expensive model. Such as someone coming in and saying they use there computer for office work but they desprately need those 2 DVD drives, otherwise they'll somehow be majorly inconveinenced. And it always happens when the only PC matching those specifications is a top of the line gaming PC. If they suspect your pulling a fast one to walk away with a computer vastly better then the original you owned they might ask you to prove that it will inconveniance you. They will never as a rule of thumb upgrade your vouchers above the original price of your PC.

They will however take great consideration to processor speed and type (ie: single, dual or quad core), Memory amount and graphics card speed, so never settle for a slower pc.

Edited by Renzokuken

I always thought that coverplan especially the whatever happens that you got vouchers to buy an equivalent spec pc and therefore if his orginal machine came with 2 dvds drives and 2 firewire ports as standard and the vouchers he receives means that he can not buy a machine with these features then surely DSGi would be in breach of th contract as it is not equivalent, now i doubt that there are many machine in pc world that actually come with these features as standard so surely the sensible option would be to send out vouchers enabling him to buy a machine with similar processor, ram, hdd, graphics etc but also an extra £30 - £40 so that the additions components can be brought. I also thought that the coverplan stats that you must be able to buy an equivalent brand so if yours was a sony and you could only buy an advent,emachines, eisystems, fujitsu, philips or packard bell then i would not except the offer.

as for the machine being away for 6 weeks and no reply, I thought the desktop workshop had been recently closed down.

I always thought that coverplan especially the whatever happens that you got vouchers to buy an equivalent spec pc and therefore if his orginal machine came with 2 dvds drives and 2 firewire ports as standard and the vouchers he receives means that he can not buy a machine with these features then surely DSGi would be in breach of th contract as it is not equivalent, now i doubt that there are many machine in pc world that actually come with these features as standard so surely the sensible option would be to send out vouchers enabling him to buy a machine with similar processor, ram, hdd, graphics etc but also an extra £30 - £40 so that the additions components can be brought. I also thought that the coverplan stats that you must be able to buy an equivalent brand so if yours was a sony and you could only buy an advent,emachines, eisystems, fujitsu, philips or packard bell then i would not except the offer.

as for the machine being away for 6 weeks and no reply, I thought the desktop workshop had been recently closed down.

Fraid not. Coverplan/whateverhappens/pcplan supply you with vouchers to buy a pc of equivalent specification, but you'd be hard pressed to find a PC nowadays that supplys firewire, as usb 2.0 is faster and more commonly used. Also dual CD drives are very rarely used so not many manufactorers bother packaging them. Having seen people come in with coverplan vouchers plenty of times before. I can safely say, as much as I hate coverplan, and as much as I dislike dsgi, most people who are unfortunate enough to have to wait 21 days for vouchers, do walk away with a significantly better spec machine. And most people aren't petty enough to have a go at the company (or the poor girls on customer services) because they're not getting the two CD drives the company very rarely stocks anymore. Technicaly you could pull them on this even after being told you could have a better specification PC, but don't be supprised if they respond by trailing each and every warehouse looking for a leftover bit of stock, of your original PC, just so you do get that "exact" match.

Trust me, DSGi, is not going to part with a £1000 PC, if you only paid £500 for the original, just because the £1000 pc is the only one with two DVD drives or firewire, it just won't happen.

that is basically what i said surely, i know that machine very rearly come with these components now and therefore it would make perfect sense to offer vouchers for similar spec machine machine (is bound to better as times have moved on) but also give them £40 in vouchers for the extra components that are missing. I am pretty sure the contract states a machine that is equal or better than the orginal and therefore if it is missing components that the orginal had it is not equal even if the other parts are better than the orginal so the most cost effective way of dealing with this is to send out the voucheers for a similar brand and spec machine plus £40 of extra vouchers to buy the two components off the shelve and get an instore tech to put them in.

I understand dsgi are not going to send out vouchers for £1000 just becuase that might be the only pc that has 2 drives and firewire but the customer would be well within their rights to refuse the vouchers offerered if it would not enable them to buy and equal or better machine plus the extra 2 components.