help required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my data requests off 43 days ago for two different accounts, One to NatWest , the other to Barclays. Natwest have got back to me and said they can't do the request due to the fact i don't know any of my account details, apart from branch opened in and rough dates so have returned my cheque and said sorry can't do it without the account numbers.:confused: :confused:

Barclays on the other hand have done nothing . Not a thing nadda zip..:mad: :mad:

Have had a look at the templates for non compliance and i am unable to even have a stab in the dark at how much they owe me so can't go down that route.

I also can't find the link to report them to the Int Commisionary whatever it's called. Any advise on both matters would be greatly recieved...:) :)

Gosh, 9 hours and no answer to your query in the wrong forum on a free website run by volunteers and for the most part laypersons.

I'd stamp my feet and threaten to sue them if I were you, or you could ask on the Bank Action Group forum :confused:

Lloyds TSB, Total Charges £900, Claim Filed for £1379 - Settled

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card, Total Charges £90 - Settled.

whoa!! Has it occurred to you that the majority of users on this site have probably been at work all day?? Have you not considered googling 'information commissioner' or even doing a search on this site using the search button at the top of each page?

As for not having your Natwest account number, they should still be able to find your account with your full name and address, and D.O.B - I did read a post where someone went to a different branch of their bank armed with just a driving license, i think, and no account number etc and they managed to find it. Basically it sounds like they are just trying to fob you off - keep pushing them.

Rant over - sorry, very hot day/short fuse, but sometimes you just need to have a little patience. Someone will always answer your question eventually, but I'm sure you'll understand that there are a lot of users on this site and not every question can be answered immediately :)

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

Reply to them with as much detail as you can: full name,address and dates when you held the a/c, DOB, utlility bills if you've changed address since.

If u dont know when the account was held get a copy of your credit file - it will have the opened and closed dates on it - you prob need to send the Data letter again and the £10...they seem to just be stalling tho - as far as i know they are supposed to supply you with all unformation they have on you..this will/should be in their system - the account numbers just mean they have an easier job!

good luck

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

wow another ungrateful impatient user.

All the answers are IN THE FAQ!!!!

Your next step is (if you bother to read it) to write to them give them a further 7 days warning them they are now in breach and you will report them to the ICO and instigate proceedings against them if they now fail to provide the info.

Thats for Barclays and for Natwest as above write back giving them the address at the time and everything else you can think of.

Next time post in the relevant forums Barclays and Natwest even if it means 2 seperate posts and try waiting for those of us with jobs and other commitments to get home, for example I have been at the hospital all day waiting for my partner to have a C-section and I will be back down there tomorrow as it wasnt done today so have some patience please.

I think the phrase you were actually looking for was

"sorry ill have a read through now thanks sorry for being impatient i'm just really wound up and want to get going"

To which you would have got back "Thats ok we all have to start somewhere but have a good read through the FAQs as the answers are in there and also start a thread in the individual bank forum where other people using the same bank can advise you further"

Oh and we don't tell each other to shut it round here either I think you have mistaken this forum for another one but never mind eh

Ok sorry to everybody apart from demon_x_slash .

don't take kindly to being called a W****R, i just hate it when you get the big men that gob off when on the other end of a wire, bet your a proper Mr muscle aint ya. (Rant over)

to others thanks for advice:D

I really don't think you've hit it off on the right foot here Hodgy boy.

But anyway, the DPA states you have to give them as much information to help them as you can. If you don't know the account numbers then date of birth, time of account and what address you had it at will work.

As previous people have said, write back to them stating they are in breach.

I am sorry if this sounds rude, but I feel that I must be as blunt as possible so that the situation is crystal clear. Please also take this on board as an advance warning about using offensive language - offensive language is uncalled for, is in breach of the forum rules, and will not be tolerated:

• All people on the site and in the forum are volunteers.
  • All these people give help, advice and support free of charge, and in their own time.
  • No-one at all is paid for their time, and there is no obligation to offer any help at all.
  • We all have jobs, families, responsibilities and lives of our own.
  • We help people because we want to and because we can.

• There are over 40,000 users on the site.
  • There are approximately 40 moderators and helpers on the site.
  • The ratio is one mod/helper to 1,000 users.
  • The forum is not structured for one-to-one help.
  • Users are expected to do most of the groundwork where they are able to.
  • Mods/helpers advise and assist in the more complex areas.
  • Mod/helper advice is not given lightly, and being reliable and cogent, it is reasonable to assume that it will be taken on board and acted upon.

Those statements pretty much sum up how The Consumer Action Group operates.

See the steps I took to get my bank charges back

Spiceskull v HSBC

Thank you Consumer Action Group

Read my blog

View a heated discussion about bank charges on the Times Educational Supplement bulletin boards

Collage001.gif

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If this thread continues to be used to abuse other users in anyway it will be closed

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 11 months later...

Help: Intrum Justitia

I have a debt of £26000 with Natwest which is now being paid to Intrum Justitia every month without fail (£320.00 monthly payment). I pay by BACS through my bank every week and i still get weekly calls asking for missed payments, when i tell them that i have paid they then say sorry and would i like to pay off the debt for £12000. What will i achieve by asking for CCA.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge over the CCA procedure.