CPN Again!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, new user and not sure if I’m doing the right thing in starting a new thread.

I work in the NHS and my trust hugely reduced the number if parking spaces, though it did introduce staff car parking…far too few of course.

As a consequence of this, on a daily basis, at least 50 other vehicles park contravening the “contract” that we enter by using the car park, in that we park not in designated bays. There are numerous raised sections of kerb big enough to fit between 1-4 cars on, along with other “spaces” at the entrance to the car park, and on the verge/kerb on the access road leading to it. Everyone is careful for their wheels not to touch the road/car park as there are red lines. I have also been parking like this for at least 9 months now with no problem. However recently I received a ticket, and as the attendant was there I obviously protested, showing my staff badge. They then said “Oh, we didn’t realise it was a staff car. No probs, appeal and the company will cancel the ticket” – Great I thought, how stupid of me!

My appeal was ignored. My second appeal again re-iterated that I pay £60 per year to park there, and I was very sorry if my vehicle was not on their records, I did not realise. I will get it on the records if you could please rescind the ticket. Their response was (unsurprisingly) “so what, pay up.” My 3rd appeal included photos to show that it was commonly accepted practice for people to park in exactly the same way as I had, but that they do not get ticketed. Also that unlike previously when I had been BLOCKED IN by an “unregistered vehicle”, I was not causing an obstruction or any problem of access. Their reply to this was that the ticket had been correctly issued, they cannot help it if the attendants do not do their job properly (!!!) and pay up. Also they will not answer any more communication from myself as they have already written to me 3 times (am I supposed to be grateful?), and the next correspondence will be from the debt collectors!

My questions are:

Have I harmed myself by writing to them?

Should I pay the fine as I did not park in a designated bay?/ Does my argument of one rule for them, etc hold up?

Again, sorry if I’m going over old ground. I know it’s only £14, but why should I when I pay £60 a year anyway?!! Any advice will be very gratefully received.

PS: I do know that a number of people have received, and ignored tickets – including the Chief Executive, who on seeing the ticket said “Well, I’m not F***ing paying THAT!”….but I’m not the Chief Exec, and I wrote to them!....please help!

• 9 months later...

Hi StuMid

I'm not sure that this will work in all hospitals (!!), but here's what I did.

I appealled a number of times, including photos showing at least 20 other people parking the same as I had, to be told that they can't help it if the attendant does not do their job properly and ticket all of the cars!!!

The 3rd appeal I wrote received a reply from them saying that they would not write any more, they still wanted the money, and if I didn't pay up they would take me to court.

I had read a lot of threads that say this is the point where it will all end as they will not actually take you to court...but maybe I don't have the bottle (!!) as I did'nt want to take the risk.

Don't worry though 'cos I did not pay!!

As a hopeful final thing, I wrote everything out, with all dates, every detail, and photos...and a (not entirely untrue!) sob story about being "bullied" by and on behalf of the trust, and sent this to the trust chief executive. If I remember correctly, I think I even cc'd BBC Watchdog!!

After a couple of days I received a reply from the chief execs p.a saying she was "very sorry for what had happened..." and she had forwarded the mail to the director of estates. A few days after that I recieved a mail from him saying that "on this occasion the fine would be rescinded..." ...and don't do it again!!

Hurrah, pain in the a, but the "right" result at the end of it!

Hope it works out cool for you...

First of all the ticket you received is not a fine, only Courts/councils/Piolice can fine you.

What you have is an unenforcable invoice, that a parking company has put on your car.Its good that you got the invoice squashed, but in future follow these simple rules.

Do not pay, do not contact them at all and do not worry.

The threats these companies dish out are just parhaps, we might maybe we will take you to Court and should be treated as such.

Thank you for the update Radman. Sounds like what I do with council PCN's and I have had all cancelled locally. This though is worrying me more cause i'm not sure where I stand.

I've ignored it for a month though now and I am very stubborn and not easily scared and am ****ed off that at my hospital they have reduced staff parking and there rule applications are inconcistent so will fight them if I have to on that basis.

Until I get a court summons am going to ignore them.

Cheers

Stu Mid

Hi Radman,

Firstly you have given these cretins far too much credibility by continually writing to them. As a result of sites such as this these companies have seen a considerable revenue drop.

You also have to realise you are not writing to a lawful authority, such as Police or Council merely a private company with no more powers to 'fine you' than I have, which is none.

If you are not bothered by the companies begging letters then just ignore them and get on with your life.

regards

Edited by letshelp

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

They do seem able to take you to court so presumably they can win as well.

You don't need any 'special powers' to take people to court, it is an option open to anybody.

Also what about the annoying bayliffs.

Are you confusing debt collectors with bailiffs?

A debt collector has absolutely no powers above that of any other person.

A bailiff is only involved if the matter goes to court (very unlikely)

You lose (even more unlikely), Then you don't pay the judgement, then they apply for enforcement.

regards

Sorry I should have been more specific.

When and if they take me to court for non payment of their invoice there is a chance they can win?

I know I can write them letters with my case start charging them money for each response then once it get to a certain amount file a court case?

Actually thinking about it is that not a better option than ignoring their harassment or or we thinking that they will go away well before that stage also does it make my case look better if they do take me to court that I wrote letters?

Thanks for the point about the bailiffs vs debt collectors - I understand I should just send them a letter saying the debt is in dispute ?

I think am worried I may lose my parking privaleges which although **** are sometimes useful given the long unsociable hour shifts.

Sorry I should have been more specific.

When and if they take me to court for non payment of their invoice there is a chance they can win?

Of course, and that is what the ppc's rely on, the chance win, even if it is an undefended action or a poor defence put forward, or just a judge who hasn't got a clue. Like life court is a gamble.

Actually thinking about it is that not a better option than ignoring their harassment or or we thinking that they will go away well before that stage also does it make my case look better if they do take me to court that I wrote letters?

There has been several dfferent opinions on this forum regarding this issue. I am on the side that it makes no difference to your case whatsoever. You are under no obligation to respond to junk mail, as long as you respond within the time limits to actual court papers then it should mak no difference.

Thanks for the point about the bailiffs vs debt collectors - I understand I should just send them a letter saying the debt is in dispute ?

Yes, send ONE letter only telling them the debt is in dispute and refer back to ther client.

I think am worried I may lose my parking privaleges which although **** are sometimes useful given the long unsociable hour shifts.

I don't see why you should, you are just refusing to allow yourself to be bullied by a PPC. I would raise a grievance at work should they withdraw my parking facilities just because of this.

regards