• Tweets

• Wayne Ting, chief executive of e-scooter firm Lime, says there's room for improvement. View the full article
    • If you are absolutely certain* that you were parked OK, write a letter of complaint to the Headteacher and copy in the Chair of the school governors.   If you or the car were identifiable in any way from the photo (eg visible registration number, driver's face etc) I would very politely write that you resent the untrue suggestion that you had parked/had stopped/were waiting in a way that contravened any traffic regulations, and that you are sure that the school will understand that you would like an apology and a correction to be printed in the next newsletter.  (You can also clearly state that you were identifiable from the photo because other parents have mentioned it to you).   See if that works.   You don't want to go to court for defamation as you'll need access to about £10k in fees before you get out of bed.  You just want an apology and a correction.  If what you've told us is accurate, I don't see any reasonable school failing to say sorry.     *My wife is a former school governor and my experience listening to her is that very very few parents actually understand the meaning of the no stopping/no waiting signs and road markings outside schools.  Don't complain unless you are sure you weren't stopped where you shouldn't have been.
    • And they haven't offered a speed awareness course either?  (Have you done one in the last three years or is this in Scotland?)   And is one of the notices for 34 in a 30?  As Man in the Middle says, that ought to be below the level at which they take action.   (And sorry - I don't want to appear preachy - but...  there don't have to be any warnings or signs or lines on the road to advise you of the presence of speed cameras.  If you get away with an exceptional hardship argument you will need to stick to speed limits in future - whether you know there are cameras there or not.  NB Don't know if this applies to you, but most 30 mph limits are restricted roads with a system of streetlighting and don't even need speed limit signs - you are assumed to know this from the Highway Code).
    • It's up to you if you want to pay £300 you don't owe plus whatever Unicorn Food Tax with no basis in law whatsoever that they will have made up in the Letter Before Claim.   We'd prefer you didn't.   But you have received a LBC so it's make your mind up time.   So please    - post up photos of the signage in the dark that you'll have taken two months ago (post 14)    - post up details of planning permission for their signs you'll have found out after you got onto the council, again two months ago (again post 14)    - also let us know if you agree with Brassnecked's excellent letter or if you'd like to tweak bits depending on what you've found out    - upload the LBC.  Some of them are appallingly drafted and invariably contain Unicorn Food Tax which is all useful extra ammo    - also, where are you living now (post 35) and are you comfortable with legal communications arriving at your parents'?   If you look in our PPC Successes thread at the top of the page, you will see 275 times these cheats have been seen off with their tails between their legs (and all had the same "well known legal companies" (ho! ho!) on hand).  In reality 275 times is a massive underestimate, in all 275 cases there was a "moment of victory" IYSWIM where the PPC were thrashed in court or discontinued a claim or were called off by a supermarket chain, etc., etc.  There will have been at least that number again where they were told to Foxtrot Oscar and then crawled back under their stone.  They are eminently beatable but logically when you're in legal dispute you have to put some graft in to beat the other party.
  • Our picks

Locked in car park

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3363 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

So it isn't Lyons-Davidson that PCAD normally use. I'd be interested in learning, in the fullness of time, why they're handling this case then. I suspect that the answer to that could also answer another of the things that puzzles me: Why has this raised its ugly head again now after nearly four years of nothing.

The early threats from Lyons-Davidson were sent with Royal and Sun Alliance as the client, for the purposes of litigation this was changed to PCAD as claimant although Lyons-Davidson appear confused themselves as to whether PCAD are sole or first of two joint claimants. The Court have not picked up on this but if by chance PCAD won I'm sure we would make an issue of the matter.:roll:

Edited by Toulose LeDebt

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patma

Best of luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and Fred with fingers crossed.

BTW, did Fred see the occupants of the BMW? Did the male have reddish hair by any chance (I seriously doubt it but you never know)?

I'll ask him and let you know.

That's a mysterious question, very intriguing.

The early threats from LD were sent with Royal and Sun Alliance as the client, for the purposes of litigation this was changed to PCAD as claimant although LD appear confused themselves as to whether PCAD are sole or first of two joint claimants. The Court have not picked up on this but if by chance PCAD won I'm sure we would make an issue of the matter.:roll:

Yes I noticed that too, TLD,sometimes they call PCAD first claimant, but where's the ghostly second one then?

I wonder what R&SA would say to being asked outright if they're claimants?

Just seen your pm now TLD....wow and double wow. That would be just amazing. What a hoot!:D

I have just emailed you an annotated copy of the document Patma. I think that makes it clear to all and submitted into evidence by the claimant too eh? What a bonus!!!!

We'll keep that information out the public domain for now but I am in no doubt that the claimant knew this before they even entered litigation.

What we must do next is trace backwards through the entire document bundle until we find the first mention of that fact and see who introduced it and in what circumstances.

Edited by Toulose LeDebt

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

I have just emailed you an amended copy of the letter Patma. I think that makes it clear to all and submitted into evidence by the claimant too eh? What a bonus!!!!

Certainly answers some of the questions which were frustrating us behind scenes Captain Slow meets mission impossible.

Just got it thanks and I've printed it out for reference.

When you think of all the evidence they've given us, they're our new best friends really.

LD I love you......big hugs all round:D

Just got it thanks and I've printed it out for reference.

When you think of all the evidence they've given us, they're our new best friends really.

LD I love you......big hugs all round:D

Print another copy and put it on top of the pile of documents for tomorrows meeting, should be a good conversation starter.

There are some very sinister implications indeed for the claimant if this is confirmed.

Print another copy and put it on top of the pile of documents for tomorrows meeting, should be a good conversation starter.

There are some very sinister implications indeed for the claimant if this is confirmed.

Oh do explain, please. I can't wait. You can pm it if necessary, but I'll never sleep otherwise.

This thread reminds me of the ABC Minors at the saturday pictures so many years ago as the end of every post from Patma and TLD leaves you on a cliffhanger,eagerly awaiting the next episode!

This thread reminds me of the ABC Minors at the saturday pictures so many years ago as the end of every post from Patma and TLD leaves you on a cliffhanger,eagerly awaiting the next episode!

Hey middenmess, it's a cliffhanger for me too.:D:eek::confused:

TLD IS BEING MYSTERIOUS.

Oh do explain, please. I can't wait. You can pm it if necessary, but I'll never sleep otherwise.

Look at the date of that letter then look at the date they started the claim.

The offence is not to do it but to do it 'knowingly'.

Hey middenmess, it's a cliffhanger for me too.:D:eek::confused:

TLD IS BEING MYSTERIOUS.

He's being careful.

Look at the date of that letter then look at the date they started the claim.

The offence is not to do it but to do it 'knowingly'.

I think I get you now, thanks.

Very well spotted what you pointed out in the email btw (sorry everyone, you'll hear about it honestly)

I think I get you now, thanks.

Very well spotted what you pointed out in the email btw (sorry everyone, you'll hear about it honestly)

That was the problem you see for the point to be valid something else had to be wrong and it was. Only a minor otherwise insignificant error but it threw the whole theory.

(Well for a few minutes anyway).:D:D

Okay I've received them now thanks.

Not sure why they bothered including that nonsense really the docs are highly irrelevant but as they've submitted costs based on what about thirty quid a throw for reading a letter I guess that's earned Lyons Davidson about 250 Lalaland dollars in return for no output or contribution whatsoever

Notice they claim to be working for R&SA in the one I labelled 15?

On the second page of the index, the bottom item is a certain FOI request response from our friend at PCAD btw

• Haha 1
Notice they claim to be working for R&SA in the one I labelled 15?

On the second page of the index, the bottom item is a certain FOI request response from our friend at PCAD btw

I hadn't but now you mention it........ what a bunch of jokers.

Is that what it is? Well thank you very much Lyons Davidson because you have just completely proven one of the allegations made before the Court about your conduct (that's your conduct not 'your clients conduct) in presenting this case. I think that particular one was passed on to the SRA as well but tbh it's late now and there have been so many complaints, allegations of misconduct and contempt I forget where we are with each one sometimes.:roll:

Edited by Toulose LeDebt

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3363 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you