Locked in car park

Patma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im really shocked by the turn this thread has taken with the last lot of postings.

This is a matter that has gone on for a long time, it has been complex at the best of times and there have been numerous delays along the way when no news has been released by those who have been involved.

This matter was, as far as we know, last in court only 4 weeks ago and there have been a couple of comments from those involved to say that the matter was concluded and that judgement was expected to be revealed the following week. However, knowing how this case has been shaped over the time it has been running it would not surprise me if there hasn't been a delay.

While it would be nice to be kept up to date with the current situation is it really fair to post some of the things that have been recently because the thread hasn't been updated? I just hope those who have kept things updated aren't scared off from porting the eventual outcome - if they can based on whatever the outcome of the case is.

Feebee_71

Could agree more. Give it a chance guys, I'm sure that someone will come back at some point.

At the end of the day, the people concerned, initially at least, have far greater concerns than coming onto an internet forum to post the outcome.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could agree more. Give it a chance guys, I'm sure that someone will come back at some point.

At the end of the day, the people concerned, initially at least, have far greater concerns than coming onto an internet forum to post the outcome.

I would have to disagree.

The hearing was on the 8th. We were told by JonCris that the appeal had concluded and Judgement was expected the next week (w/c: 11th Oct). On the 12th, JonCris tells use that the Judgement is being "considered" before commenting - whatever that means. We then here nothing, despite the fact that JonCris last logged in some 2 weeks after his last post on this thread.

They original parties have had ample time to give an update.

If the posters were happy to come on the forum at a time of stress to seek help, the least they could do would be to return and tell us the outcome.

A bit of common sense goes a long way.

The essence of a Police caution is not a signature on a piece of paper; it's a warning conveyed to the person cautioned, especially to deter a repeat performance, the proof of which is thus the state of mind of the person. To rather pretend that there was no caution is tantamount to supposing that the subject is free to repeat the offence.

If a judge would rather have none of that I am not so surprised.

More to the point, the constructive thing to do when a car park barrier is out of order is to report the fault to the management, as soon as possible, or to report the offence to the Police, immediately, when the suspicion is that the thing was vandalised by somebody else.

If that failed to happen (as would seem to have been the case) the fuss that followed is because of that omission. Before accusing others of negligence it behoves to set the example.

8-)

I would have to disagree.

The hearing was on the 8th. We were told by JonCris that the appeal had concluded and Judgement was expected the next week (w/c: 11th Oct). On the 12th, JonCris tells use that the Judgement is being "considered" before commenting - whatever that means. We then here nothing, despite the fact that JonCris last logged in some 2 weeks after his last post on this thread.

They original parties have had ample time to give an update.

If the posters were happy to come on the forum at a time of stress to seek help, the least they could do would be to return and tell us the outcome.

Sometimes "real life" gets in the way :)

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Real life?! What on earth is that! :lol:

I accept that people have things to do. But it doesn't take long to make a quick post saying "we lost" or "we won".

Especially when we consider that JonCris used to live in the RLP section of this site. He now seems to have vanished without trace.

I have a very heavy workload - I have just finished writing a report on a legal conference last week and I am now opening my criminal practice books... I doubt they will shut before 12 tonight. Despite this I still find time to come on here.... though I think they call that procrastination..:lol:

Thanks Middenmess

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Obtained by a roundabout route from a reliable source is ...

Middenmiss,

Thanks for adding that update.

It seems that my previous comment about there being delays preventing those with knowledge of the current situation from posting about it is just about spot on!!

Lets now hope that there is some slack given to those involved to allow matters to be ironed out so they can get to the final conclusion of the case and then tell us about it in time.

Feebee_71

For the record I want to make it clear that I have no knowledge of what has transpired. I have been out of the loop with regards Fred's case since the end of July and so am as in the dark as everyone else.

When I was told that the appeal was to be heard on 8th October, I was also promised that I would be informed of the result, but that did not happen.

If I should hear anything, I would immediately report it here, but I'm not holding my breath.

I just want to make this clear because when I was involved with the case, I was eternally grateful for all the support from so many CAGGERS and came to think of so many of you as friends and I would not deliberately withold information.

Patma, what astounds me is that it appears certain posters imagine they are somehow entitled to know the outcome when, as far as I was aware, no CAGGER is obliged to post anything at all as a condition of forum membership. I would like to know what the outcome is but am mindful of Fred's right to do as he sees fit regarding this forum. Good luck and be assured that my support for you & Fred isn't conditional on reading any further update.

Patma, what astounds me is that it appears certain posters imagine they are somehow entitled to know the outcome when, as far as I was aware, no CAGGER is obliged to post anything at all as a condition of forum membership. I would like to know what the outcome is but am mindful of Fred's right to do as he sees fit regarding this forum. Good luck and be assured that my support for you & Fred isn't conditional on reading any further update.

While this is correct, many people have given support and advice. It is important to give some feedback on the outcome, both to acknowledge this support, and to help those in a similar position in the future, to decide the correct course of action.Otherwise, what is the incentive to help each other.

I have been out of the loop with regards Fred's case since the end of July and so am as in the dark as everyone else.

When I was told that the appeal was to be heard on 8th October, I was also promised that I would be informed of the result, but that did not happen.

If I should hear anything, I would immediately report it here, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thats very sad, particularly the implication of the last bit

Thankyou Bedlington, I feel bad that having started and maintained this thread from the beginning that I am unable to fulfil my obligations to all the wonderful people who have contributed, you very much included.

Ah well,

there's no need to apologise to me at least, not so foolish to have tried to support a person so obviously determined, all the way through, to help himself, never mind the expense to the rest of us.

We live and learn.

It's the bits that were missing that made me doubt. Were I locked in a car park but entitled to be there, and to go home in due course, it would rather be me with a claim and complaint to make, against the management, from the start, and if so many took an interest (as eventually did as this thread progressed) I'd be there to thank them, on my own behalf, in person, not by proxy.

:hail:

It's the bits that were missing that made me doubt. Were I locked in a car park but entitled to be there, and to go home in due course, it would rather be me with a claim and complaint to make, against the management, from the start, and if so many took an interest (as eventually did as this thread progressed) I'd be there to thank them, on my own behalf, in person, not by proxy.

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/

• 4 weeks later...

Well, if I never hear what happened in the end, that would be slightly frustrating. But, the bottom line is that it isn't me that's primarily involved, and hence I don't feel that I have a right to know. All I do is send best wishes to those involved, and hope that those in the right (which I sincerely believe to be Fred) win out in the long run.

• 1 month later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks