• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Locked in car park

Patma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi to all the wonderful people on this forum. I expect you've seen me viewing this thread a lot and I haven't said anything because I don't have anything useful to add, but as Patma's daughter and as I know Fred very well I have a personal interest in this case.

It certainly is a bit of a roller-coaster and full of twists and turns. The things that have come to light haven't ceased to gob smack me and the whole saga is a bit like peeling an onion.

The contributors to this thread have been such good supportive people and I enjoy their humour immensely.

I have especially high regard for the tenacious TLD. I'm sure all would agree that to have him onside is the most amazing bonus and you certainly wouldn't want to be on the other team when TLD comes out to bat. It's sixes all the way.:D

Best of luck to Mum and Fred. XXX

Breaking News!!

One of our highly trained deep undercover field agents has just relayed a message from Fred and Patma at Devon and Cornwall Police HQ in Exeter.

The bad news first: Due to the police struggling to find the relevant records in time it is now extremely unlikely if not impossible that the caution will be expunged before the 2nd of September 2009 the hearing date.

On the plus side:

The head of the Police Legal team has reviewed the video evidence and sees no unreasonable behaviour being committed by Fred.

He has also contacted the Chief Constable to make him aware of the issues.

He has proven very helpful to Fred and his intervention might be critical to Freds defence.

He has confirmed as 'true' what we spotted last night which actually makes the 'bad news' mentioned above wholly obsolete.

Apologies that I cannot tell you more at the moment, please just believe me when I say that this constitutes extremely good news for Fred, you will be shocked when you do eventually hear the explanation and if Lyons Davidson thought the latest order made by the Court in this matter was bad news then they aint seen nothing yet!!!!!:D:D

Edited by Toulose LeDebt

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

LOL, I'm not all that highly trained and I think I just broke my cover.;)

:Cry::cry:

I guess there's always Beaumont Consultancy then........

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

I have especially high regard for the tenacious TLD. I'm sure all would agree that to have him onside is the most amazing bonus...

Best of luck to Mum and Fred. XXX

How lovely to see Patma & Fred have your support too Annushka, I'm sure it means a lot to them both.

Your comments re. TLD have been echoed frequently on CAG & there are several members who have cause to be very grateful for his expertise & dedication. To save his blushes I won't say more..

Apologies that I cannot tell you more at the moment, please just believe me when I say that this constitutes extremely good news for Fred, you will be shocked when you do eventually hear the explanation and if Lyons Davidson thought the latest order made by the Court in this matter was bad news then they aint seen nothing yet!!!!!:D:D

We'll take your word for it TLD...

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Gosh, so much happening. I've actually been working today and hadn't checked the thread.

A belated good luck to Fred & Patma for today.

And the caution might not be admissible evidence? That would really be a major turnaround. And raises many questions as to why they would amend the POCs to add it back in.

This might not be the best source, as bits and pieces are missing. But it will be a start.

What is a "subsisting conviction"? Edit: Oh, one that has not been quashed. (http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=tno1bCUOrEwC&pg=PA400&lpg=PA400&dq=subsisting+conviction&source=bl&ots=-SOaFpfDHi&sig=YnWlfXnqMDIxhNwzAcJBxqZxcmA&hl=en&ei=F3KNSpTdA4WZjAfi8M3jDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4#v=onepage&q=subsisting%20conviction&f=false)

11 Convictions as evidence in civil proceedings

(1)In any civil proceedings the fact that a person has been convicted of an offence by or before any court in the United Kingdom or by a court-martial there or elsewhere shall (subject to subsection (3) below) be admissible in evidence for the purpose of proving, where to do so is relevant to any issue in those proceedings, that he committed that offence, whether he was so convicted upon a plea of guilty or otherwise and whether or not he is a party to the civil proceedings; but no conviction other than a subsisting one shall be admissible in evidence by virtue of this section.

(2)In any civil proceedings in which by virtue of this section a person is proved to have been convicted of an offence by or before any court in the United Kingdom or by a court-martial there or elsewhere—

(a)he shall be taken to have committed that offence unless the contrary is proved; and

(b)without prejudice to the reception of any other admissible evidence for the purpose of identifying the facts on which the conviction was based, the contents of any document which is admissible as evidence of the conviction, and the contents of the information, complaint, indictment or charge-sheet on which the person in question was convicted, shall be admissible in evidence for that purpose.

(3)Nothing in this section shall prejudice the operation of section 13 of this Act or any other enactment whereby a conviction or a finding of fact in any criminal proceedings is for the purposes of any other proceedings made conclusive evidence of any fact.

(4)Where in any civil proceedings the contents of any document are admissible in evidence by virtue of subsection (2) above, a copy of that document, or of the material part thereof, purporting to be certified or otherwise authenticated by or on behalf of the court or authority having custody of that document shall be admissible in evidence and shall be taken to be a true copy of that document or part unless the contrary is shown.

(5)Nothing in any of the following enactments, that is to say—

(a)[F1section 14 of the Powers of Criminal Courts (Sentencing) Act 2000](under which a conviction leading to F2. . . discharge is to be disregarded except as therein mentioned);

(b)[F3section 191 of the M1Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1975] (which makes similar provision in respect of convictions on indictment in Scotland); and

©section 8 of the M2Probation Act (Northern Ireland) 1950 (which corresponds to the said section 12) or any corresponding enactment of the Parliament of Northern Ireland for the time being in force,

shall affect the operation of this section; and for the purposes of this section any order made by a court of summary jurisdiction in Scotland under [F3section 383 or section 384 of the said Act of 1975] shall be treated as a conviction.

(6)In this section “court-martial ” means a court-martial constituted under the M3Army Act 1955, the M4Air Force Act 1955 or the M5Naval Discipline Act 1957 F4. . . , and in relation to a court-martial “conviction ”, F5. . . , means a finding of guilty which is, or falls to be treated as, the finding of the court, and “convicted ” shall be construed accordingly.

A thought occurs to me (that TLD might like to consider) about the admissibilty of an caution, as section 11 of the Civil Evidence Act 1968 provides only for admissibility of convictions "by or before a court"

This is something that has been bothering me as well. My son got a caution a few years ago. Im nearly sure that the caution was not for what he actually did but for his future conduct and if he got into any more trouble then he could get prosecuted for that offence as well. The police have no power to convict, just to put evidence before a court. Even if it had gone to court at the time, there is no guarantee that it would have led to a conviction especially with the lack of evidence.

Here's something that I've been wondering. The trial now seems to be little about the actual claimed "damages" done, but "costs". Could the court make a decision that Fred only did 50p damage, order him to pay that, but because Fred has "lost" the case, award costs against Fred?

Here's something that I've been wondering. The trial now seems to be little about the actual claimed "damages" done, but "costs". Could the court make a decision that Fred only did 50p damage, order him to pay that, but because Fred has "lost" the case, award costs against Fred?

I cant see that happening AT. Fred is fighting a claim of 5K+. If the judge orders Fred to pay a small amount then effectively he has won.

If someone scratches my car and I go out and buy a brand new one to replace a 10 year old one and claim it of the offender, a judge would physically throw me out of court.

He either damaged it or he didn't AT & they have to prove that he did & that whatever damage they claim he did warranted an expensive repair or new barrier. Even the DJ can't turn round & say 'well, you only removed the manufacturer's label ;)from the barrier so you owe PCAD 50p & BTW they want trillions in costs'. That's not what was on the POC.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

This is something that has been bothering me as well. My son got a caution a few years ago. Im nearly sure that the caution was not for what he actually did but for his future conduct and if he got into any more trouble then he could get prosecuted for that offence as well. The police have no power to convict, just to put evidence before a court. Even if it had gone to court at the time, there is no guarantee that it would have led to a conviction especially with the lack of evidence.

I'm no lawyer, but as far as I can see, section 11 of the act only talks about convictions before a court being sufficient evidence that a crime has been committed. Unless that conviction has been quashed, or can be disproved with other evidence.

I would vaguely guess, that means that the caution is not sufficient in itself to serve as proof that Fred committed criminal damage. However, I don't think that means that the caution is not admissible, or can't be used as evidence. Just that it is not the very strong evidence that a conviction in front of a court would be.

Aren't civil cases judged on the balance of probabilities?

He either damaged it or he didn't AT & they have to prove that he did & that whatever damage they claim he did warranted an expensive repair or new barrier. Even the DJ can't turn round & say 'well, you only removed the manufacturer's label ;)from the barrier so you owe PCAD 50p & BTW they want trillions in costs'. That's not what was on the POC.

As I said, I'm no lawyer. But, costs can be awarded in cases. And the judge can decide to award a lesser amount of damages than is claimed in the POC. As far as I know, it's not just a case where the DJ has to award the damages claimed on the POC, or nothing.

Thanks for the update TLD. I'm extremely intrigued as to what this smoking gun that you've found may be but understand why we have to wait. (I bet you're busting a gut to tell us too).

Was there any confirmation, or an indication of likeliness, that the caution would be expunged eventually, albeit not by 02/09/09?

I'd be amazed if fred was ordered to pay any costs, traditionally that burden falls upon the loser.:cool:

Aha, but the whole point of a Devil's Advocate is to assume the opposite of the "good" outcome!

As Roy says, if there's a reduced, even severely reduced, award, who is judged as the loser in terms of costs?

Yes, I do know that the judge can decide not to award costs, but I think it's worth considering various eventualities.

As far as I know, it's not just a case where the DJ has to award the damages claimed on the POC, or nothing.

You're right. I recently won a small claim but wasn't awarded the full amount that I was claiming. Instead the judge awarded a figure plucked out of the air that was around 40% of what I asked for. As a result of not getting everything I claimed he also knocked my costs down.

Edited by bedlington83
Spelling

Shocking waste of public funds.

Those responsible for this blatent misuse of authority should be held personally responsible and have their assets sequestrated to cover the waste.

Those senior public servants who have made this a personal vendetta against fred should suffer, personally.

I suspect that they will soon be spending more time with their families.

Was there any confirmation, or an indication of likeliness, that the caution would be expunged eventually, albeit not by 02/09/09?

Well the police were of the opinion that Freds behaviour was entirely reasonable and thus any caution issued upon the facts presented within the video would be unjust. But getting it expunged isn't going to be very easy.

Shocking waste of public funds.

Those responsible for this blatent misuse of authority should be held personally responsible and have their assets sequestrated to cover the waste.

Those senior public servants who have made this a personal vendetta against fred should suffer, personally.

I suspect that they will soon be spending more time with their families.

Isn't it only £80 that the college has to pay? Surely anyone else involved is a private company.

Is this one of the reasons why they offered Fred that deal. Partial victory and then can claim costs.

What partial victory royboy? They still wanted him to pay them! :mad:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks