Locked in car park

Patma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As for the question 'Why couldn't it be posted'? I suspect it's because they left it too late, the papers had to be in 14 days before the set hearing date.

If they had stuck to the deadlines previously I might be convinced that is the motivation, the fact that there have been several other "anonymous" visits makes me think this visit has got absolutely nothing to do with delivery bundles.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they had stuck to the deadlines previously I might be convinced that is the motivation, the fact that there have been several other "anonymous" visits makes me think this visit has got absolutely nothing to do with delivery bundles.

Are we on the same wavelength here natalie? Lyons-Davidson drop Fred the sec 36 offer then intimidate him with a personal visit which happens to include an outrageous breakdown of included costs, maybe contrived to make him think a little deeper about taking up their extraordinarily generous offer?

Edited by Toulose LeDebt

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

I've been following this thread for ages and now have to add my admiration for Fred and those helping him. I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover these latest tactics are an attempt to intimidate because I've been there myself with a claim against a County Council. You tell yourself it's nothing and you're being paranoid until the day they send through the 'reports' and witness statements. Oh yes, in my case they'd been knocking on doors and talking to my neighbours trying to dig some dirt - any dirt.

I was horrified but my solicitor was not in the least surprised. It seems this sort of behaviour is now normal practice. I hope Fred sticks it to them big time. Organisations with large amounts of other people's money seem to think they can do as they please and they know most people will give in. I'm delighted to see someone standing up to the bullies, I know how hard it is.

Costs - mine were in excess of £180k by the time they'd forced it to the High Court and then given in on lunchtime of the second day. I have no idea what theirs were but all that public money wasted because of arrogant bullies.

Costs - mine were in excess of £180k

:eek::eek: Bet you were glad you won!!

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

A tad relieved :) Holding your nerve is not easy even though you know you're in the right. I know that unlike Fred, it was my case and so could have stopped at any time in theory but actually you can't because you can't afford to. I still smile when I hear the song 'I get knocked down but I get up again' as my daughter would put it on in the car every time we had to go to CMCs and the like. We sing along, tunelessly but very loudly and be ready for battle when we arrived. Silly but it worked.

Well done hightail and thankyou for your good wishes and inspiring story.

We'll have to try that song. I can definitely do the tunelessly bit, don't know about Fred's singing skills though:D

Are we on the same wavelength here natalie? drop Fred the sec 36 offer then intimidate him with a personal visit which happens to include an outrageous breakdown of included costs, maybe contrived to make him think a little deeper about taking up their extraordinarily generous offer?

Well that was pretty much my train of thought and I dont have the extra insight into things that you do. They dont exactly have much subtlety do they.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Okay Patma I've had a good read through those documents and I've sent you a wishlist.

Basically very little indeed we didn't already know padded out with lots of superfluous letters which actually add nothing whatsoever to their case.:-|

Very pleased to see they have persisted in filing certain documents, struggle to see how that's a wise move but they probably had done this before the latest Court Order landed. I'll print the lot off, annotate them with my special Sharpie and then rescan them for you ready for Fred to take to the hearing.

There are two glaring omissions but I think you and I know the reason.:rolleyes:

We'll keep any legal points specifically relating to this bundle off thread from now on we wouldn't want to spoil the surprise on the 2nd Sep for anyone would we?

I know you've had a long day so don't think this is an urgent job but some time it would be interesting to know if the doc numbers and the number of pages indexed correspond or whether certain pages might have been withdrawn late on.

I can see what they're trying to do but there's a valid defence and if Fred can get the caution expunged then there's no case to answer based on the POC and the bundle.

Edited by Toulose LeDebt

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

Patma.

I think I'm on to something. Blindingly obvious potential casebuster.

Edited by Toulose LeDebt

Do I remember correctly that PCAD are on a no-win, no-fee contract?

So, if LD loses the case, they have to eat those costs themselves?

All bar the first eighty quid. :D:D

Mind you there's still time for it to get a whole lot more expensive for them yet. I understand the regular firm of solicitors PCAD employ are pretty good.

Mind you there's still time for it to get a whole lot more expensive for them yet. I understand the regular firm of solicitors PCAD employ are pretty good.

That sounds ominous for LD. Mind you, it is a dog-eat-dog world we live in. :)

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

That sounds ominous for LD. Mind you, it is a dog-eat-dog world we live in. :)

If what I've seen can be confirmed tomorrow then it's game over bar the counterclaim.

Have you seen the pm Patma?

Were not LD appointed by R&SA on a conditional fee arrangement rather than by PCAD themselves?

According to their web site, LD specialize in acting for insurance companies and incidently have a vacancy for a Paralegal at their Plymouth office!

Were not LD appointed by R&SA on a conditional fee arrangement rather than by PCAD themselves?

According to their web site, LD specialize in acting for insurance companies and incidently have a vacancy for a Paralegal at their Plymouth office!

Yes PCAD actually use a completely different firm when they sue people.

There is nothing I can say to the second part of your post because I'm thinking back to the jobcentre link and laughing too much......

I understand the regular firm of solicitors PCAD employ are pretty good.

So it isn't Lyons Davidson that Plymouth College of Art normally use. I'd be interested in learning, in the fullness of time, why they're handling this case then. I suspect that the answer to that could also answer another of the things that puzzles me: Why has this raised its ugly head again now after nearly four years of nothing.

Edited by bedlington83
SEO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks