Locked in car park

Patma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Some councils have a licensing policy which has to be complied with for electrical work in buildings etc that the public has access,no doubt the council chap enlightened you about this,and as I said previously some insurance companies insist on contractors who belong to outfits like ECA.Do you know who their insurers are Patma.

Wobbly

Living in the wild windy west of Ireland

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a good chat (off the record) with a gentleman at the Council who is in a position to know. Sorry I can't tell you much but there was some not inconsiderable element of surprise expressed that PCAD had invited US(UK)ltd to 'repair' or replace the barrier since US(UK) ltd were not and never have been listed as a company that Plymouth City Council or any related department would ever use for barrier repair or replacement work. They were not authorised by the Council for this type of work and had no registered expertise in this field. The Council do obviously have contractors they use specifically for barrier repair work and replacement but we can state categorically that US (UK) were not and never were prior to their untimely demise a contractor that Plymouth City Council deemed qualified to attempt barrier repairs or replacement.

This probably goes some way towards explaining why they were unable to flick a reset switch on the logic board, misdiagnosed not once but twice, found impossible faults and then opted for the idiotproof repair:- Total replacement. These barriers are simply secured by four bolts and plugged in, the sort of job that an infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of spanners could achieve in just a couple of hours........ Certainly much easier than having to understand how one works.

Other matters were discussed but out of respect to the gentleman I cannot divulge them here.

Hopefully he wont mind me telling you that he believes the entire case to be a crock peppered with anomalies and is shocked that PCAD have done this to Fred.

I'd just like to say what a positive step I believe this chat with the council gentleman was.

I think TLD deserves loads of credit for doing this and so does the unamed council gentleman, who I send my grateful thanks to.:)

To be honest after experiencing so much that's less than upfront and honest from the claimants in this case, it's very encouraging to find that someone in the council has taken the time to show an interest in what Fred has been suffering for 3 and a half years now.

It still baffles me how anyone, could think they could get away with such blatant fraud and it makes me wonder if there have been any other victims out there.

I know Fred would be more than happy to present his evidence to anyone at the council who would like to see it.

I can also add that the police have been very helpful today too, and will be in touch again early next week.

• Haha 1

A very welcome letter was received by Fred yesterday,from a high ranking member of the Police legal services department.

He writes to confirm the gist of a telephone message and just to give a taste of the contents I will quote a little.

"I write further to the telephone message I left for you recently. I rang as I promised I would. This letter it to confirm not only that, but also the fact that I am now putting your case to the top of my priorities."

He explains that certain information is coming in which should help him to make progress and he goes on to say that he is re-doubling his efforts to locate the original footage shown to the police and other items."

I already happen to know, having spoken to him since he wrote the letter that the search has proved successful. We should know a lot more early in the coming week.:D

I already happen to know, having spoken to him since he wrote the letter that the search has proved successful.

Good news. It's like the end of a marathon when the athletes enter the stadium for a lap or two of the track... nearly there :D

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Oh brilliant news!

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Good news. It's like the end of a marathon when the athletes enter the stadium for a lap or two of the track... nearly there

But make sure Fred remembers to duck at the finishing line, just in case the Judge has re-loaded the Starting Pistol with real bullets instead of blanks! :eek:

Provided Fred and Team are always ready for any and all unexpected dirty moves, he'll win this race.

Cheers,

BRW

fantastic news Pat

and Fred all the best

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Thanks everyone, Fred is cautiously confident and looking forward to developments in the coming week.

:DIt's a case of "Res ipse loquitur"......The facts speak for themselves.:D

Edited by Patma

:DIt's a case of "Res ipse loquitur"......The facts speak for themselves.:D

Hopefully the same doctrine was applied at Plymouth County Court on Friday afternoon too, and it's not like that Judge was er... particularly short of facts to do the speaking either.;)

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

Thats really good news Pat. Fingers crossed you get the news we want in the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully the same doctrine was applied at Plymouth County Court on Friday afternoon too

Sorry, but I seem to have missed something. What happened on Friday afternoon? I thought Fred wasn't in court until the 2nd of September

Thats really good news Pat. Fingers crossed you get the news we want in the next couple of weeks.

Sorry, but I seem to have missed something. What happened on Friday afternoon? I thought Fred wasn't in court until the 2nd of September

The latest applications we'd made to court and the complaint letters about the claimant's conduct sent to the court manager were in front of the judge. We're waiting for the results of that now.:)

great news Pat

you mean someone has looked @ the real thing

thats throws everything they had out the door :D

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

A quick snippet of news is that LD have made an offer to settle.

No chance of course, but interesting they should bother.

As if, indeed. And good on Fred for not giving any quarter.

More info to follow.
Waiting with baited breath, as always.

Let's see what further holes they can dig.

'A quick snippet of news is that LD have made an offer to settle.'

Ha ha

Me thinks that LD appreciate that they are now in the smelly stuff!

LD are acting for the Claimants and they want to settle, I bet they do!

Bit of a shame for LD and PCAD that time travel was never perfected! :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks