'Incapacity for Work' form (IB50)

tom08
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Since I'm on Incapacity Benefit, every year I'm required to fill in an Incapacity for Work Questionnaire. I recently received one, and I'm unsure about how to fill in a particular section.

The section asks about whether I'm being treated for anxiety or depression (page 16). I am currently seeing a psychotherapist about anxiety and depression, but I'm seeing him privately and don't really want them to contact him. (It says that they will contact him if I put his name down.) I'd rather they didn't contact him because I'm concerned that it might change the dynamic of the 'relationship' between me and this therapist—it's one thing if I'm seeing him to get help with a particular problem, but it's quite another if all of a sudden he has input on whether my Incapacity Benefit stops or continues.

Basically, I was thinking of stating on the form that I am seeing a therapist, but that I'm seeing him privately and therefore would rather they didn't contact him. However, at the end of the form it states that if I knowingly give information that is incorrect or incomplete then I may be liable to prosecution.

Would this qualify as 'incomplete', would you say?

Thanks,

Tom