Debt Managers Ltd / DM Ltd - refuse writing only - old Next account

pinkmoomin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Could someone with recent experience with this company please confirm from one of your letters the address to write to Debt Managers Ltd?

I've seen one on here at Jamaica Street, Edinburgh, but this is different to the one on their website.

Reason I ask is I received a voicemail message from them on Friday night and chose not to call them back (well, they didn't say who they were but left the phone number 0870 050 1045 and a reference number).

I've just had a message from an ex-work colleague who said "DM Ltd" had just called the office for me and left same number - also said I'd know what it was about. I haven't worked there for months and certainly don't want them to keep phoning there and of course, have absolutely no idea what it's about.

I do not want to call them myself so figured the best thing to do would be to write ASAP and tell them not to call that number again, and for details of the account and all future correspondence in writing - but obviously I want to make sure it goes to the right place!

Having read threads here I feel it may be related to an old Next account I had several years and several addresses ago (possibly why I have received no postal correspondence yet?), but I'll let them tell me that...

Thanks

Hi, the address is the Jamaica St. Thats where I sent all my paperwork for a CCA req. The call centre is based in Rotherham but the paperwork is dealt with by Edinburgh. Never speak to DM on phone. The first question they ask is "are you paying the balance in full on your card?". Send them a CCA req and £1 postal order to Jamaica St and stress that all future corress in writing. This will bide you some time - lets see if they can produce one.....

Debt Managers (Barclaycard) £7150 - CCA sent - poor photcopy of app form - they rtnd acct to BC. Then Robinson Way come on scene - sent packing straight away. Will they try a third attempt????? :) Yes they did, roll on Westcot, told them were to stuff it. Not heard anything since but Lowell Financial have been searching my credit file. Round 4, ding a ling ling!!:D Now Crapquest on the scene - bought the debt and want the balance... don't think so 8)

Equidebt (Co-Operative Visa) £6800 - CCA sent in June - no response still!! Was Ex-Northern Rock card so probably lost. Equidebt have now agreed to write off and remove credit ref listing completely!!! :lol:

Robinson Way (Abbey) - debt sold to RW £1840 - await letter from them....cant CCA as bank account.... agreed to settle for £368 :-D

Hi,

Looking back in my files I have come across the original chaser letter from DM:

Debt Managers Ltd

PO Box 168

4 Jamaica St

Edinburgh EH3 6UP

Tel 0870 050 1046

So yep its the right bunch of cowboys. ;)

• Haha 1

Debt Managers (Barclaycard) £7150 - CCA sent - poor photcopy of app form - they rtnd acct to BC. Then Robinson Way come on scene - sent packing straight away. Will they try a third attempt????? :) Yes they did, roll on Westcot, told them were to stuff it. Not heard anything since but Lowell Financial have been searching my credit file. Round 4, ding a ling ling!!:D Now Crapquest on the scene - bought the debt and want the balance... don't think so 8)

Equidebt (Co-Operative Visa) £6800 - CCA sent in June - no response still!! Was Ex-Northern Rock card so probably lost. Equidebt have now agreed to write off and remove credit ref listing completely!!! :lol:

Robinson Way (Abbey) - debt sold to RW £1840 - await letter from them....cant CCA as bank account.... agreed to settle for £368 :-D

• 2 years later...

Ignore them.

How old is this? 1.5 years?

If your confident that you left having cancelled all your DD's and your account was square then it is highly likely that all these vermin are after is the unlawful charges they added to your account.

There is nothing urgent or important about this, it is only money, not life or death.

I'd tell them to take a running jump personally, if they cannot be bothered to inform you exactly what it is they are after, then good night!

Don't give them any details, if you wish to play email ping pong, just tell them that you will wait for solid evidence and proof that you owe anything before you will enter into any dialogue with them.

And they are going to find that extremely difficult to do if you don't give them any details!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You are wasting your time effort and good manners if you want to treat this in a professional way, seriously, there is nothing they can do, and you acknowledging the debt will reset the limitation period, so don't do that!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks

I have asked them to provide full details from the bank in question.

A letter of written authroisation etcc....

Also, having read some posts regarding this company, are they a part of Parkgate UK limited.

Because I read an article mentioning that their license has been revoked as of June 2011.

If this is the case, then I will approach them and bring it to their attention that they should not be bullying people into paying debts that have come from nowehere.

I admit that my credit is not the best, and in the past have found myself in extreme financial difficulty, and at times have run away from debts. However, I am fully prepared to co-operate if they have a strong case against me.

I am sure that many people on this forum have come up against situations like this.

The state of the UK does not offer advantagious living conditions for anyone.

Even if you a middle manager, earing upwards of 30,000 per year, the cost of living means that every Tom, Dick and Harry find it hard to live within their means. It is very upsetting to see the UK like this, being such a strong country with proud people, to have a country which is regarding as being one of the respecting "1st world" countries in the world, to have companies pressure, threaten and take away possessions and income away from its own people, its upsetting.

How did we get like this, how can companies expect the people to pay their higher prices, with no justification as to why their prices are high, but we pay them what we can, and the rest of our money is left to barely scrape food, water and essentials for daily life and to survive. The money which we physically can not pay, or do not have is then redemmed through door step callers and Debt agencies who have no problem in taking away large sums of money with no remorse as to what consequences that leaves their victims.

The large companies are not the victims, the people are. It is not that we are avoiding paying, it is the fact that if we do pay, we have no money for food, or rent or basic daily essentials.

I lived in my car for three weeks because I had no money for rent, and I was earning 22,000. And to see in the news that big companies such as Talk Talk are being fined because of over charging customers, in which it has taken them almost 3 years to refund, but they have no problem in essentially grabbing the money what is owed to them.

WHY does it take 3 years to refund public money, when they feel it appropriate to send people round to people's houses to snatch the money of the people which probably wasnt theirs to begggin with. It is shocking, and of course, in true British Fashion, no one is doing anything about it. F

• 7 months later...

I have this address for Debt Managers Ltd

PO BOX 168.

19 HERIOT ROW,

EDINBURGH

EH3 6JR

PHONE : 0843 2168300

Just has a default notice from them, they want me to call them to make a payment of £5

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Thanks

I have asked them to provide full details from the bank in question.

A letter of written authorisation etcc....

Also, having read some posts regarding this company, are they a part of Parkgate UK limited.

Because I read an article mentioning that their license has been revoked as of June 2011.

If this is the case, then I will approach them and bring it to their attention that they should not be bullying people into paying debts that have come from nowehere.

I admit that my credit is not the best, and in the past have found myself in extreme financial difficulty, and at times have run away from debts. However, I am fully prepared to co-operate if they have a strong case against me.

I am sure that many people on this forum have come up against situations like this. The state of the UK does not offer advantageous living conditions for anyone. Even if you a middle manager, earing upwards of 30,000 per year, the cost of living means that every Tom, Dick and Harry find it hard to live within their means. It is very upsetting to see the UK like this, being such a strong country with proud people, to have a country which is regarding as being one of the respecting "1st world" countries in the world, to have companies pressure, threaten and take away possessions and income away from its own people, its upsetting.

How did we get like this, how can companies expect the people to pay their higher prices, with no justification as to why their prices are high, but we pay them what we can, and the rest of our money is left to barely scrape food, water and essentials for daily life and to survive. The money which we physically can not pay, or do not have is then redeamed through door step callers and Debt agencies who have no problem in taking away large sums of money with no remorse as to what consequences that leaves their victims.

The large companies are not the victims, the people are. It is not that we are avoiding paying, it is the fact that if we do pay, we have no money for food, or rent or basic daily essentials. I lived in my car for three weeks because I had no money for rent, and I was earning 22,000. And to see in the news that big companies such as Talk Talk are being fined because of over charging customers, in which it has taken them almost 3 years to refund, but they have no problem in essentially grabbing the money what is owed to them.

WHY does it take 3 years to refund public money, when they feel it appropriate to send people round to people's houses to snatch the money of the people which probably wasnt theirs to begin with. It is shocking, and of course, in true British Fashion, no one is doing anything about it. F

The above may have been a good read but I will never know as like many people I will skip

what you have typed due to the eyestrain the no paragraphs causes :razz:

• dx100uk changed the title to Debt Managers Ltd / DM Ltd - refuse writing only - old Next account