Help Please -HFC (HSBC) v Happy Shopper N150 - Allocation Q

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all,

Questionnaire received from Restons on 14th November – after I got back from work and had posted my own to the court (without forwarding Restons/HFC a copy)

Section A Restons/HFC have ticked neither yes or no but have put under Reasons that: previous invitations by/on behalf of the Claimant to settle have been ignored.

Section D – they have typed the words THE FULL AMOUNT against what amount of the claim is in dispute.

They have estimated trial will take 1 day

Section F they have not ticked either the Yes or No boxes.

Section G costs they are estimating £750 costs to date with overall costs of £5,000!!!!

Section I Other Information – they have not ticked either the Yes or No boxes or indicated if they have sent documents etc.

In the Other Information box they have asked the Court to kindly consult the letter from the Claimant’s Solicitor dated 12th November 2008 – I have not seen a copy of the letter or its contents to my knowledge.

They request that:

1 Allocation of the Claim be postponed;

2 The Defence be struck out;

3 The Defendant do file and serve by 4.00pm on Friday 12 December 2008 a concise Defence document complying with the Civil Procedure Rules and with a statement of truth attached;

4 The parties do, if so requested file Allocation Questionnaires, by 4.00 pm on Friday 31 December 2008 – further fees to be dispensed with.

It is signed off by Restons Solicitors, Solicitors for the Claimant.

Do I need to do anything further at this point?

Thanks for all your help, you have been great. :)

I think they are taking the P... with that, and im sure the court will think so too, wait for x20 to come back (i know hes been helping you with this) i expect he will have a laugh:D

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

I think they are taking the P... with that, and im sure the court will think so too, wait for x20 to come back (i know hes been helping you with this) i expect he will have a laugh:D

cheers ccm, Yes x20 has been a great help as has everyone for info. and moral support :-)

I'm going to have sketchy access to internet over next 2 to 3 weeks but will try and get on for next couple of nights incase I need to do anything or to let you know if I hear anything further.

x20 any thoughts on Restons AQ?

Thanks again

Happy Shopper

• 1 month later...

An update to my situation with HFC/Restons taking me to court for a HSBC credit card. I have been asked to attend a Directions Hearing on 22nd January 2009 and 30 minutes has been allowed for the hearing. Sorry I haven't had good internet access recently and a lot has been going on at home with everything pretty quiet on the HFC/HSBC/Restons front so nothing to report until now...

I'm having a look around the site but as usual am getting a bit confused.

Do I need to take information/paperwork to the directions hearing? I have copies of letters sent etc.

Does anyone have a link to what may happen in a directions hearing (not for bank charges) for a credit card to help with what to expect?

I have not yet been sent a breakdown of what makes up the charges they are applying to the account which I am continuing to pay a reduced sum on through cccs.

Thanks as always, appreciate the help and advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update - have been trying to gather info on directions hearing etc. in between working long hours/generally being stressed out. Anyway, found out today directions hearing has been postponed - phew! Now going to be in March which will hopefully give me more time to gather info. in preparation - apparently letter was posted by court last week - not received it as yet :( but glad I phoned to check. And very glad not to be going tomorrow, even though I know there's nothing to fear as long as I get all my info. together.

Am going to read up and get info. together then post next week if I get really stuck?

Thanks again - looking forward to a good nights sleep for a change, managed to get myself stressed about this. Have got a good few books from my local library so should be able to feel a bit more clued up :-)