i'm finally getting my head out of the sand but need advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

thanks for reading this,over the past 5 years i have got more and more into debt,for over 16 months i haven't paid a credit card bill and have just buried my head in the sand,i need to sort this out my debts appox are £72,000 mortgage,£45,000 secured loan (property value now down to abut £90 to £100k),10k bc,9k mbma ,2.5k cap1,2.5k lloyds card,4k abbey loan, 5.5k abbey o/draft,4.5k bhorse car loan,1.8 bkhorse scs loan,1k storecard....wife has 5k bc and 5k mbma cc.... i was going to go the iva route but just when i was near to sorting it up pops tax credit saying i owe them 12k from 2003 to 2004 when my wife and i had seperated we had made a joint claim before and then separated in april and cause we didn't inform them they are claiming the entire award back and not talking into account that she was entitles to 9k of it...i couldn't start the iva as they wanted approx £350 per month and i'm struggling to make my mortgage(1 month arrears) and secured loan payments(1k arrears) as it is..would i be better of going bankrupt and would i lose my house??also bcard have put a third charge on the hse from my 10k debt

i still have 3 children at home so am very worried cheers for reading this.....karl

Edited by bigboykarl
missed a bit out

Hi BIGBOYKARL WELCOME to CAG, You have come to the right place,there are lots of people on this site that will point you in the right direction.

This will bump you back to the top of the list,Help will come along soon.

Cheers B4E:-)

NEVER TALK TO A ---D.C.A ON THE TELE[PHONE

GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING

IF YOUR NEW **PLEASE READ**

DUMMIES GUIDE TO THE FORUMS

CAN`T FIND WHAT YOU WANT?-FULL- A-Z INDEX

TEMPLATES

PLEASE DONATE TO CAG ,EVERY LITTLE HELPS

--------------------------------

Any Advice given by me is based on solely on my experiance or opnion. I have no Legal background.

If i have helped in any way please feel free to click my scales

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{

Thank You blue4ever:grin:

Hi WELCOME to CAG, You have come to the right place,there are lots of people on this site that will point you in the right direction.

Read the links below,this will help you navigate the forum and help you how to start your own Threads.

Cheers B4E:)

NEVER TALK TO A ---D.C.A ON THE TELE[PHONE

GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING

IF YOUR NEW **PLEASE READ**

DUMMIES GUIDE TO THE FORUMS

CAN`T FIND WHAT YOU WANT?-FULL- A-Z INDEX

TEMPLATES

PLEASE DONATE TO CAG ,EVERY LITTLE HELPS

--------------------------------

Any Advice given by me is based on solely on my experiance or opnion. I have no Legal background.

If i have helped in any way please feel free to click my scales

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{

Thank You blue4ever:grin:

Hi Karl....in the first instance I would call the National Debtline, they are free and impartial.....

National Debtline, for FREE CONFIDENTIAL and INDEPENDENT ADVICE call 0808 808 4000

Also do have a good read around the forums too, you will see some useful information...

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html