• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

TheCobbettSlayer v NatWest ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Like I said, I was just pondering. I am tiring of playing silly buggers with them and I was just thinking out loud about my options.

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is your duty as an upstanding citizen of this fine isle to write to the court to point out abuses of the judiciary system, so that the taxpayer's money is not further squandered by arrogant and overpaid lawyers who seem to think they can by-pass the procedures of the system that ultimately pays them.

So there.

Here, here:)

A change of tune here Paul.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/42507-cprs-time-delays.html

The courts are ultra conservative and always will be. You file for a judgement; they file for a set aside. You obtain a judgement and file for a warrant of execution; they file for a stay of execution.

You have to play the long game, civil law is very civilised and breaching an order like this will not mean a great deal, Cobbetts know this which is why they do it with impunity.

Exercise patience, do not get emotionally involved and keep playing the game. Nat West have the money, they can afford this, but they can also afford to tie you up in court until you get bored if they so wish - and if it did not go their way and it looked like they might lose, they'd pay up and not feel a thing.

Ah, the voice of reason....spoil sport!!!!:D:D

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

I'm just pondering a thought.

Cobbetts haven't filed Standard Disclosure, in spite of telling the judge in court that they would do so by 19th January.

Should I write to the Court manager and ask that the file be placed back before the Judge for review as they are now in breach of the order. That way it will be of the courts own motion if they strike out the defence and I'm not actually making an application, I'm just bringing the breach to the attention of the court.

I would write to the Court manager. I may even call beforehand and ask how the judge is likely to react to this failure to comply with their undertaking.

While I take the point about stays and set-asides, I think it's becoming increasingly difficult for the banks these days to use that particular weapon - the Courts are increasingly aware of the way they have manipulated the process in the past.

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

I have received Natwests Standard Disclosure, dated yesterday so only 14 days late and basically it tells me nothing.

The disclosure states simply

1. Pleadings common to both parties

2. Correspondence and documents common to both parties

3. Claimant's bank account statements for loan account ********

They have also informed me that they are unable to locate the loan agreement on which both the claim and the defence will be based.

Not wishing to apply pressure, they state that the last offer will expire by close of business on 6th February (order for actual costs is 10th February) and no further offers will be made.

Does anyone have any thoughts to offer on the disclosure, or lack of it?

I've also got a court date - 20th March. I've had to make an application to vary the date as I'll be in Egypt!

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Hi Paul

As a novice you know I am no help to you, but a thought just crossed my mind. I used to work for a Financial Institution ( very low down the pecking order) but we had to micro-film every loan application and these were stored on huge film rolls for ever and ever in case they were needed for issues such as yours amongst others. Is this another delay tactic do you think?

Hi Paul

As a novice you know I am no help to you,

Don't put yourself down Tony - that actually does help as it confirms something that I was thinking.

They have said that the onus is on me to plead my case, which is true. That said, without the agreement, they cannot defend my claim as they too have no evidence regarding the nature of the agreement. They must be able to get a copy of the agreement, it was only August 2005.

With regards to a delaying tactic, it's pressure as they have to reply to my Part 18 request within the week.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Your entry on 03/-2/2007 is exactly the same as what has happened to me, Natwets cannot trace my loan agreement and the same with statements. I am writing to the court today to complain about their lack of disclosure and also the lack of respect they have paid to CPR 18. They also inform me that they cannot supply copies of loan agreements prior to the consolidated loan as the account is now closed.

Thanks for that Nuala

I've been trawling the CCA 1974 (which was amended in 2006 but was current at the time my loan was taken out). I'll have a look at that.

Paul

paul, i do sometimes pick up threads late but i can confirm we would not have microfiche on loan agreements, but if the loan is current then it would still exist.

Nattie - are you saying that Natwest saying they cannot trace the agreement for a loan that is still current is simply not true?

Guest ian cognito

I wondered about this when you first posted it - what benefit is there to them in not producing it - unless it says consolidation loan on it? Have you got a copy?

Nuala - can you give me a link to the post you are referring to please (copy the url and paste it into the reply box)

I wondered about this when you first posted it - what benefit is there to them in not producing it - unless it says consolidation loan on it? Have you got a copy?

I don't have a copy, it must have gone astray somewhere in a house move as I'm normally meticulous about keeping records (I had 4 years of bank statements neatly filed when I started this claim).

The previous loan states "Refinance of bank borrowing". I suspect the missing agreement says the same.

Paul, yes I am and i guess I should have asked this earlier, where did you sign the loan?

Sign the loan? What loan? Neither party has the agreement:wink:

the other loan that went missing which i think is the issue, or have I totally missed the point. If it was a consol loan, was it signed via the branch or the loan centre.

It was done by post so I signed it at home. The loan was proposed by the Birmingham (I think) lending centre when we reached the stage at which both salaries were only covering the authorised O/D and the charges on top were getting us deeper in it.

the other loan that went missing which i think is the issue, or have I totally missed the point. If it was a consol loan, was it signed via the branch or the loan centre.

Sorry Nattie - being a bit faecescious tonight. There was a loan in 2004 which mainly took in Mrs Slayers charges before the account became joint. I have a copy of that agreement. It's the loan from Aug 2005 they claim they can't find but it was definitely signed at home.

I think a PM is in order on this one as I am not sure i can give info on the thread except, the basic principle of amount of loan and what it was for should be available on the NW computer system, except it would not have the original form or signature on it.

Paul is of any help.

Consumer Credit Act 1974 s78 (1) Demand

1. I require you to supply me with a true copy of the credit agreement under which this account is conducted. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.78 (1) for running – account credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 cheque (xxxxxx) in payment of the statutory fee.

3. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, under S189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Furthermore you are reminded that under s78 sub section (6) whilst the default continues you are not entitled to enforce the agreement in law

Thanks B&B

I can certainly use the stautes quoted in the letter.

It confirms my thought that they just cannot fail to produce a copy of the agreement as they are required under the CCA to keep one