Scotcall just knocked door fo book debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just had a debt company Scotcall knock my door for a book club debt...

i'm in shock as the book club never let me know they sold it on...

i told her i have not had half the books they have me down for and they have put late fee charges on. she said the book club wont deal with me now and scotcall own it. i even said the price has gone up.

she is going to tell office what i've said and she said they might let me pay £5.00 a week cause i'm on benefits.

I would and £5 a week is a lot from your benefits for a non priority debt where you have neither received the goods that you are being expected to pay for, they have added collection charges which there is no legal basis for them doing and you have received no notification that Scotcall have any rights to collect.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I would and £5 a week is a lot from your benefits for a non priority debt where you have neither received the goods that you are being expected to pay for, they have added collection charges which there is no legal basis for them doing and you have received no notification that Scotcall have any rights to collect.

hi, rory. how's you? hope your good...:)

gona find a letter to send to company to leave me alone..

Jesus Christ, the antics of these idiots is beyond belief. Harassing people in their own homes!

To be honest I am amazed they have the guts to try. Sooner or later they will come up against someone who seriously does NOT want to be disturbed, and will let them know that in no uncertain terms.

I am not advocating violent conduct against these (edit), purely because it would get the law on their side. I am merely pointing out that by the law of averages it must happen sooner or later.

From my point of view, they must be given as much hell as humanly possible, without anything being done which would transgress the law and play into their hands.

I invite ideas.

Never, ever, EVER entertain any kind of conversation with these (edit), other than to tell them to go forth and multiply in classic Anglo Saxon terminology. And that if they don't, the police will be summoned.

Some people have notices on their door. "Crime At The Door" notices. Is it not a good idea to have this kind of notice, which informs unwanted callers that they will be reported to the relevant authorities should they disturb the occupier?

Any relevant law would be welcome, as these kinds of pests are becoming all too prevalent.

SH

Hi all this is a copy of a copy etc for don't come to my door.

I would send them a copy and then keep a copy by the door and if they call again stick it in there face and tell them to **** off.

Dear Sirs,

Please be advised that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. OFT rules and regulations clearly state that you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you. There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives, to visit me at my property and if you persist in sending “doorstep callers” to my home, you will be reported for harassment and be liable for damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be liable for conspiring in a tort of trespass by acting in defiance of my instructions and sending someone to visit me nevertheless.

Should it be necessary, I will obtain an injunction.

Yours sincerely,

all the best dpick

Let you pay £5.00 because you're on benefits, what a disgusting creature!

I'd have a bucket of really cold water ready for her if she comes back; I'd say 'I fear a breach of the peace is about to take place; please leave... still here?'

3 2 1 THROW!!

Then call the police.

Edited by zazen.warrior

Let you pay £5.00 because you're on benefits, what a disgusting creature!

I'd have a bucket of really cold water ready for her if she comes back; I'd say 'I fear a breach of the peace is about to take place; please leave... still here?'

3 2 1 THROW!!

Then call the police.

good call, police is a must

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

They might let you pay £5? wow so generous, it's almost like they're doing you a favour.

I've had previos experience of one of these mail book clubs, sent me no less than FIVE copies of the editors choice in the same parcel, a crappy paperback on the merits of British Pond bacteria (funny i didn't see Lowells or Cabot in there), or some such scintilating offering. no surprise when they got told where to go. The standard agreement they have is little more than a tick box filled questionnaire.

Don't be scared of these people, they're like stupid little terrier puppies that bark a lot but really have no bite at all. shrug them off and refuse to entertain the thought that they can actually do anything to you.

You were sold rubbish, or charged for goods you have never received and they're now trying to make you pay for it. at the very least it's nothing more than shocking customer service

Contact consumer direct/trading standards and make a complaint against the book club.