Head honcho at MBNA is

EricTheRed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, can anyone tell me where i can find data protection letter on this site please.

That depends on what you are after angmarie,

the bank charges one is here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-

or there is one for PPI here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/118145-sar-ppi.html

Or, if you are after something different, the above two can be modified.

Thanks,

H

Thanks i will look at those, i am trying to get charges and interest refunded but so fat they are ignoring my letter and continue to call me which i have asked them to only contact in writing. Also i once made a call to them from my brothers they recently called him and asked for me i called them back and was real firm bout where they got that number from they admitted they had saved it from the call i made from his house. Have they broke any data protection doing that?

Dear Angmarie

Having just been locked in a battle with MBNA for the past six months regarding one of my clients I can honestly say there is one sure fire way of bringing MBNA to task and that is to file a formal complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service. As long as you have documented proof of intimidation, bullying and harassment from MBNA then you've won already. By them continuing to send demands for payments, threatening you with court action or debt collectors etc, not to mention the sneaky underhanded telephone calls, then you have them by their proverbials. You have to be prepared to go the whole hog because they are relentless in their quest to get money out of you whether it's the lawful amount or not. Do you have any friends that can set up some kinf of recording device so that you can record calls you get from them? You absolutely MUST keep all records of letters they send you or you send them. If you haven't got a fax machine find a shop or office near where to live who do but each time you send a fax get the transmission report which shows date, telephone number and all other information as proof of your contact with them. You could try to see if you can appeal to their human side although I've not come across it in six months myself. You could try a last ditch attempt before contacting the FOS by writing to:-

Gavin Theobald

MBNA

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9FD

and see if you get any joy from him. Failing that send your full complaint to the FOS they are brilliant and it will ease the stress and worry that MBNA seem to enjoy inflicting on people.

Of course, you and all you other poor people out there that have been and still are being fleeced by MBNA could always club together and issue a major law suit against them? It's worth a thought.

Regards

SENIOR CONSULTANT

Thank you for your response but i dont feel i will get any where except a default and dca on my back. They are not budging, the reply to my subject request for 18 months statements and cca was a letter recieved yesterday which basically says get stuffed. I cant post whole letter on here but they say

1) They can only provide statements at a cost of £4.00 per statement.

2) To contact them if i accept the charges for above.

3) They will consider reduced payment plan but will record it with CRA, but

only on receipt of full details of all our creditors and they will sort out

payments with them as well.

4) The request for CCA is barely acknowledged but it is my responsibility

to keep safe such paperwork.

Dont know what to do, shall i ring or write tomorrow to say im entitled to the paperwork at a cost of £10. Where does it actually say £10 is the required cost ive read something but cant remember where.

Sorry to waffle on but im so worried they just going to damage my credit file anyway.

Angmarie

Dear Angmarie

Forget what you've heard or been told my dear. As I told you in my last message I have been locked in a six month battle with MBNA and I've just finally won the day with the help of the Financial Ombudsman Service.

When you file a claim with the FOS for obvious reasons you send the complaint form by recorded delivery. Wait until you get a confirmation letter from them which will contain a reference number. Then, you send a copy of that letter with an accompanying letter to MBNA AGAIN BY RECORDED DELIVERY, informing them that you have filed a complaint with the FOS who are now dealing with your complaint. Once you have done this, MBNA have to 'hold' all/any further action until your complaint has been dealt with by the Ombudsman. If they fail to do this you contact the FOS and inform them that MBNA will not cease sending you demands for payments etc. The FOS will then contact MBNA and tell them to back-off. With regard to your credit rating? Providing you can show there IS a dispute with MBNA and that you've filed a complaint with the FOS against them then your credit rating will be safe BUT, you absolutely MUST keep copies OF EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING AND SEND ALL/ANY DOCUMENTS BY RECORDED DELIVERY every time. My client was threatened with debt recovery, debt collectors, charging orders on her house and even garnishing her wages but every time a letter was received from MBNA I promptly sent it to the FOS who contacted MBNA until in the end they rolled over and had no choice but to remove all their charges and interest and also pay compensation. I know you're worried - who wouldn't be, but you simply must stand your ground. Getting your name removed from the default register even if it is put there by MBNA will be much easier if you have all documentation showing proof that you and the FOS have been battling to get your complaint sorted out. MBNA bank on people like you giving in and paying whatever they say you owe. They threaten to ruin your credit which obviously frightens the living daylights out of people who then pay MBNA what they want. It's tantamount to extortion, blackmail, intimidation and harrasment and believe me Courts do not take kindly to that kind of thing going on. If everybody experiencing problems with MBNA were to file their complaints with the FOS, taking into account that you must allow MBNA 'eight weeks' first to deal with your complaint, then trust me after receiving so many complaints from consumers they would then have no alternative but to bring it to the attention of the CEO and other top officials at MBNA in order to stamp out their unlawful business practises.

I hope this clarifies your position more clearly for you.

Kind regards

SENIOR CONSULTANT

Dear Angmarie

Just one more thing my dear. Dependent on how much you owe MBNA will influence any repayment plan they have/are offering. With regard to your statements? Yes, it IS your responsibility to keep them. However, it depends on how you made your payments. If they were paid by direct debit then contact your bank and get copies of statements from them and then you won't need the statements from MBNA. If you want help in wording the letter of complaint to MBNA please let me know and I'll post it for you here. Finally, did you know that once you've filed a complaint with a governing body such as the Financial Ombudsman Service that if debt collectors visit your premises all you need do is show them the letter from the Ombudsman and they cannot touch a thing or demand any money from you. Not many people know this. The LAW is there to protect you - remember that.

SENIOR CONSULTANT

Dear Angmarie

Of course, you and all you other poor people out there that have been and still are being fleeced by MBNA could always club together and issue a major law suit against them? It's worth a thought.

Regards

SENIOR CONSULTANT

I think this is something we should seriously consider. MBNA appear to be the worst element in a bad industry and only legal action against these people will have any lasting effect.

They don't seem to care one little bit that they break the law and guidelines, they hold it all and us in utter contempt. The board should be facing fines and possibly even prison given their activities, but it isn't going to happen until we the harmed consumers do something.

I for one am referring my issues with them to the FOS after sending a final letter to MBNA as a complaint and waiting for them to fob me off. There appear to be a few people on the forum already taking them to court and looking for witness statements to back them up.

Perhaps now is the time to start a full on lawsuit against these crooks. Anyone know how to get it properly started?

FBR

I wonder if MBNA are the new Enron :roll:

Dear FBR

Sorry about that I was getting so excited I hit the wrong key. So, to continue

1. post a note asking everyone involved in a battle with MBNA if they

are interested in taking MBNA to the cleaners via a court case.

2. you need at least 50-75 - or more would be much, much better.

3. each person needs to know EXACTLY how much they owe MBNA

and I don't mean what MBNA tells them they owe.

4. once you have each figure from each person you then add it all up.

This final figure will be the amount that you would be suing MBNA for.

5. you then find a court on neutral ground but convenient enough for

EVERYONE. You could of course, take your case to the High Courts in

The Strand, central London.

6. contact the court and ask them how much it will cost to issue

proceedings against MBNA giving them the figure from No.4 above.

7. once you get the amount, then dependent on how many people are

involved you divide the fee required between those people and that's

the amount each person will have to pay to make up the amount

required by the court.

8. you MUST put together a 'CLAIM' and by that I mean that every

person must submit a file of papers pertaining to the actual complaint

they have with MBNA. Once that's done then you are ready to

commence proceedings

It sounds like a lot of work and it most certainly is BUT if you think you can't be bothered with all that then you'll have to either pay MBNA what they're asking for, have your name placed on the Default Register, be bullied by Debt Colectors, receive a Charging Order on your property or have your chattels seized by brutal and ruthless Bailiffs who will be happy to leave you with absolutely nothing. It's your choice. Personally, I would take MBNA to court and wipe the bloody floor with them.

If you need any further assistance or help, please let me know.

SENIOR CONSULTANT

your

Hi Senior Consultant

Sounds like a damn fine plan to me. Perhaps we should get the site team involved in getting something prominent placed on the site to attract interested parties (although the wrong element could also get wind of it that way).

I say that because we somehow need to be a little more coordinated than random postings in random threads, although a few threads are very active to the point where most MBNA victims would find the invites.

I'm up for this anyway. I'll have a word with someone who is already starting their own case.

Cheers

FBR

I wonder if MBNA are the new Enron :roll:

• 3 weeks later...
Dear Angmarie

Just one more thing my dear. Dependent on how much you owe MBNA will influence any repayment plan they have/are offering. With regard to your statements? Yes, it IS your responsibility to keep them. However, it depends on how you made your payments. If they were paid by direct debit then contact your bank and get copies of statements from them and then you won't need the statements from MBNA. If you want help in wording the letter of complaint to MBNA please let me know and I'll post it for you here. Finally, did you know that once you've filed a complaint with a governing body such as the Financial Ombudsman Service that if debt collectors visit your premises all you need do is show them the letter from the Ombudsman and they cannot touch a thing or demand any money from you. Not many people know this. The LAW is there to protect you - remember that.

SENIOR CONSULTANT

hi

can you post up your/the of complaint about mbna , thanks

also , any idea who the current ceo of mbna is ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

hiya just had a letter with the thread that we are homeowners and thus a charging order may be one of their options to consider,

i thought a ccj had to be defaulted first before the charging order kicks in,,,so again is it all may do this may do that,,,etc

maybe fos is the route now, im now back on course having had some probs last few months so back to being active again

keep positive all laters angel x:-)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Dear angel x

A CCJ most definitely has to be obtained by the said company BEFORE they can place any charging order on your property. This kind of tact is usually employed to scare the pants off people so don't be swayed.

I cannot recommend the Financial Ombudsmand Services enough. They are fantastic. Contact them now online and download their complaint form, print it off and send - that's it. A short while later you'll receive an acknowledment of receipt and then your complaint will be allocated to a caseworker who in turn, will then pass it to an adjudicator and that's when the fun starts. You may well receive demand after demand but once the FOS are involved the company in question is soon brought to heel.

Good luck.

SENIOR CONSULTANT

Hi Senior Consultant,

It is comforting to hear that the FOS do carry some clout in this kind of situation.

I have a card with MBNA which I have only made token payments on for 6 months. I have provided a statement of affairs and have been consistent with my payments, but I got a call on my work number (surely this is illegal as I didn't disclose it?) saying "pay up or else".

The curious thing is that the deadline happens to be 2pm today, 31st July - could this have anything to do with the end of the month and account managers figures? I have been given some options verbally but they won;t confirm them in writing (even by email).

My thinking is to email the lady in question to offer my usual token payment and meanwhile ask for proof of the credit agreement (using one of the template letters on the site).

Is this the best course of action or is there a better way?

Regards, dpac123

Dear dpac123

I am very sorry that you are experiencing problems with MBNA.

As I explained previously, I have just been locked in a battle with MBNA for the past seven months on behalf of a client and they tried everything to put the onus on my client. Having sent them a copy of my clients expenditure details FIVE TIMES which they denied, I then sent it by fax THREE TIMES which they again denied. They even had the audacity to state that the fax numbers I had did not exist within MBNA. So, I contacted BT who confirmed that the telephone numbers WERE indeed MBNA's then I photographed the fax transmission details with my camera straight from the fax itself. I then sent all this information to the FOS who forwarded it to MBNA who had no choice but to give in. They ended up having to refund nearly £1,200 in interest and charges plus they also paid my client compensation. A short while ago I posted up details where I recommended to everyone who had a dispute with MBNA to 'club together' and issue a law suit against them. I understand this is now being done. Please do not let them get away with their bullying tactics. You say they phoned you at work? That is tantamount to intimidation and harassment which IS against the law and unless to bring it to the attention of people like the Financial Ombudsman Service or indeed someone within the government itself organisations like MBNA will continue to frighten people into paying them huge amounts of money they don't even owe. Please contact the FOS or go online and download their complaint form. Send it to them with as much information as possible and I promise you they will bring MBNA to task as they did in my clients case.

I wish to you all the best and I hope you nail MBNA against the wall because that's exactly what they deserve.

Kind regards

SENIOR CONSULTANT

This is to whomever made the unfounded comments regarding the FOS.

I can assure you categorically that the Financial Ombudsman Service is there to help people with regard to problems relating to financial institutions and their financial commitments with them. Your comments of, "for the best part, don't bother" is disgraceful. In the eighteen years my firm has been trading I have always used the FOS for back-up while in the process of getting a clients financial affairs sorted out. The reason they take time to answer and deal with consumers problems is purely because they are inundated with thousands of complaints on a daily basis from people who are having difficulty in communicating with their creditors. Once a case worker is assigned and then an Adjudicator it's plain sailing all the way. I know for a fact that staff within the FOS work until 11pm nearly every night in their quest to help people with their complaints. Can you say the same????????? I think not. You are probably sat in front of your TV with a can in one hand and a cigarette in the other watching either football or your favourite movie.

Hi all

I'm in an on going battle on behalf of my wife. One thing I would say to everybody is when you get a statement check your interset payment, i would lay money on the fact that they are pulling a fast one. I will update when I have received a reply to my current complaint.

Mike

• 1 month later...

OK, so I took the plunge and got the list of Directors from Companies House last night and here are the names of the Directors:

• Dennis Arnum, Chief Operations Officer - International +

• Jonathan Paul Moulds, Bank Officer, Chief Executive of Bank of America, Merrill Lynch and Banc of America Securities +

• John Sullivan O'Doherty, Company Director, Chief Executive*

• Annette Marie Barnes, Business and Transformation Executive *

• Michelle Sylvia Greene (or Walsh), Company Director, Systems and Controls *

• Robert William Lamantia, Executive Card Services Fianance *

• Miguel Angel Sisternas Martin, Regional Executive *

• Lynn Walter Stetson, Senior Risk Executive *

Other Contacts:

• Alyson Elizabeth Mulholland, Company Secretary *

• Caroline June Haynes, Compliance Oversight

• Arthur Nevelle Williams Hughes, Money Laundering Report

* Address For Documnents - Stansfield House, Chester Business Park, Chester, CH4 9FB

+Address for Documents - 5 Canada Square, London, E14 5AQ

Hope this all helps,

H

Hi

Sorry to hi-jack this thread but i am useless at getting round the forum, any in the daily express today ,in your money, MBNA have been done over for £8-000 for not supplying a copy of the CCA and misselling a PPI read at

Daily Express | Money | Breaking news, sport and showbiz from the World's Greatest Newspaper - updated 24/7

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks