NPower I just dont get it???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was with npower at my old address from june 2006-sep 2007, they promised us a fixed price cheaper bills etc.

Before this I was with BG using 1100 units per quarter, however npower has my usage down for 4652 per quarter thats 19000 units a year.

I was paying them £35 monthly dd, when I received a bill for £928 so we rang them and they wanted £114 a month off us, which we couldnt afford, we had a pre-payment meter installed end of May 2007, a month later we received a letter saying they were not receiving payment on the meter so they sent a new key, then we had a letter again, again they sent a new key. I then moved beginning of Sept 2007 final meter reading was 1112.10 units for a quarter electricity usage exactly the same. We asked for final bill at new address, nothing came we sent a recorded letter with new address and to request the final bill. nothing came. I saw watchdog's problems and thought they must have scrapped our bill with it. However, 3 days ago I received a bill off a debt collecting agency for £1500 delivered to my old address threatning court action.

What I cant work out is the apparent 4600 unit per quarter usage that we were apparently using, accurate readings were taken, but both me and my husband were working full time, i was a manager working sometimes 15 hrs a day, partner working about 10 hrs a day. Gas central heating, no electric heating, 4 bed house, nothing on during day but fridge and freezer, tv and lighting on in evening pc on most of the weekend.

My new property has electricity and coal, and I am now at home every day with my 1 yr old daughter, pc on all day, tv on all day, heating pump on all day, lights on. Cooker used throughout day, washing machine and tumble used everyday. however, only used 4800.05 since september 2007 over a year.

dont know how I can proove anything as I am not at the old address now, i only have bills from BG and npower and my usage now.

anyone got any ideas what could have been going on?

thank you

Lolly