• Tweets

• STUPID TYPO IN MY ANGER CORRECTED.   Breaking: MPs have rejected a plan to extend free school meals into the school holidays by 322 votes to 261. The Labour motion, which was defeated by a majority of 61, would have extended provision of hot food for children until Easter 2021.   Boris Johnson had whipped Tory MPs to vote against the plan - BUT ANY WITH A SHRED OF DECENCY SHOULD HAVE VOTED FOR IT ANYWAY.   Johnson happy to give £500 million to serco to fail to gather 250 spits samples a day but will see children go hungry Utterly unfit to be considered a human being.     https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/free-school-meals-vote-marcus-rashford-boris-johnson-holidays-b1209118.html
    • Hello,   My mother took an unregulated secured loan in 2001 for a total amount of £31,075 including PPI which we have tried claiming back but was sold through broker who now don’t exist.    When we requested SAR in Oct 2019 having added up payments made up to that point and including all payments sent up to sept 2020 she has paid £81,895.40 and still owes approx £40,000 (not an updated settlement figure)    unfortunately she did default a few times in the first 3 years of the loan agreement however has not defaulted since November 2004.     We frankly can not make head nor tail of the charges and subsequent interest added on the charges.    I am so desperate to make some headway and get some clarity on what to do for her.    PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOME HELP!!!!
    • Breaking: MPs have rejected a plan to extend free school meals into the school holidays by 322 votes to 261. The Labour motion, which was defeated by a majority of 61, would have extended provision of hot food for children until Easter 2021.   Boris Johnson had whipped Tory MPs to vote against the plan - BUT ANY WITH A SHRED OF DECENCY SHOULD HAVE VOTED AGAINST IT ANYWAY.   happy to give £500 million to serco to fail to gather 250 spits samples a day but will see children go hungry Utterly unfit to be considered a human being.     https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/free-school-meals-vote-marcus-rashford-boris-johnson-holidays-b1209118.html  
    • this one where you've posted swift advances under mortgage companies forum
    • Hello,   what forum should I put it under? 
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3922 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

what letter do i need to send 1st credit in responce to their letter.
ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your ref:

Thank you for your letter of **DATE**, the contents of which are noted.

I am disputing the total value of this debt with **BANK** due to unlawful and unreasonable charges. As such, therefore, I consider this account to be in dispute and no further action or payment shall be made until this matter is resolved.

As per OFT guidelines Section 2.8k "not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."

This process may take some time, due to the Office of Fair Trading's test case, but I will try to expedite this issue as a matter of urgency.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that your continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40, Protection from harassment Act 1997 section 3 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

and whats my next step/letter for lloyds?
If you have sent the LBA and the time limits have expired you can now just file at court against them. A template for this type of claim is in the bank templates library.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Complaint to the OFT about DCA's threatening legally action on statute barred accounts

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Lloyds have not replied then it is court time where the court will award you compensation and your costs....do you have all your copy letters and recorded delivery slips ?

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

If Lloyds have not replied then it is court time where the court will award you compensation and your costs....do you have all your copy letters and recorded delivery slips ?

yes i have all copies and proof of delivery with signatures. what can i claim for? ie the whole sum of debt owed plus damages etc. also the bit in there letter "We thurther note that to date you have paid £1345.00 thus admitting liability and leaving a due balance of £1370.05, we therefore would ask why you have paid nearly 50% off a debt you do not recognise."

do i need to answer that in the letter i send them?, as i have said they never gave me any details of the account just threatened bankruptcy etc. could i report them for using such tactics?

Edited by dirtymonkey29
do i need to answer that in the letter i send them?
No. It simply means that you have paid £1345.00. It does not mean that you owe them a damn thing nor does it mean that you express any further liability to them. Once you have details of the charges they may in fact owe you money.

If you receive any more of this rubbish from them simply report them to the OFT, who they are already in deep doo doo with.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Complaint to the OFT about DCA's threatening legally action on statute barred accounts

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

finaly got a letter from lloyds, as follow:

Thankyou for your letter dated 9th March, which i have returned to you.

Im afraid i couldnt find your bank account from the information you gave us in your letter. Could you please send the letter again adding one or all of the following:

* your branch sortcode and account number

or

*Your collections centre reference number

or

* your surname and postcode, clearly written in capital letter

Im sorry for the delay in replying to your letter. If you wish, you can call us on the number above so we can deal with your request as quickly as possible.

Please contact us as soon as you can.

First off i have supplied them with the sortcode and account number, they also have my full name, address and address i was living at when i held the account. How do i respond to this letter as it is a responce from the letter before action letter i sent previously on the 9th of march meaning they are well outside the SAR sent 01/01/09 and LBA sent 09/03/09. Can i get them to write off the debt as unsubstantiated and also get them to remove all defaults on my credit file, and can i also ask them to refund the £1300 all ready paid to the collections agency they have used?

Urgent help appreciated

can i just write to them and tell them they already have have all the information already and as they have past the regulated time period to remove defaults and stop all collections procedings with there client first credit?

finaly got a letter from lloyds, as follow:

Thankyou for your letter dated 9th March, which i have returned to you.

Im afraid i couldnt find your bank account from the information you gave us in your letter. Could you please send the letter again adding one or all of the following:

* your branch sortcode and account number

or

*Your collections centre reference number

or

* your surname and postcode, clearly written in capital letter

Im sorry for the delay in replying to your letter. If you wish, you can call us on the number above so we can deal with your request as quickly as possible.

Please contact us as soon as you can.

First off i have supplied them with the sortcode and account number, they also have my full name, address and address i was living at when i held the account. How do i respond to this letter as it is a responce from the letter before action letter i sent previously on the 9th of march meaning they are well outside the Subject Access Request sent 01/01/09 and LBA sent 09/03/09. Can i get them to write off the debt as unsubstantiated and also get them to remove all defaults on my credit file, and can i also ask them to refund the £1300 all ready paid to the collections agency they have used?

Urgent help appreciated

Edited by dirtymonkey29

Give them one last chance and give them the same info again.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

i will send them a copy of the original letter/SAR, but i would like to send them an additional letter requesting that they stop proceedings/collections and take back the debt from 1st credit, remove defaults etc as they have well exceeded the time limits and have no details of the account. i just need help with writting the letter.

Personally, I would re-write to them yet again - send it recorded and state that you have already given them the info but maybe add the acct no + sortcode again just to be nice (probably don't deserve it) and then tell them exactly what you have stated in your previous threads on here; that they have breached your subject access request, include any dates etc etc and then give them a date to reply by. If they go past that date again then get more advice from on here. Im new to this and have been reading through quite a lot of posts and threads. Good luck anyway.

Just resend the request giving the information they requested. Allow them an extra 14 days and if they fail to comply make a complaint to;

The Information Commissioner

Wycliff House

Water Lane

Wilmslow

Cheshire

SK9 5AF

Tel: 01625 545 745

Fax: 01625 524 510

E-mail: data@dataprotection.gov.uk

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I have constucted a letter to send to lloyds, csn someone give it a quick look and advise of any changes nessesary?

Dear Sir/Madam

Account:xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter of 19th March 2009 the contents of which are noted.

I enclosecopies of the original SAR and letter before action. The original SAR did have an incorrect sort code which after some investigation I can supply the correct sort code of: xx-xx-xx. As I have been able to source this information myself it leads me to believe that you are stalling for time as a search on my account number alone would have provided yourselves with the information required. I remind you that you are well outside the statutory 40 day limit for the subject access request, and also outside the time limit for the follow up “letter before action” letter.

I would like to make clear my account and sort code number so there can be no confusion between this letter and the enclosed copies supplied:

Account number: xxxxxxxx

Sort code: xx-xx-xx

I anticipate this account/debt to be made up wholly of bank charges as I have never knowingly had any loans or overdrafts with Lloyds. Also I have only ever held an account with Lloyds to my knowledge in 2001/2003 when I was refused an overdraft facility.

Due to the above facts, I would ask that you take this debt back from your appointed debt collection agency (1st credit ref-xxxxxxx) and close this account while returning the £1345 already paid to 1st credit, who have completely failed to supply any details of the debt owed and consequently resulting in my refusal to pay. I also require the removal of any default notices placed on my credit file as unsubstantiated.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

That's fine. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks good to me. Although I suspect strongly that LTSB won't refund any monies paid without a legal fight :rolleyes:

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)