1st credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what letter do i need to send 1st credit in responce to their letter.
ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your ref:

Thank you for your letter of **DATE**, the contents of which are noted.

I am disputing the total value of this debt with **BANK** due to unlawful and unreasonable charges. As such, therefore, I consider this account to be in dispute and no further action or payment shall be made until this matter is resolved.

As per OFT guidelines Section 2.8k "not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."

This process may take some time, due to the Office of Fair Trading's test case, but I will try to expedite this issue as a matter of urgency.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that your continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40, Protection from harassment Act 1997 section 3 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

and whats my next step/letter for lloyds?
If you have sent the LBA and the time limits have expired you can now just file at court against them. A template for this type of claim is in the bank templates library.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Lloyds have not replied then it is court time where the court will award you compensation and your costs....do you have all your copy letters and recorded delivery slips ?

yes i have all copies and proof of delivery with signatures. what can i claim for? ie the whole sum of debt owed plus damages etc. also the bit in there letter "We thurther note that to date you have paid £1345.00 thus admitting liability and leaving a due balance of £1370.05, we therefore would ask why you have paid nearly 50% off a debt you do not recognise."

do i need to answer that in the letter i send them?, as i have said they never gave me any details of the account just threatened bankruptcy etc. could i report them for using such tactics?

Edited by dirtymonkey29

do i need to answer that in the letter i send them?
No. It simply means that you have paid £1345.00. It does not mean that you owe them a damn thing nor does it mean that you express any further liability to them. Once you have details of the charges they may in fact owe you money.

If you receive any more of this rubbish from them simply report them to the OFT, who they are already in deep doo doo with.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

finaly got a letter from lloyds, as follow:

Thankyou for your letter dated 9th March, which i have returned to you.

Im afraid i couldnt find your bank account from the information you gave us in your letter. Could you please send the letter again adding one or all of the following:

* your branch sortcode and account number

or

*Your collections centre reference number

or

* your surname and postcode, clearly written in capital letter

Im sorry for the delay in replying to your letter. If you wish, you can call us on the number above so we can deal with your request as quickly as possible.

Please contact us as soon as you can.

First off i have supplied them with the sortcode and account number, they also have my full name, address and address i was living at when i held the account. How do i respond to this letter as it is a responce from the letter before action letter i sent previously on the 9th of march meaning they are well outside the SAR sent 01/01/09 and LBA sent 09/03/09. Can i get them to write off the debt as unsubstantiated and also get them to remove all defaults on my credit file, and can i also ask them to refund the £1300 all ready paid to the collections agency they have used?

Urgent help appreciated

finaly got a letter from lloyds, as follow:

Thankyou for your letter dated 9th March, which i have returned to you.

Im afraid i couldnt find your bank account from the information you gave us in your letter. Could you please send the letter again adding one or all of the following:

* your branch sortcode and account number

or

*Your collections centre reference number

or

* your surname and postcode, clearly written in capital letter

Im sorry for the delay in replying to your letter. If you wish, you can call us on the number above so we can deal with your request as quickly as possible.

Please contact us as soon as you can.

First off i have supplied them with the sortcode and account number, they also have my full name, address and address i was living at when i held the account. How do i respond to this letter as it is a responce from the letter before action letter i sent previously on the 9th of march meaning they are well outside the Subject Access Request sent 01/01/09 and LBA sent 09/03/09. Can i get them to write off the debt as unsubstantiated and also get them to remove all defaults on my credit file, and can i also ask them to refund the £1300 all ready paid to the collections agency they have used?

Urgent help appreciated

Edited by dirtymonkey29

i will send them a copy of the original letter/SAR, but i would like to send them an additional letter requesting that they stop proceedings/collections and take back the debt from 1st credit, remove defaults etc as they have well exceeded the time limits and have no details of the account. i just need help with writting the letter.

Personally, I would re-write to them yet again - send it recorded and state that you have already given them the info but maybe add the acct no + sortcode again just to be nice (probably don't deserve it) and then tell them exactly what you have stated in your previous threads on here; that they have breached your subject access request, include any dates etc etc and then give them a date to reply by. If they go past that date again then get more advice from on here. Im new to this and have been reading through quite a lot of posts and threads. Good luck anyway.

Just resend the request giving the information they requested. Allow them an extra 14 days and if they fail to comply make a complaint to;

The Information Commissioner

Wycliff House

Water Lane

Wilmslow

Cheshire

SK9 5AF

Tel: 01625 545 745

Fax: 01625 524 510

E-mail: [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

I have constucted a letter to send to lloyds, csn someone give it a quick look and advise of any changes nessesary?

Dear Sir/Madam

Account:xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter of 19th March 2009 the contents of which are noted.

I enclosecopies of the original SAR and letter before action. The original SAR did have an incorrect sort code which after some investigation I can supply the correct sort code of: xx-xx-xx. As I have been able to source this information myself it leads me to believe that you are stalling for time as a search on my account number alone would have provided yourselves with the information required. I remind you that you are well outside the statutory 40 day limit for the subject access request, and also outside the time limit for the follow up “letter before action” letter.

I would like to make clear my account and sort code number so there can be no confusion between this letter and the enclosed copies supplied:

Account number: xxxxxxxx

Sort code: xx-xx-xx

I anticipate this account/debt to be made up wholly of bank charges as I have never knowingly had any loans or overdrafts with Lloyds. Also I have only ever held an account with Lloyds to my knowledge in 2001/2003 when I was refused an overdraft facility.

Due to the above facts, I would ask that you take this debt back from your appointed debt collection agency (1st credit ref-xxxxxxx) and close this account while returning the £1345 already paid to 1st credit, who have completely failed to supply any details of the debt owed and consequently resulting in my refusal to pay. I also require the removal of any default notices placed on my credit file as unsubstantiated.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully