1st credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was making payments to connought for sometime about a year ago as they were threatening bankruptcy and being made bankrupt will stop me being able to work in banks (pc engineer/network engineer) but they never told me what i was paying for.....i told them this from day 1 and they still havent told me what its regarding....it has now been passed to 1st credit (part of connought i believe). I dont know the debt is about to be honest. when Connought were dealing with it they said on phone they would request details from lloyds and get back to me. which never happened. Like i said before this has now been passed to 1st credit, so my question is, which letter do i send them to find out details ie account details, interest, charges etc. if its for an overdraft or something will there be a credit agreement? can i claim back all the payments i have made to connought as i havent been told what i was paying for as i feel they have obtained payments from me by deception? and having paid connought in the past has this started off the 6 year period before it becomes statute barred again. baring in mind i havent acknowledged any debt as i havent yet been told what the debt is for all though i have made payments.

sorry for the long post....hope someone can help....really need to get a letter sent off but i have no idea which one to send

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was making payments to connought for sometime about a year ago as they were threatening bankruptcy and being made bankrupt will stop me being able to work in banks (pc engineer/network engineer) but they never told me what i was paying for.....i told them this from day 1 and they still havent told me what its regarding....it has now been passed to 1st credit (part of connought i believe). I dont know the debt is about to be honest. when Connought were dealing with it they said on phone they would request details from lloyds and get back to me. which never happened. Like i said before this has now been passed to 1st credit, so my question is, which letter do i send them to find out details ie account details, interest, charges etc. if its for an overdraft or something will there be a credit agreement? can i claim back all the payments i have made to connought as i havent been told what i was paying for as i feel they have obtained payments from me by deception? and having paid connought in the past has this started off the 6 year period before it becomes statute barred again. baring in mind i havent acknowledged any debt as i havent yet been told what the debt is for all though i have made payments.

sorry for the long post....hope someone can help....really need to get a letter sent off but i have no idea which one to send

hi dirtymonkey 1st an overdraft is not regulated under the consumer credit agreement .you need to find out what this is for realy before we can assist more in the right field if it is an overdraft then you can sar(subject access request ) loyds tsb. and start the process of claiming back the charges although thease have all been put on hold with the courts at the moment but would put the account firmley in dispute and therfore make it illegal for dca's to demand payments

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Un-freaking-believable.

Don't any of the letters you have had have any account numbers or anything on them which you can identify?

Bankruptcy may be a serious threat, but you are still more that entitled to know what they are chasing you for.

Do you have any knowledge of having debts in the past?

You wouldn't believe how many times innocent people pay these (edit) money without having any idea what it is about. Remember part of the modus operandi of these "people" is to send threatagrams out to anyone with the surname of someone believed to have a debt problem, in the hope that one of them will bite. You may well have been frightened into paying someone else's alleged debt.

SH

1st Cretins/Connaught don't like giving out account numbers; I've had this before with them. They will come back with answers such as:

'You must know the number because it's your account'

'The number's on all the statements you were sent'

etc., etc.

It's all part of their effort to wear people down.

Keep everything in writing. Send a letter telling them that you formally dispute the account because you do not recognise it as yours, and that unless they provide full details including teh account number, you won't correspond further.

If they send an SD, you can get it set aside because the debt is in dispute.

only there reference numbers....i paid connought as they sent me a letter saying they were gonna make me bankrupt..they didnt give me any information when i first contacted them other than saying it was regarding lloyds tsb..i have had a lloyds tsb account years and years ago. i had a payment plan but still no info so i told them i would not pay anymore until i had info. that was months ago and they have now passed it onto 1st credit who i had a letter from this morning. i have never had any loans from lloyds tsb and thinking about it never had an overdraft with them. i can only assume that i must of had bank charges for a missed direct debit or similar...the debt stands at £1300, i think it was originally around £2000 so thats a lot of bank charges!!!.....who do i send a subject access request to? lloyds or 1st credit....is there a template letter?....i have looked through the letter templates but couldnt find one.

thanks for your help guys/gals

here you go edit to suit

This is the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) i have used make any alterations necessary

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBERS: xxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxx-x

Please send me the information which I am entitled to under section 7(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to detailed occurrences relating to the account Numbers xxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxx-x

The following is by no means an exhaustive list but in the main this is what I require.

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to ALL accounting history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, all records you hold on me relevant to these accounts, including but not limited to:

1. A transcript of all transactions, including charges, fees, interest, repayments and payments and both the original amount of the loan and any repayments made to the accounts.

2. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company

3. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response

4. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notices that you may have sent to me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

5. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted.

6. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

7. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of these accounts and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

8. A genuine copy of any deed of assignment, or proof that you have a legal right to this money.

9. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

10. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

11. A copy of all account statements for the duration of the agreement.

12. Please would you also advise me of the logic involved in any automated decisions taken by you about me pursuant to section 7(1) (d) of the Data Protection Act 1998.

13. A True copy of the consumer credit agreement section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act of 1974.

Any Other information relating to these accounts

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully

BLAH

Print dont sign send by AT LEAST recorded delivery.

excellent letter there huggy41.....is that to send to dca or lloyds though?

it was not my letter but 1 i found for you sometimes if it is not in the template thread just above where you post there is a drop down box under search type in basic what you want and it will lead to the post where they can be found.

this is the website for lloyds it has there address on there

Lloyds TSB - Contact us

i would just write to dca and tell them that you have S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d lloyds and therfore technically put the alledged account into default

RE Your agreement with LLOYDS TSB

Relating to Account Number: ************

Balance outstanding: £****.**

We write to introduce 1st Credit Ltd to you.

LLOYDS TSB has assigned to 1st credit (Finance) Ltd the full outstanding balance due under the agreement referred to above. As a result of this assignment, the full amount outstanding is due to 1st Credit(Finance) Ltd immediately.

As the outstanding balance is owed to 1st Credit(Finance)Ltd you should not make any payments to LLOYDS TSB as it will take significantly longer to process the payment direct to the appointed servicing agent 1st Credit(Finance) Ltd at the above address.

You should contact this office immediately so that we can agree payment terms with you. Failure on your part to do this will result in moreformal recovery proceedings being taken against you.

In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we will comply with any request for a copy of the Personal Information about you that is held on our computer system.

Send your request, along with the administration fee of £10.00 and a sae to the above address.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Above is the letter i have got from them. The 12 digit account number they supplied is nothing like my old (very old) 8 digit account number with lloyds. How do i SAR lloyds without correct information? do i need to SAR 1st credit too? and is it £10? dont want them saying ive paid £10 towards the account and admit liability. Its the same debt connought were chasing me for but although i had a payment plan in place and made monthly payments for a while, they never supplied me any information on what the debt was. (remember i was trying to avoid bankruptcy which would stop me from being able to work if i was made bankrupt). So....although i had been paying this debt to connought, does this mean i have accepted liability despite not knowing what the debt was? also can i claim my money back from them that they have taken for not supplying information. Who do i report them too? got to be bad practice.

Should i send the " i do not acknowledge any debt to your company" letter to first credit?

You can adapt this one

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

Re: Account in dispute

I am writing to clarify that I am currently in the process of requesting a refund of bank charges unlawfully made to my account.

I note from your latest correspondence that you are proposing to issue me with a Default Notice on this account. I need to make you fully aware that I am disputing the sum owed and, as such, you must refrain from any further action until this dispute is fully resolved.

The current Banking Code (Section 13.6) states: We may give information to Credit Reference Agencies about the personal debts you owe us if:

You have fallen behind with your payments,

The amount owed is not in dispute; and

You have not made proposals we are satisfied with for repaying your debt, following our formal demand.

I would also like to make you aware of The Office of Fair Trading Code of Guidance in which it states: putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive This includes ignoring disputes about whether money is owed and refusing to freeze action if the debt is in dispute.

If you do not stop this default action and proceed by making any adverse comments on my credit reference files, I shall be forced to take legal action against you under the Data Protection Act 1998.

I therefore hope to receive your full co-operation in this matter and would like to request a written response to that effect.

Yours sincerely,

You send the SAR to Lloyds

You could try the prove it letter to 1st Credit if they have just approached you ffor payment :)

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your Name) Print do not sign

You now need to go beyond the template letters and write one of your own.

Worst Crudit are being their usual obstreperous selves without backing up the noise with anything tangible. As bankruptcy is a serious worry for you, and Worst Crudit are known for firing off frivolous Statutory Demands, you need to get written evidence of their antics.

Not that the Statutory Demands are ever serious. If they were, they would be properly served. But that is another story.

Send them a letter headed "ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE", and point out that no Lloyds accounts have the numbering system they are using. You are perfectly entitled to demand that anyone expecting you to pay money proves the case that it is properly owed. If there is no account number, how do you know whether any money you pay is going off a valid debt? They could come back in six months time with the real account number and start demanding money on that.

Put the account in dispute until they provide a valid account number.

Request a copy of their complaints procedure which they are obliged to send you. Be prepared to take this to the Ombudsman if necessary.

To answer another question - there is no point sending an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to anyone other than the original lender. If Worst Crudit have at least divulged the fact that this relates to Lloyds TSB, then account numbers are irrelevant for this. The SAR is a request for, and I quote, "a complete list of transactions and charges relating to ALL accounting history with your organisation".

The problem with the SAR is that they have 40 days to comply with it. In the meantime, keep the "account" with WC in dispute because they are not providing account numbers. It is a perfectly valid reason not to give them money.

I am also looking at that letter in post #21. Is that supposed to be a Notice Of Assignment? Whose letterhead is this written on, and does it look authentic? DCAs often print their own NOAs on obviously fake letterhead. Anything that helps you dispute the alleged debt is helpful.

SH