confused about capquest help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Still receiving annoying letters from them! I had a credit card with a limit of 200 pounds with a high interest rate and fell behind with payments.. the debt was in 2005 and the added the default on my credit report in 2006the amount was for £680.00. Got papers for it to go to county court for £299.99,court fee £15.00,solicters cost £50 so a total of £364.99.

So exceted it and filled in the county court paper work and offered a payment of £5.00 a month back as im a single mum on benifits and can't afford much more as repaying other debts, now the jujgment has come back saying the claiment accepted my payment i should pay £150.63 for debt and £105.00 for costs so a total of £255.63 at £5.00 amth and pay by the 22nd of nov-2008.

Now capquest have sent a letter to me stateing they obtained a judgment against me for the sum of £299.99 plus costs of £105.00 making a total of £404.99 and say they have reason to pursue for the outstanding money owed and have a balance of £720.85 otherwise further action will be taken for another judgment order! Then i get a Direct Debit Mandate this morning thru the post with the balance of £720.85 to pay them by the 10th nov at £20 mthly stating to my recent communication of their office and agreement to clear my debt!

Im a bit lost and my dad says to me wheres the paperwork then showing evidence i owe this amount and for what as i say i spent my limit on the card and failed to make payments due to being unemloyed and they ignored my request to make small payments years ago so i just ignored it all.. now what is £200 seems to be just going up and up and don't know what to do about it! Help:-? please

Crapquest cannot get a second judgement for the same debt. They are in fact breaking the law if they split up a claim into seperate parts. If I were you I would pay the £ 5 per month as ordered by the Court and if you could scan in the paperwork that you have in relation to the debt and post it up here you will get very helpful advice on the way to deal with these muppets