Outstanding Debt Search Experian

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just got my Equifax report and there are 'Outstanding Debt' searches on there which are not 'Soft' searches. I am told these will stay there for 6 years.

One of them is from a company that tried to chase for a debt that was statute barred. The debt was already in dipute with another DCAand i wrote telling them so and pointing out that they were in breach of OFT collection guidlines, the Consumer Credit Act and the Data Protection Act. The orignal DCA was also in default of my CCA request.

Another DCA has searched my account twice at two of my addresses in Aug 2007 - a company I have never heard of and have no rcollection of ever having any contact with. Yet they have left their mucky footprint all over my credit file.

Can I get these searches removed as one is certainly spurious to say the least and the other i hve never heard of??

Your help would be much appreciated

LB

• 3 weeks later...

i was under the impression that if you hadn't given permission for someone to search your credit file then they could not do so - i'm curious as to what the exceptions are as i have loads of these debt searches on my file, CapQuest and JB debt recovery put one on there every month - JB have never contacted me so i assume i'm not who they are looking for - if this is the case what right to they have to tarnish my report with there 'non-soft' searching?

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!