Recording telephone calls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for taking the time to explain that, it's always good to hear from independents and you've answered most of my concerns. As for the international calls, the nuisance ones come up on my CallerID as INTERNATION NUMBER WITHELD but it sounds like truecall has some options on that too.

I'll have to order one soon I think. Is it still just a case of buying the unit (£100) emailing receipt number to alanfromderby or admin to entitle me to a free recorder card with software or has that changed now?

Is there a reference point I can use? For example, while on the phone and I mention halfway through that I am recording the call, and they then say "you should have told us at the start of the call" - I would then want to say "Section XXX of XXXXXXX guidelines state that I do not have to advise you that I am recording this call at all, as it is for my sole personal records, so unless I intend to disclose the material to third parties, I do not have to inform you".

Anything?

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

You don't need their permission to record calls.

THe really wonderful thing about the Truecall (IMO) is that you can press the record button anytime during the call and it still records the whole call, even the bit before you pressed the button.

• 1 month later...

yep spam i missed the part if they got findinmg but i am glad they did. I notice that we failed to get a mention but hey how.

Anyway there was talk of it being made into mobile technology which will be great.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

You can watch the pitch here:BBC - Dragons' Den - Entrepreneurs - Steve Smith

I still say this really is the best thing since sliced bread, it's too good, my evenings have never been so quiet:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

When I first started with cag I had never heard of truecall and used to route all my calls through my old modem and let the software record all calls. I had anonymous call reject on my phone so all but overseas call were stopped. It was a pig to use to take a recording of a phone call off the computer system. I sent a recording of one threatening call from MBNA to the head of legal services at MBNA never received another call from them since :lol::lol::lol:. I just wish I had been able to use truecall then.

dpick

You can watch the pitch here:BBC - Dragons' Den - Entrepreneurs - Steve Smith

I still say this really is the best thing since sliced bread, it's too good, my evenings have never been so quiet:D

what also makes ur evening quiet is telling them every time they ask u summing, everything in writing over and over again. they hate it.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I have found that when individuals inform DCA's that the call is being recorded they simply hang up... Probably a nice little tactic to mention this at the start of a call received, wheter you have the equipment or not!!

he deffo got the best person for the Job as he is wll versed in the telecoms business and the market.