BOS & Albion. . .Help!!!

eforegg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an account with Bank of Scotland, with an overdraft facility of £1100. I was dismissed due on medical grounds (depression) November 2006 (I've a whole employment tribunal thread running in the employment forum)

Anyway as a result of not working and being on incapacity until very recently my debts have built up. I've sorted most out however my Bank of Scotland account got into a real mess. So much so in July I had to start another account with RBS as my benefit was eaten up in charges when it was paid in meaning for 2 weeks I had no money.

The bottom line is my balance is now £2600 overdrawn. I calculated (but haven't) submitted yet, the charges without interest on my account, amount to £4600 over the past 5 years, nearly £2000 worth of charges this year alone. The Bank of Scotland have passed my case to Albion Debt Collectors. I've no experience at all of this, I've never been in this position before, whats the best way to approach this as they want it all paid now as I'm in breach of the terms & conditions of my account, an account incidently I have had since 1991. I'm still in my probation period and they do a credit check, so I dont want that ruining this.

I've started work a couple of months ago and can now afford to manage my other outgoings. . .just. I had to take a fairly substantial pay cut just to get back into employment and was not exactly well paid before!!

Hi, eforegg.

I would start to re-claim the charges levied on the account, pronto.

Once you start the process, this puts the account into dispute, then the Bank or DCA must refrain from taking any further action on the account until the dispute is fully resolved.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks Scott, I appreciate your speedy response.

With the employment situation and working towards a tribunal hearing for the past year the bank charges situation got put on the back burner. I'll get that prepared and get that emailed to them.

Regards

John

I see a very serious security risk here, unless you have made a mistake in your post.

You say you have this overdraft with Royal Bank Of Scotland, and then you say that you've had to open another account with RBS to avoid your benefit being eaten up in charges.

Unless you've got that wrong, you've opened up another account with the same bank.

That is an incredibly dangerous situation, as they are allowed to remove funds from one account to pay a shortfall on another one.

If this is your true situation, get another account with a totally unrelated bank as soon as you possibly can, and get any income paid into there.

SH

Hi

Sorry to point this out he said BOS (Bank Of Scotland)

not RBS.

On the point of Albion collections its their in house collection company and they wont give in they will harass you day and night.

I fired off a letter telling them comunication in writing only letter and a complaint to HBOS themselves which seemed to stop them.

Hope this helps

Edited by simountain1
spelling oops

• 3 months later...

Hi Sorry for the delay on an update.

I've been offered £1010 which in their words amounts to the charges debited to my account between 5/8/2008 & 24/12/2008

I did ask them why those dates were deemed significant but to date I've had no answer. I also said I would accept the offer as part payment towards my full settlement but again they haven't responded yet. These were only sent a couple of weeks as I was house moving in the interim.

I did get a letter from Blair Oliver Scott the other week though threatening legal action so I guess they maybe are looking to pursue this a bit more vigorously.

I'll keep you posted.

Hi, John.

Sounds like it's going your way, with my last claim from HBOS, I claimed for 5 years but they paid me 6 :)

You could let Blair, Oliver & Scott know your disputing your account.

Dear Sirs

Re: Account in dispute

I am writing to clarify that I am currently in the process of requesting a refund of bank charges unlawfully made to my account.

I note from your latest correspondence that you are proposing to issue me with a Default Notice on this account - I need to make you fully aware that I am disputing the sum owed and, as such, you must refrain from any further action until this dispute is fully resolved.

If you do not stop this default action and proceed by making any adverse comments on my credit reference files, I shall be forced to take legal action against you under the Data Protection Act 1998.

Yours sincerely,

**Edit to suit**

Keep at them ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert