HELP!!!! Bryan Carter et al....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok a brief introduction on my debt problems - had four credit cards, not able to work due to health problems so obviously couldn't pay them off and have got into trouble. My in laws have offered to help with paying them - my father in law is a solicitor so deals with this stuff all the time - we wrote to them all saying that we couldn't pay the full balance but have offered almost half. MBNA accepted my offer and the rest have all been passed onto debt collectors (Fredrikson, Bryan Carter, Lowell etc)

I've constantly written to them offering a partial settlement and never hear anything - I've been told by FIL to keep writing and calling and offering until they let up.

I've received a letter from Bryan Carter today saying that on 10th November I will be issued with court proceedings - I didn't think they could do that!

What else can I do to get them to respond - also aren't Bryan Carter breaking the law (he's added on his own costs as well) - they can't do this can they?

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Hi and welcome to CAG.

When were the credit cards taken out roughly?

I've received a letter from Bryan Carter today saying that on 10th November I will be issued with court proceedings - I didn't think they could do that!

He shouldn't but he can. Have you asked for a copy of the credit agreement? Are there any charges on the account e.g. late payment fees? If there are do you have any idea what proportion of the balance these might be?

also aren't Bryan Carter breaking the law (he's added on his own costs as well) - they can't do this can they?

No he's not breaking the law - although only a court can award costs. Is he claiming the full amount of the account or part of the amount do you know?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi and welcome to CAG. and the Bryan Carter fan club. Read all the threads about Bryan Carter and you will see what he gets up to. The good news is you will be able to see him off. 2 rules to start I think the first never believe what he tells you and the second if he starts court proceedings defend oh and deal with the court never send him anything, except a CCA request. If he starts court proceedings others will be along to help you. Ian