Should I send another SAR CAP1 PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Time limits for filing a Defence: CPR 15.4

14 days from the date of (deemed) Service of the Proceedings; unless they enter an Acknowledgement of Service, then its 28 days and runs from the date of (actual) Service of the Proceedings as per the Acknowledgement.

[B]Gamekeeper turned Poacher.[/B] [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]Disclaimer:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]My posts only contain general information and my opinion and they are provided on the sole basis that you will not rely on them. Nothing in them is, or should be considered as, legal advice.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]No warranties, representations or undertakings about any of the content of my posts is given including, but without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]If you require legal advice, you should consult and retain a suitably qualified lawyer.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Time limits for filing a Defence: CPR 15.4

14 days from the date of (deemed) Service of the Proceedings; unless they enter an Acknowledgement of Service, then its 28 days and runs from the date of (actual) Service of the Proceedings as per the Acknowledgement.

Hi

Thanks for replying, so if the papers were deemed served by the court on the 21st Jan and on the 28th Jan the defendant acknowledged and said they were going to defend, then the 28 days runs from the 28th Jan?

It's 28 days after the date of service - if you issued via MCOL, they allow 5 days for service, (33 days in total) or if via a local Court, most allow 3 days for service. (31 days in total)

You'll have been told when the defendant had until on the Notice of Issue form - add 14 days to that day, and that is the 28th day after service.

Remember that they have until the 28th day, so you can't request Judgment until day 29 - plus you'll have to wait for the Court to process your request if no defence is entered, which can take a week.

Hi

Thanks for replying, so if the papers were deemed served by the court on the 21st Jan and on the 28th Jan the defendant acknowledged and said they were going to defend, then the 28 days runs from the 28th Jan?

No.

Car's explanation is correct.

The rule states:

15.4 (1) The general rule is that the period for filing a defence is –

(a) 14 days after service of the particulars of claim; or

(b) if the defendant files an acknowledgment of service under Part 10, 28 days after service of the particulars of claim.

The point I was trying to make is that when the claim was issued the Court will have determined a deemed date of service; whereas the Defendant's Acknowledgement of Service will state the actual date of service... which may be different from the deemed date... and given the terms of 15.4(1) b... it is this actual date that you need to take the 28 days from.

[B]Gamekeeper turned Poacher.[/B] [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]Disclaimer:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]My posts only contain general information and my opinion and they are provided on the sole basis that you will not rely on them. Nothing in them is, or should be considered as, legal advice.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]No warranties, representations or undertakings about any of the content of my posts is given including, but without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]If you require legal advice, you should consult and retain a suitably qualified lawyer.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

It's 28 days after the date of service - if you issued via MCOL, they allow 5 days for service, (33 days in total) or if via a local Court, most allow 3 days for service. (31 days in total)

You'll have been told when the defendant had until on the Notice of Issue form - add 14 days to that day, and that is the 28th day after service.

Remember that they have until the 28th day, so you can't request Judgment until day 29 - plus you'll have to wait for the Court to process your request if no defence is entered, which can take a week.

Thankyou, I understand now :)

Hi

Got a letter from CAP1 this morning and they are going to settle my claim in full by cheque (which they never enclosed). The letter also says that they are going to rearrange for SAR to be sent to me again, however I believe that the content is going to be exactly the same as what they sent me previously, just statement, screen prints etc. What I really want so that I can start my PPI claim is a copy of the agreement that I signed that showed I was student.

So I have left a message with their legal rep to call me back (I hope this was a good idea?)

Okay got the cheque through this morning :), do I stop court action when the cheque is cleared or when they send me the rest of the SAR that I am missing?

I am now sorting out PPI that they charged me and putting it on a spreadsheet can I claim CI?

I am also going for the late charges that they added to my account I was told that it would be better if I kept the two claims together, is this right?

• 2 weeks later...
Found the template letters, but still need to know if I can claim the 26.48% interest?

Scatz I've not done it myself yet! but I've been reading around and people are claiming CI @ the purchase interest rate. Cap1 will not agree to that without a court case filed though according to the threads I've read.

They have however pulled out before the hearing stage in the threads I've read, I suggest you search around for all Capital one threads for more info.

PmW

• 2 weeks later...