Login prob

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

However, if I use the second link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

It takes me straight to the forums.

Same here.

But if I try to log in to the forums using that page, then I am redirected to the site shown above rather than logged in. :eek:

It is very odd, but that is what happens.:confused:

I can log in when logged out by replying to a thread (as done here) but not from a normal login box as on the forum front page. Bizarre.

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I use Firefox.

If I Google "Consumer Action Group" and use the first link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/

I will get the CAG main page.

However, if I use the second link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

It takes me straight to the forums.

No problems though either way.:confused:

On the my desktop PC, I use the latest version of Firefox on Windows xp where I've been getting the probs above.

On my wireless connected laptop using Firefox and vista I get the expected results when trying to log in.

Come on webby whats occuring?

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

So on the laptop you log in OK, without any problems? If that is the case then you have proved that it is not the CAG site that's causing your problem, otherwise you would get exactly the same problems whatever PC you used.

If the first statement is true, then the problem lies with your desktop PC.

Can you access the internet, using Internet Explorer? If so then try that. If you can then log in to CAG OK then the problem lies with Firefox.

In that case, delete the Firefox program and then do a fresh install of it.

Also try physically logging off. Close the browser. Re-open the browser and then go to CAG front page. Select forums from the list on the left hand side of screen, then log in with your name and password. Don't forget to tick the remember me box if nobody else uses the PC.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Sorry to butt in but it looks as though you are being directed to the link below

"http://www.cag.mediajump.co.uk/index.php"

which will always take you to the page shown on Fermi's screenshot. If you haven't done it already, try clearing your history and starting a fresh login to www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Trilby274
Link amended

So on the laptop you log in OK, without any problems? If that is the case then you have proved that it is not the CAG site that's causing your problem, otherwise you would get exactly the same problems whatever PC you used. not necessarily so

If the first statement is true, then the problem lies with your desktop PC.

Can you access the internet, using Internet Explorer? If so then try that. If you can then log in to CAG OK then the problem lies with Firefox.

In that case, delete the Firefox program and then do a fresh install of it. I'll try IE on my next login upstairs. I will refesh my firefox install.

Also try physically logging off. Close the browser. Re-open the browser and then go to CAG front page. Select forums from the list on the left hand side of screen, then log in with your name and password. Don't forget to tick the remember me box if nobody else uses the PC.

Done all that

Regards, Rooster.

Thanks for all the advice

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Sounds like it could be a Firefox Add-in causing this problem. Try disabling your add-ins one by one and see if the problem goes away.

I'll give that try once I do a re-install, thanks :|

Tried the re-install of Firefox and still get the same result of being directed to that mickey mouse CAG site, is this site associated with CAG @ all?

Try'd login on IE and everything works as it should so its a Firefox problem.

Anyone got any ideas?

is this site associated with CAG @ all?

The only connection to cag that I can see on there is the logo. It doesn't appear to have any associated links. I will have a word with Webby and see if he can throw some light on it.

It is worrying to think that others are getting directed to this site.

Sounds like it could be a Firefox Add-in causing this problem. Try disabling your add-ins one by one and see if the problem goes away.

WOOhoo at last a solution that worked, well done SL:)

I have an add on that tells me what the weather is going to do today and tomorrow, disabled this and problem went away:rolleyes:

Ah! Isn't it weird how these add ons do something completely different in addition to what you want them to?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Glad that your sorted :)

Tiglet: Ah! Isn't it weird how these add ons do something completely different in addition to what you want them to?

It was a pain, its a firefox 'add on' prob only with XP, it's ok on my vista laptop.:???:

Tks all who came up with ideas to help

So I take it you no longer believe you are on some kind of stealth moderation?:rolleyes:

:DNo and I apologise to the site team for any offense, if in fact any was taken.:D. Perhaps Webby can sort out the problem of firefox add ons so it doesn't happen again.:roll:icon5.gif

Strange this - I thought I would be in a bit of bother because I use a Mac with Firefox, but apart from the initial login problem I had when joining, everything has worked perfectly.

Glad you got it all sorted though Conar. ;)

I still get it. :( Firefox 3.04 on Linux.

As I posted earlier, it's definitely an addon/profile based problem since it doesn't occur using a blank profile.

However, with a brand new fresh and unsullied Firefox profile the problem does not occur.

It doesn't happen with a fresh Opera install/profile either.

From my end it 'appears' to be a problem with Firefox in some way. Whether cookies/cache or extension remains to be seen.

I don't have a "weather" extension though. :-|

Oh well..............

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]