Jump to content


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

I got a letter offering £517 as a full and final settlement (against a £2800 claim), and i replied saying i was happy to accept it as a partial and interim settlement, but that i would pursue the balance. My question is, will they pay the £517, or not now they know i won't leave it at that. Anyone else had this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

That seems to be the norm - from what I have read they will pay the £517 , but you will then need to send a revised letter to them requesting the remained....hold out for the whole lot - its yours and you will get it ....eventually!

Hearing date 04/12/06 - Halifax £399.62

Hearing date 04/12/06 - Cap One £167.21

Link to post
Share on other sites
I got a letter offering £517 as a full and final settlement (against a £2800 claim), and i replied saying i was happy to accept it as a partial and interim settlement, but that i would pursue the balance. My question is, will they pay the £517, or not now they know i won't leave it at that. Anyone else had this?

 

Hi susie

You must stick to your timetable and when its time to send your LBA amend it to say "I accept your offer of a refund of charges totalling XXXXX as a partial settlement towards my claim. I intend to continue my claim against you for the remainder of the charges". or something like that

Hope this helps you.

Libby

 

 

Prelim Letter sent 14 June 2006 (£2,301.00

rec Letter from the bank on 21 June 2006 to say sorry to hear that

rec another letter 24 june 2006 refund £468.00

3 July 2006 i sent my LBA

heard nothing

sent my N1 claim form in on 17 July 2006

Link to post
Share on other sites
I got a letter offering £517 as a full and final settlement (against a £2800 claim), and i replied saying i was happy to accept it as a partial and interim settlement, but that i would pursue the balance. My question is, will they pay the £517, or not now they know i won't leave it at that. Anyone else had this?

Hi Susie this is the norm for them ...but they didnt send the initial offer to us ...I am afraid you will just have to wait

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...