style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right this is for a friend, I never thought I'd need to be in Bailiffs.

Story as I can see it.

Person was living in council flat, didn't pay rent or council tax. Was evicted by council in June 08.

Moved into friends house, part rent/part owned 50/50. She informed council of new abode and arranged payments of outstanding council tax.

Not sure of payments made, but she missed payment starting Oct 08.

Bailiffs turned up at her new address where she was renting a room, threatened the home owner with what they could take, they said the table, chairs and TV/DVD, none of which was owned by the person owing the money!

She was in tears, saying that it was her stuff and not the tenants (who had a room) the bailiff said tough, we are taking it.

The Home owner paid the bill (£480) to stop her stuff being taken, SHE didn't know better, being 7 months pregnant. The bailiffs charged £1 on her debit card for the pleasure.

Now she has incurred charges on her current account for having to pay the bailiff!

PLEASE help, as I have done others!

JoGs

Sorry to say but this is happening more and more often. So many bailiffs that we hear about are threateneing parents, grandparents etc as they believe that if the debtor cant pay then by saying to the parents etc that their goods will be taken they can extract payments from them on of course a "voluntary" basis.

Your friend MUST make a complaint about this and write down exactly what has happened. Can I ask which bailiff company this was?

The complaint needs to be sent to the bailiff company AND the local authority by REGISTERED POST. I would strongly suggest that the letter states that unless the entire amount is refunded that your friend will issue a Form 4 Complaint to the County Court that certificated him. I would also suggest that your friend also completes a Statutory Declaration to confirm that she is the owner of the contents of the property.

The entire process of a Walking Possession has been overtaken by bailiffs in an attempt to use them to extract substantial fees. It is for this reason that I will continue to say the following:

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES........SHOULD YOU ALLOW A BAILIFF TO COME INTO YOUR HOME.

• Haha 1

Is this not obtaining money by deception? i.e. a criminal offence! Bullying a pregnant woman into paying a debt which is not hers by threatening to take goods from her home should surely be reported to the police?

They never cease to amaze with their disgusting practices:mad:

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Is this not obtaining money by deception? i.e. a criminal offence! Bullying a pregnant woman into paying a debt which is not hers by threatening to take goods from her home should surely be reported to the police?

Yes it probably is and it should, but unfortunately you need to be a very determined individual indeed to get the police to do anything.

They try to take the view initially that "it's a civil matter" and "nothing to do with them", you have to write to the Chief Constable to get any action, and even then the first contact will be to try and persuade you to drop the complaint and use another way of dealing with it that doesn't involve them.

If you want to complain to the police you should attend your local station to make a complaint, making sure you have fully printed copies of the Devon & Cornwall constabularies guidelines to hand out, then put a letter to the Chief constable including a copy for him/her too.

Thanks for all the advise,

Bailiffs was Rundles and Co.

Voxter, yes I agree, some are. But I can assure you, this one isn't. The person owing the money RENTS a room. The bailiffs barged into someone elses house, she is 5ft and weighs about 6 stone. She was also 7 months pregnant with a toddler running about.

The Bailiff did not listen to a word she said, she was bullied into paying a £480 debt that was NOT hers.

Her mum will take this ALL the way.

Thanks

Jogs

Her mum will take this ALL the way.

Jogs

Good -hope she gets the right result, keep us updated, I'd love to hear these thugs have got their come-uppance.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

The bailiff charged a debit card fee. Apparently not allowed. Evidently the letter in post #23 of this thread deals with that hole in one... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/161530-please-tell-me-if-2.html

Apparently levying on someone elses goods commits an offence and you can recover the bailiffs levy fees. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/149156-letter-tempostplates-needed-please.html bottom of post #2