Credit Security Limited - Provident Personal Credit

jbabf1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I have been sent to this Credit SL for default on my payments to Provident? They are to collect from me every week yet i have had no collector for months as the lady who used to collect left.

My bill appears to have quadrupled and now CSL want well over a grand from me.

I am not refusing what i owe but have had no letters from Provident and now i have this CSL after me.

I am about to send this letter but am not sure if i should send it to Provident or CSL.

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I was going to send it to Provident and CC CSL

There is no reason why you shouldn't CCA these "people" otherwise how do you know that they have a legal right to collect on the debt. send your letter to whoever is demanding money from you (CSL)

You also have a right to know what charges have been applied to the account and by whom. If the charges have been applied by provident AND they appear in the original agreement then fair enough, that's what you have agreed to.

However, if a third party have applied charges to your account which are not specifically referred to in the agreement, then they are unlawful and cannot be applied to the account.

You are well within your rights to request clarification of this

Edited by spamheed
missed a bit

Hi had tr4ouble a few years ago with provie no one turning up to collect phoneing them saying they would turn up never did then sent ck edrupt after me and took me to court.Now the thing is you cant pay direct debit or go to the office as i was told you couldnt.If they are suppose to come and collect the money from you and they arent then they have broken the contract as far as i can see so have you tryed to contact the local office about paying before the dca started contacting you as this would help in your case against them. well it did with me as the judge set a side the hearing with them and they with drew the case as it was due to court again.

So were regular payments made and then did they become eratic as in comeing for collection and then just stop turning up and did you contact the local office.

Edited by stuscfc
spelling and not making sence lol

Send a CCA request letter to Credit Security.

They are one of the seriously nasty DCAs who do send thugs round to peoples' doors, so you need to think in advance of how you will deal with such an eventuality. It will be a good idea to send them the letter withdrawing their right to visit. It won't stop them, as they have no respect for the law, but it will give you ammunition to use in any complaints further down the line.

Send the CCA request with a £1 postal order. Don't sign the letter. Send it recorded or preferably Special Delivery.

See what comes back from that before you do anything else.

SH

Hi had tr4ouble a few years ago with provie no one turning up to collect phoneing them saying they would turn up never did then sent ck edrupt after me and took me to court.Now the thing is you cant pay direct debit or go to the office as i was told you couldnt.If they are suppose to come and collect the money from you and they arent then they have broken the contract as far as i can see so have you tryed to contact the local office about paying before the dca started contacting you as this would help in your case against them. well it did with me as the judge set a side the hearing with them and they with drew the case as it was due to court again.

So were regular payments made and then did they become eratic as in comeing for collection and then just stop turning up and did you contact the local office.

There local office has moved so contacting them has been hell I have an idea that they lost a load of accounts for a while, as i know i am not the only person around my area that this has happened too, they have been unable to contact them How i found them in the end was by contacting an address seen elsewhere and being referred to head office, even then i had to beg for a contact number and address!:(

Very similar what happened to me moved to new home not very good area different collectors all the time come for a few weeks then not comming for a few weeks then nothing.Was told that ppl in the area were taking out loans and not paying them back which we were lumped in with as we tryed to pay it so they took us to court which the judge saw us as having a good case for defence as we had tryed to pay but they basicaly didnt want to know just wanted the ccj against us but we beat them and nothing now about it for 3 years.Sound familiar lol if you have tryed as it sounds like you have you have a good case against them send the cca request and as its a loan agreement and if they cant provied it then non enforcable so all these threats are just that threats.Make sure you keep your book safe and all letters from them as you might need the info in the future but cca them first also not sure,SAR provident also this will sniff out what they have on you i might be wrong though but cca first.

I think that is part of the problem as you say my area is down as unsafe for reasons unknown:confused: I am very happy here, but we have been through a few collectors in the past and we have been with prov for 10 - 12 years as have many others i know (god knows why). But they just disappeared normally they are round all the time trying to get you to up this take out that :(

I am going to the post office on Monday to send the CCA lets play them at there game

After getting the book out i have just worked out the dates and the last call was September 06:D

Edited by jbabf1
Add last paragraph