Need a hand with where to start!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am a 28yr old woman with significant debts that have become unmanageable and I need to tap into some of you guy's knowledge to help me direct what I need to do to help me get out of it.

I currently owe in the region of £20k, which breaks down into the following:

HFC Loan - £8000 taken out May 2008

A&L Loan - £3700 taken out 2005 with 2 outstanding payments but an arrangement to pay off over the next 6 months.

Cahoot Loan - £3700 taken out 2005 with 2 outstanding payments that I am unable to catch up realistically unless they allow me to spread out.

Marbles Card - £4500 taken out around 2000 with 3 late payments and no hope of catching that up.

These are the main ones that are an issue, although I have other smaller cc's that I am now not paying even a tiny minimum payment on as I need to money to live on!

I am waking up every night worrying and I don't know what to do for the best. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated as to what to do and in what order...:grin::D

Hi and welcome you are on the first step of gaining control

Hi

I am a 28yr old woman with significant debts that have become unmanageable and I need to tap into some of you guy's knowledge to help me direct what I need to do to help me get out of it.

I currently owe in the region of £20k, which breaks down into the following:

HFC Loan - £8000 taken out May 2008 I would say send a CCA but with this being brand new it would be a waste of £1 - did you get PPI with this if yes how was it sold to you, I would also cancel it to reduce the debt

A&L Loan - £3700 taken out 2005 with 2 outstanding payments but an arrangement to pay off over the next 6 months. - Send a SAR to these people see what the agreement says, and statements for any charges added - same steps as per PPI above

Cahoot Loan - £3700 taken out 2005 with 2 outstanding payments that I am unable to catch up realistically unless they allow me to spread out.

same as A&L Loan

Marbles Card - £4500 taken out around 2000 with 3 late payments and no hope of catching that up. - if with the OC send a SAR asking for statments and agreement

These are the main ones that are an issue, although I have other smaller cc's that I am now not paying even a tiny minimum payment on as I need to money to live on! - CCA all credit cards to see whether the agreements are legally binding

I am waking up every night worrying and I don't know what to do for the best. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated as to what to do and in what order...:grin::D

links to the templates is

CCA costs £1 send it recorded, do not sign it, they then have 12 +2 days to provide the agreement, if after this time they do not the account is in default and they cant start any proceedings.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

template N

Send the Original creditor the SAR for all statements, it would appear that thses DCA's are adding charges/interest to this loan

SAR costs £10 and takes 40 days, send recorded do not sign

you need to see what has been added and then you can see what you can claim back

also for the ones you are paying off on the minimum, if you prioritise them by apr and pay slightly more to the most expensive and when that is paid off move to the next and so on

Most importantly CUT THEM UP

Good Luck

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)