CrispyDuck V HSBC - HSBC Cocked Up!

TBeckett100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I told a friend of mine about what everyone is doing and I told him to request all his statements. They have charged him.... wait for it £1 a sheet!

100 sheets

Surely they have cocked up, its supposed to be a tenner!!

Anyone else had this experience?

Halifax WON X 2, Northern Rock WON, Capital One WON, Marbles WON, HSBC WON

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

I told a friend of mine about what everyone is doing and I told him to request all his statements. They have charged him.... wait for it £1 a sheet!

100 sheets

Surely they have cocked up, its supposed to be a tenner!!

Anyone else had this experience?

did he send the SAR request letter with his £10 fee, or did he order them over the phone

over the phone

thats why then, should of sent the SAR in the template library not sure whether he can get his £100 back maybe he should go into his local branch and discuss it with them, cause i doubt he could claim it with his charges as its a service not a penalty

i feel a complaint coming on for him. he was told on the sauturday it would be a tenner by the indians, but that he could only order them on the Monday

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

I picked up Crispy's statements and they have only given him four years worth, however, 1st letter going today to reclaim him £1,355.00. So here goes. When the remaining 2 years comes in, I shall add it accordingly.

• 2 months later...

i just ordered mine over the phone yesterday (well tried too haha) they told me they are charging me £1 per year of statements after the previous 12 months which in turn is free.

3/10/06 Current Account Statements Received -

3/10/06 HSBC Unable to Located Information

regarding MASTERCARD

3/10/06 DATA Protection Request Sent

10/10/06 First Letter Sent Recorded - Still awaiting

Data Protection Request for seperate

account.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i printed mine off too from their website and then colour photocopied them at work and highlited all the charges - just to make it easier for them when receive it!! :)

HSBC BANK

** DECEMBER 2006 - RECEIVED CHEQUE FOR FULL AMOUNT!!!! ** £5967.00:)

LLOYDS TSB

**JANUARY 2007- RECEIVED CHEQUE FOR FULL AMOUNT!!!! ** £1340:)

HSBC BANK - Managed Loan/Interest

still chasing, have submiited claim thru MCOl - date sent to my local court - claim is going ahead Jan 29th 2008 :(

CURRENTLY CHASING

NATIONWIDE (WIFES ACCOUNT)

HSBC (managed loan)

others won:

CAPITAL ONE C/CARD (mine & wifes), :)

BOXCLEVER TV RENTAL, BHS STORECARD, BLACKHORSE FINANCE,HSBC PPI INSURANCE FOR SBL, PPI INSURNACE FO LLOYDS TSB LOAN,

i printed mine off too from their website and then colour photocopied them at work and highlited all the charges - just to make it easier for them when receive it!! :)

You don't need to send them all your statements.

Compile a list (or spreadsheet) of dates, descriptions and charges with a total at the bottom.

One page, cheaper to post, easier to read.

When I sent the SAR letter and my fee HSBC wrote back very quickly, returned my £10 fe, saying they were happy to provide them for free - a week later I received all the statements in batches by post. Sorry to hear others have been ripped off (again)

Make sure you stick to your schedule ,and wait for the sound of the letter with your refund dropping through the letterbox:grin:

hsbc

Claim served on 13-08-2006

full refund .19-08-2006,

23-08-06 cheque arrived £580-deal.:D

capital one .

Filed claim against 16-08-2006 for £340.

Capital one 02-09-06 offer £383 refund to account.deal:D

Abbey Data Protection Act 4-07-06

issued court claim for £189 16-10-06

waitng for allocation nov21-11-06:cool:

Pleae make a donation to site, when you win-- I DID

I think the mistake people are making is by asking for duplicates of statements, which the banks charge upto £5 a sheet for.

The best way is to ask for a "comprehensive list of all charges on my account for the past 6 years" That way they can, but probably won't, charge a maximum of a tenner. They will then put all statements in the post to you as they don't keep them on microfiche.

You NEVER need to mention the word statements to them.

Capital One - Charges

PAID OUT IN FULL WITH 8% INT

HSBC - Charges

PAID OUT IN FULL WITH 8% INT

Unfair Dismissal

PAID OUT FULL COMPENSATION

NCP PAD Parking 'Fine'

FULLY CANCELLED

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I logged onto my online banking account and pulled up my bank statements for the last 6 years and printed them FREE OF CHARGE!

So there is no need to call HSBC you do it yourself online....?:)

Hello there

Were you using the normal HSBC online banking or did you have something else set up?

I seem to remember a limit of how far you could go back in time

i went on line and managed to go back as far as april 2002 wehn i opend both my HSBC accounts...and was able to print off ALL statements FOC !! :)

HSBC BANK

LLOYDS TSB

still chasing, have submiited claim thru MCOl - date sent to my local court - claim is going ahead Jan 29th 2008 :(

CURRENTLY CHASING

HSBC (managed loan)

others won:

BOXCLEVER TV RENTAL, BHS STORECARD, BLACKHORSE FINANCE,HSBC PPI INSURANCE FOR SBL, PPI INSURNACE FO LLOYDS TSB LOAN,

when you log into your accoutn click on my statements, it shoudl give you a list of all this years monthly statements, theres a tab on the bottom called NEXT SET - keep clickign on this - it should keep taking you back to each 'set' / year!

let me know if this helps/works - it did for me!

HSBC BANK

LLOYDS TSB

CURRENTLY CHASING

HSBC (managed loan)

others won:

• 2 months later...

When I sent my S.A.R. with a cheque for a tenner to the HSBC they sent the cheque back to me and all my statements for the previous 6 years in :confused batches. Couldnt believe they didnt take this oppourtunity to take more of my cash:confused:

• 3 months later...
When I sent my S.A.R. with a cheque for a tenner to the HSBC they sent the cheque back to me and all my statements for the previous 6 years in :confused batches. Couldnt believe they didnt take this oppourtunity to take more of my cash:confused:

I couldn't believe it either! The only thing I could think was that maybe they were trying to use a psychological trick to make it seem they weren't at all worried by my request...

anyway, onto the next stage for me too :)

• 1 month later...