No CCA, do defaults drop of account and does debt become statute barred after 6 yrs?

tracy1975
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been on a DMP since June 2004 and have recently cca'd my creditors, most of which have been unable to provide a copy of the credit agreement and I have susequetly stopped paying them.

From what I understand, not being able to provide a copy of the credit agreement means that a creditor is unble enforce the debt, it does not mean that the debt not exist. Therefore, the lack of agreement can not be used to get any defaults relating to the debt removed. However, as any defaults relating to my accounts would have, presumably, been issued in 2004, this being the time i got in to difficulty, will they subsequently be removed from my file 6 years from the date of issue (2010), or will the defaults stay on my file indefinatly as a result of not being paid due to the lack of agreement?

I also understand that if the creditors are in the future able to provide me with a copy of the agreement then they are able to enforce the debt. Am I right in thinking that they will not be able to do this after 6 years, as the debt becomes statute barred?

Thanks,

Tracy.

subscribing. The answers you get will answer a few of my questions too.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR