LB Bromley PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could someone advise if this PCN is compliant. Personally I dont think it is because of the ambiguity in the dates for service, if that makes sense.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/Bikerman//Pen-charge.docx

I'm not sure about the ambiguity you are referring to. They give you 21 says from the date of service. AIUI the date of service will be the date of the notice plus 1 or 2 days (can't remember exactly what the presumption is.)

However I think the notice is required to say date of service but !'m not 100% on that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure about the ambiguity you are referring to. They give you 21 says from the date of service. AIUI the date of service will be the date of the notice plus 1 or 2 days (can't remember exactly what the presumption is.)

However I think the notice is required to say date of service but !'m not 100% on that.

Absolutely not. To do so would make it ambiguous. They would be presumimg a date of service and hence prejudicing you.

They could put a date of 'presumed' service as long as they then go on to inform you that it may be refuted.

Regs actually say 2 working days unless the contrary is proven.

By not putting anything they are fully compliant because the correct description of the 28 and 21 day periods is all that is mandatory.

-

Im sure that I had seen a TFL notice that was worded the same and the general consensus was that it was not compliant because of the wording regarding the date of service.

Did have a search around but couldnt find it.

Sorry ambiguos was the wrong word to have used

As it happens this took nearly a week to arrive assuming it was posted the same day as the date of notice.

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

As it happens this took nearly a week to arrive assuming it was posted the same day as the date of notice.

Very relevant - but problematical.

This postal issue was discussed recently on another forum. Problem is that most authorities use bulk mailing systems. i had the same situation personally a few months back. The envelopes are never postmarked so useless.

Point is, the law is very clear: Date of Notice must be the same as Date of Posting but quite how you go about proving it wasn't is beyond me.

PS you still haven't shown the rest of the PCN? Try 'tinypic' this time for direct imaging please.

-