My experience with Euro Car Parks & G24 (update)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Within relative quick succession I had received a ticket from Euro Car Parks, and an invoice from G24 (via ANPR)

Due to the comments and suggestions from this site, I ignored every subsequent letter that was sent from both. Here's what's happened thus far....

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Euro Car Parks

14th July 08 Original ticket issued on vehicle

14th Aug 08 - Received a 28 day warning

1st Sep 08 - Received letter from Euro Car Park debt collectors

qweasd123123.jpg

15th Sep 08 Notice of an intention to make a civil claim

qweasd123124.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

G24

15th Aug 08 - Received initial £95 invoice

1346798qwe.jpg

30th Aug 08 Received a FINAL REMINDER

g24.jpg

26th Sep 08 - Received letter from G24's debt collectors

134679852qweasd.jpg

17th Oct 080 - G4's dept collectors telling me not to ignore them

qweasdzxc.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

To date, I have received no further correspondence from either

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15th Sept G24 state "as the registered keeper/owner/hirer/driver of the vehicle at the time of the above contravention you are responsible for the payment of the Parking Charge Notice"

and on 30th G24 further state in item 3 "as th registered owner/keeper of the vehicle (or the person who was hiring the vehicle at the time that the PCN was issued) you are legally liable for the parking charge even if you were not the driver at the time.

Since when did the RK become "responsible" and "legally liable" for an alledged civil breach of contract? Be great to let them present that in a court p.s. if they let you take it that far. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

OMG p.s. that is so generous of them to allow you not to have to pay the additional £40 court costs that they have not yet incurred!

I think you should give this offer careful consideration for at least 2 seconds before you dismiss their kindness and regret not doing so for the rest of your life. :D

they included a pre-paid envelope this time. I'm taking suggestions of what to put in it an return it to them.

Whatever it is, it will be returned over weight/size so they'll have to pay a fine ;-)

they included a pre-paid envelope this time. I'm taking suggestions of what to put in it an return it to them.

Whatever it is, it will be returned over weight/size so they'll have to pay a fine ;-)

Try sending them a brick in a box with their pre-paid envelope stuck to it.

• 3 weeks later...

qwe1346798522.jpg

In addition, and I am totally convinced this is either G24 or Euro Carparks "Phishing" for confirmation of my details and probably more importantly my phone number. Arrived in hand-written envelope... Anyone else had this, is it a new tactic on their part ?

Still ignoring it all though.......

• Haha 1

As I'm dealing with (genuine) debt letters being sent to an ex-tenant of mine, I can confirm that one of their tactics is to issue letters about "messages" that you can access by phoning a number and giving a reference.

Sounds like you're having fun p.s. I think this thread should become a sticky as people will be able to see in full colour the ineffectiveness of these letters - though I guess a more permanent host for the images would be required.

• Haha 1

In addition, and I am totally convinced this is either G24 or Euro Carparks "Phishing" for confirmation of my details and probably more importantly my phone number. Arrived in hand-written envelope... Anyone else had this, is it a new tactic on their part ?

It is a paper based 'phish'. They are trying to find out your details for G24/Euro. Obviously, ignore!

Hillside Services Ltd

Clifton House

Clifton Mills

Bailiff Bridge

Brighouse

HD6 4JJ

Phone: 01484 722995

Fax: 01484 723016

Email: [email protected]

Link: New Page 1

Service: AGJMT

Area: UK

Region: NE

Type: Full

If I wanted to chase somebody for money for my business, [i'm a window cleaner, not a PPC], this thread demonstrates which collection firms I should avoid, like the plague!

I can only imagine that having their gross ineptitude published like this must cause them extreme embarrassment.

If I worked for such crap employers, I'd look for another job, quick, I wouldn't want to be associated with them.

Sam the Eagle

• Haha 1

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

qwe1346798522.jpg

Name & Registered Office @ Companies House:

HILLSIDE SERVICES LIMITED

CLIFTON HOUSE

CLIFTON MILLS BAILIFF BRIDGE

BRIGHOUSE

WEST YORKSHIRE

HD6 4JJ

Company No. 03872713

Registered Office on "Phishing" letter:

57-61 MARKET PLACE

CANNOCK

STAFFS

WS11 1BP

Company No. 3872713

Very naughty - They should be reported to Comapnies House and earn themselves upto a £5000 fine! - lol :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for showing us copies of all the demand notices. You are doing a great service.

I got my "Charge Certificate" from G24 last Saturday and do not intend to pay until a court tells me to. I googled G24 and was amazed at the amount of advice out there. Now I know what to expect from them I will be better equipped mentally to handle it. At the end of the day it wil be £70 plus some costs and as I am a pensioner I can ask to pay in installments, like about £5 per month so really its not a big problem. In the meantime I'm going to write to my MP about the Data protection angle and to our local mayor who I know personally, to see if Aldi have the necessary license to operate a private parking lot. I believe also that CCTV cameras also need permissions. Anyway the object is to stir enough to get these extorsionists out of our town.

As this thing progresses I'll keep posting

In the meantime I'm going to write to my MP about the Data protection angle and to our local mayor who I know personally, to see if Aldi have the necessary license to operate a private parking lot. I believe also that CCTV cameras also need permissions. Anyway the object is to stir enough to get these extorsionists out of our town.

Absolutly agree.

You may find the following links of interest too:

DVLA investigating themsleves!:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dvla/169919-dvla-investigation.html#post1832587

Recent DVLA complaining letter by CAG member:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/97586-civil-enforcement-ltd-again-32.html#post1867470

DVLA profiting!:

(and next post Bernie_the_Bolt giving link to his updated template complaint letter)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dvla/123302-dvla-should-sued-under-3.html#post1440568

:-D

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think that they will do anything else.

The worst case scenario is that they will sue. This is a civil and not a criminal matter so that they will have to apply to a county court. If the court accepts their claim, it will be transferred to a county court where you live, so if they want to attend the court it will cost them travel expenses and solicitors fees. In the small claims court, even if you lose you are only responsible for the costs of the court and are not liable for the claimants legal costs and expenses. Most small claims defendants defend themselves or better still go to the Citizens advice bureau for help and they will advise you for free. If you pay a solicitor you are responsible for their costs even if you win.

Its ok to ignore G24's letters, but if the court contacts you obviously you must respond. There are apparently two forms to reply with, depending on whether you accept the claim or intend to contest it. Remember, your credit reference will only be affected if you have a judgment against you and you fail to pay, so to use this as a threat is harassment.

My conclusion is that it would cost them more in expenses to go to court than what they could recuperate if they win.

The following link is useful reading:

Small claims

My update is that I have just received the notification that I now owe them £70.00

The mayor was disgusted and suggests I contact the local press.

A couple of weeks ago I went into Aldi, spoke to the manager and asked if he had received a lot of complaints about the parking situation with G24. He replied that he had received some and did I have a problem? I told him that I did and that I thought G24 were operating too close to the line between legality and illegality. I told him also that I was going to make a big fuss in the local press. He then told me that Aldi had made a big mistake in appointing G24 and were not going to renew the contract with them this year. He even asked me if I could suggest a better way of running a private car park!!

There are a couple of local stores operating pay and display machines with tickets in two halves, one to stick on the windscreen and the other can be used for a refund of the first hour when you buy in the store. Any suggestions out there?

• 3 weeks later...

They probably won't bother. As far as I can see, to take this to the small claims court would cost them more in expenses than they will recuperate. Even if they introduce the case at their local county court, it will be transferred to your local court. In the small claims court the claimant (G24) is responsible for their own costs and cannot claim from you even if they win so really all these letters are bluff. If they have a case why don't they just send it to the court.

I've already received the first CCSCollect letter. What is curious is that the letter was dated about 15 days before I actually got it , so the deadline to avoid legal action has already gone. This is probably designed to stampede me into paying or calling them so that they can get my number from 1471 :lol:

I absolutely agree with the advice not to worry. It's vanishingly unlikely that they will actually take anyone to court, and even more unlikely that they would win.

However, my understanding was that a successful party could have their expenses (not fees for legal advice or representation) awarded against the losing party. So, worst case, there could be reasonable travel and subsistence expenses plus the winner's court fees to pay. Am I wrong?

Abo

Thanks Abo. You are right. I read through the following

Small claims

which I found interesting, but probably read it too quickly, but the point I was making is that any small claims court action would have to be in my town, so G24 would have to make the trip here with no certainty of winning and being able to claim travel expenses.

They can of course present their claim by letter, but then I will have the judge's undivided attention.

Lamma just mentioned the word "scared". I must admit that for a law abiding citizen this kind of problem does cause some anxiety, but you just have to grit your teeth, right is might as they say. As you can guess from my pseudonym I am an old pensioner. I lived for many years in a lawless third world country in South America. I've been mugged at gun point. American Express sent an armed debt collector to my house once in the 1980's. I was arrested and spent a day in jail on a trumped up charge when I evicted someone who hadn't paid the rent for 6 months. What can G24 do to me?

So for those of you younger guys out there with a Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice, sweat it out. Just by resisting and even having to go to court (extremely unlikely) you will have won, because the way these people operate is not right, it is unjust. English law is supposed to be fair and dates from the Magna Carta and there has to be another way. We must make a stand against these bullies, and by doing so you will feel good.