Equifax and Payment History

outline

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just had a letter from Scottcall demanding payment for an old debt that I was unaware of. So I checked on Experian and Equifax to find out what on earth it is. Nothing on Experian, but something on Equifax that does not make sense.

It seems that Equifax have me down as making payments in 2001 up until September, then missing payments until April 2002 and then recommencing payments until January 2003 where it states SATISFIED/SETTLED. This can't be the case as I have not worked since September 2001 as I damaged my back and became a full-time househusband. So really it should read no payments since September 2001!

There is no default date on the file, just a satisifed date of 2003.

How can there be payments registered when I had defaulted in 2001 when I stopped working. Would this not have dropped off my credit report by now had it not shown satisfied in 2003?

Is there anytihng I can do about it?

Will the debt be 'Statute Barred'?

All help appreciated.

If the credit file is accurate (which knowing the CRAs is by no means certain) the debt with be statute barred in the new year.

Going off your version of events, it already is. What is the alleged debt for? If it is something covered by the CCA it may be worth firing a CCA request off just to keep them off balance for the few extra months needed

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court