Help please! Now phone calls at work!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there-we live in Scotland and are currently going through the Trust Deed process. However, RMA are calling us on behalf of MBNA relentlessly, and now calling my husband at his work everyday. Have phoned both RMA and MBNA and told them in no uncertain terms that this was unacceptable, called ICO today as well, as thing MBNA had no business passing work phone numbers over to a third party without our permission. They were quite understanding actually, and didn't seem too impressed by this tactic, said something along the lines of, if we are still dealing (paying) MBNA then they shouldn't be involving 3rd parties etc. Am sure I read on here somewhere that we can tell them to communicate by letter only? Is this true? Would be grateful for any advice, debt is enough hassle in itself, without pointless harrassment ( and downright cheek from some of them!) Thanks for any replies ( ps promise to donate next time I've credit in my paypal account:)

Harassment by telephone - Consumer Wiki

Here you go. Throw one of these at them by recorded or special delivery.

As usual, keep your postage receipts, and use the post office track and trace system so that you know when the letter has been delivered.

Good luck

HB x

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Keep us informed of what happens.

If you need anymore help just shout. :D

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Hi Dorisbiglugs (that's a great name by the way!)

You say that you are going through a trust deed - have you actully signed up? If so, ask your Trustee to send them a copy of the circular which is being/has been sent to all of your creditors as a matter of urgency.

Kind regards

Moonlighter

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970

Just a quick point. Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 does not apply to Scotland, so you will get no protection from this. That being said you still have the right to insist that all communication is in writing only.

As Moonlighter states it would be useful to know how far along the trust deed process you are. Do try to get your trustee involved and emphasis the urgency of the matter.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.