Natwest/rbs/triton mint creditcard debt

olliepup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Stop sending them quids.

You only need to do it once, to whoever was demanding money. They have to forward the request.

The most you have to do after that is remind them that they are in default of your request

The address is not the correct one!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the original quid went to Natwest, they haven't complied so i'll just remind them it is in default and that they can not legally try to collect money when the account is in dispute, is that right.

Many thanks to contributors to this thread.

Olliepup

They cannot ask for payment whilst they are in default of your CCA request

• 4 months later...

Hi all and Happy New Year to everyone.

Well all had been quiet on this Natwest debt until receiving a letter from Regal DCA, bright red letter type thing demanding full settlement or they will advise their client of further action should be taken.

Account still in dispute as before so maybe time for the bemused letter to them now??

Anyone dealt with Regal??

Could be another paper exercise.

Any views welcome.

Cheers Olliepup.

I got a bright red letter from Regal Credit this morning. They are demanding payment for a Natwest Credit Card Account.

I have never had a Natwest Credit Card. :confused:

Unfortunately I was so incensed I called and left them a message before I had noticed that you are charged 10p a minute for calling their number. :(

Still I'm sure I managed to say what I wanted to within that minute - ending with "Now just bugger off." :D

I got a bright red letter from Regal Credit this morning. They are demanding payment for a Natwest Credit Card Account.

Unfortunately I was so incensed I called and left them a message before I had noticed that you are charged 10p a minute for calling their number. :(

Still I'm sure I managed to say what I wanted to within that minute - ending with "Now just bugger off." :D

Hehe...... We keep getting Regal calling at work for some fella that nobodys ever heard of - given that theres only 5 of us that work there and the branch has only been open a year I'm guessing Regal have bought themselves some corrupt data.

They call so often now and tie the phone lines up that the companys legal dept have pinged them a cease and desist notice or we'll see you in court for the loss of business......... can't wait for the next call now :D

:D

And Hi to olliepup - I've just been back to the beginning of the thread to see who started it as I got here by doing a search on Regal.

Regal very kindly sent me a Business Reply envelope too, so I'll write to them too as they'll be paying for the postage. Well, when I say "write", I mean I shall just send them a copy of their letter and scribble a couple of words on it.

:D

Regal very kindly sent me a Business Reply envelope too, so I'll write to them too as they'll be paying for the postage. Well, when I say "write", I mean I shall just send them a copy of their letter and scribble a couple of words on it.

Make sure you wrap it around a couple of house bricks first...... would be nice to get their monies worth out of the post :eek:

Hi to Olliepup too :D

Hi there!

I still haven't done anything about this one! yeah write two words on it one starting with F ....

Haven't heard anything else but noticed some code on the letter that was RB something or other, so pressume it's a in house DCA for RBS??

I may just send the bemused letter recorded and send a turd back in their pre paid envelope!

Olliepup.

and now they have your number!1 Doh!

• 2 months later...

Hi folks!

Regal are still bleating on about this, i sent them a letter stating they have not supplied a valid CCA nor have original creditor since i requested it months and months ago!

Told them they cannot legally collect any money until this is supplied and not to bother sending any doorstep collectors or i will call the Police.

I got a letter back from them today saying thank you for your recent communication but you forgot to include a proposal for repayment of this debt, also can you include a statement of finances to see if we will accept your offer etc etc.

WTF are they that thick??

Surely with no CCA they CANNOT try and collect and they know they can't??

Should i just write back and say the reason i have not included a proposal as you are in no legal position to request payment until a valid CCA is produced.

You have no right to request financial statements.

Should i invite them to take me to court for the debt with no CCA?

This lot have made me angry.

Many thanks

Erm yes, they are that thick. :D

I sent almost the same letter, including the bit about calling the police, and not having a valid CCA, and they just wrote back and said they wanted the money anyway. So I have written back again explaining why they can't have it. I've had three letters so far, and most DCAs go away after three attempts, so maybe I won't hear from them again.

So why would it be worth issuing proceedings if they can't obtain a judgement??

Won't it cost them money?

To be honest if they want to take it to court they can, least i'll try the no CCA defence and i'll get a chance to offer what i can really afford which isn't much so they will be on a hiding to nothing.

Is there a letter to send regarding their position with no cca?