Natwest/rbs/triton mint creditcard debt

olliepup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What is that exactly monty? and what does it entail?

Are they breaking the law?

I thought it was my legal right to pay 10 pounds to request this information?

I'm assuming they owe abit in charges as i remember them piling them on!

They are fobbing you off. If you have sent off the standard SAR letter plus ten quid then they have to comply within 40 days. They are given this time since documents are held in a variety of formats and different filing systems. They are telling you that they don't have to supply this but they have a legal obligation to go and retrieve this information. When I have requested this from Amex, BCard, Crap1 etc they have supplied ALL statements, application/agreement, computer records (printable) and screen copies plus copies of hand written notes.

So you should go to the ICO site and download the complaint form and send it in with a copy of the fob off letter that you received. The ICO will have them comply and fine them too.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i'd not pay them anything until someone on here varifies you Do have a good agreement copy with all the required bits in your possesion.

as for the expences sheet, i'd not tell them anything about the property you own either, as for the other loans, well that is up to you, but the more the merrier & the less it will show is available to them..

i'd PM rory32 or one of the other wonderful helpers to look over the agreement for you.

whatever you do, pay them what you can comfortably afford PCM and nothing more, stick by your guns. but keep paying it regardless.

even if they say they will not accept it, just do it.

that way if it ever gets to court, the judge will laugh them out the door.

but that will be a long way off.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

RBS/Natwest, CMS and their solicitors all share the same office in Telford.

I believe the solicitors are properly qualified however they are all salaried employees of RBS/NW.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

I'll have to try and scan in the agreement, it has dates, rates, diff clauses, my sig and theirs.

With the way house prices are going there wouldn't be enough equity to pay them all off!

I got a letter from green & co solicitors regarding the other debt for 11k with natwest but they sent that even when they haven't complied with my CCA request and it's past the 12 plus 2 now.

I'll see if i can scan it to email from the wifes work computer and maybe email it to rory?

Thanks.

Oh the they wanted to know mortgage roll number too! not giving them all that.

Cheers for tha monty.

So no point in writing to NatWest again? just go straight to the commisioners?

Yes it was a letter of here with a cheque.

Yes, you can either download the form from the ICO website or complete it on-line, you will need to provide your request (I assume it is a CAG standard SAR request) and your response.

What a load of tripe!!!!

Why don't you write back and explain you only pay creditors that are in your relevant filing system and unfortunately they don't fit in with your intention to pay mentality so on this occasion you will not pay them another dime!!!!:D

Lowell Financial (Monument) No CCA - File Closed ** WON**:D

1st Credit (Citi Financial) No CCA - Credit Report Marked 'Satisfied' ** WON **:D

American Express No CCA - Pending

RBS Mint No CCA - Pending

CL Finance (Morgan Stanley) No CCA - In Court:eek:

HSBC - No CCA - In Court:eek:

Link Financial (MBNA) No CCA - Pending

Hi, I sent the Data Protection act 1998 Subject Access Request off this site, someone recommended it but can't remember who.

It asked for signed agreements.

Transcriptions of phone calls.

History of manual intervention.

True copies of default notice or enforcement notice.

Details of and insurance added to the account.

Details of collection charges, and breakdown of how charges were calculated.

Details of fees added by any other agencies.

A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data required by data protection act 1998.

A list of third party agencies whom they have disclosed data to.

Copies of statements for the entire duration of the agreement, e.g the two bank accounts i'm claiming for.

I thought when i got copies of all my statements i could go through add up all the charges then try and claim them back?

I enclosed 10 quid cheque and told them they had 40 days to comply, they haven't complied at all and haven't sent one single bit of information back!

Got a reply back today after sending the letter posted on here, Green & Co said they are not fully instructed by Triton and i should of posted it to them as they stated in their last letter!

Funny that as their last letter opened up with 'We have been instructed by our clients Triton'

And the last paragraph said if i don't pay within 7 days they will likely be instructed.

Maybe someone started the letter and someone finished it?

Have to see what Triton come back with!

Hi, I wrote a really strong letter (like the one above) to Green & Co Solicitors about 6 months ago, and never had any more correspondance from either Trition or Green. But Saturday received another letter from another Solicitor Triton passed it on to so Sunday just copied the same strong letter sent to Green and Co and hoping that will be the end of it again for a while.

Just keep to the game plan

Lynn

They still haven't cashed my cheque for the CCA i requested by recorded post so don't know whats going on with that.

Last time i fell out with Triton i didn't hear from them for nearly 2 years, haven't payed them anything for that long either, so have to see they admit to not having CCA or just call their bluff and invite them to take me to court?

Got a reply back today after sending the letter posted on here, Green & Co said they are not fully instructed by Triton and i should of posted it to them as they stated in their last letter!

Funny that as their last letter opened up with 'We have been instructed by our clients Triton'

And the last paragraph said if i don't pay within 7 days they will likely be instructed.

Maybe someone started the letter and someone finished it?

Have to see what Triton come back with!

So they were instructed by their client to write to say that they mey be instructed to do something else ... like crawl back into their little hole under the rocks.

Don't they have anything better to do.

Presumably they think "likely" is more scary than "might"

Triton are owned by RBoS, Green are employees of RBoS. I think that they can sort out your CCA request via their internal mail!

Surely they have a duty to pass on replies to their client!

They did say they would pass on my letter off this thread to Triton and they would reply direct!

Sounded like they wanted to wash their hands of it for now anyway, i'm sure Triton will come back with some tosh, they still haven't complied and until they do can get lost!

They did say they would pass on my letter off this thread to Triton and they would reply direct!

Sounded like they wanted to wash their hands of it for now anyway, i'm sure Triton will come back with some tosh, they still haven't complied and until they do can get lost!

Hi, first off, you are entitled by law to request a copy of the "agreement from "Whomever is pursuing you for money", from the CUPTR regs which came into force in May this year.

So they are wrong on that.

Second, you say you sent them a cheque, not a good idea, it has your signature on it, i think its possible to lift these (allegedly), always just type your name, don't sign (unless to the court).

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

I Actually did a slightly diff signature on the cheque so i would know if they did that, it would cash alright as they rarely check them for such small amounts, but yes maybe a postal order be better next time!!

They must be idiots writing to me then saying they are not instructed.

I'm looking forward to see what triton say now.

Right got a reply from Miss H Bennet, obviously the letter i sent to green has been passed onto Triton and triton have passed it back to NatWest as it was on their headed paper.

This is what she said..

Our response to a request under the Credit Consumer Act s78 stipulates that we should respond within 12 working days. However, there is an additional deadline of a further month for us to send our response and our response will be sent accordingly within these timescales.

I therefore respectively request you refrain from sending such letters ( she means the one above) as a response will be sent.

All further 'dispute' and 'chaser' letters received from you whereby we have yet to send our reponse in the time allowed (as advised above) will not be acknowleged by us.

We do not consider any account to be in dispute and your indebtness on the account remains due and payable.

I trust this clarifies matters for you.

So it's ok for them to send threatening letters from in house solicitors but i'm not aloowed to reply in a strong fashion either???

Really annoying!

And what's all this about a extra month on the CCA request? is she getting confused with Subject Access Request request??

Maybe they will refrain from sending letters from ****on and crapwest.

Anyone got any views on the content of this letter?

Thanks Olliepup

That month no longer applies, it changed earlier this year, so in that they are quite incorrect. As I understand it they USED to have a calendar month to produce the CA before it became a criminal offence, not that anyone ever actually used that line, but like I said it changed ealrier this year and just the 12+2 applies now. I would write back and advise them of that if someonecan find the correct legislation change - not on my rig atm so I can't.

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Our response to a request under the Credit Consumer Act s78 stipulates that we should respond within 12 working days. However, there is an additional deadline of a further month for us to send our response and our response will be sent accordingly within these timescales.

Ask them to "stipulate" from which law this mythical extra month comes from.

"I therefore respectively request you refrain from sending such letters ( she means the one above) as a response will be sent."

Oooooooooooh scary! Bring it on honey!

I get scarier things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

"All further 'dispute' and 'chaser' letters received from you whereby we have yet to send our reponse in the time allowed (as advised above) will not be acknowleged by us."

CCA74/06 allows you 12+days, your time is up.

"We do not consider any account to be in dispute and your indebtness on the account remains due and payable."

It matters not what you "consider". You gonna have to convince a judge if you think you're hard enough.

I will, of course be delighted to draw the Court's attention to this letter, should the opportunity present itself.

'We are not fully instructed' = this is just more bullsh1t from the same address as NatWest/RBS and the dormant company in-house DCA Triton. I wonder if anyone is actually employed by Greens, or if they paid by the parent company, in the same way that DG Sols are actually HSBC staff.

These cretins must think their correspondents are as stupid as they are.

Good skills for getting up their pompous corporate nose.

When writing back, just start the letter: 'Dear NatWest/RBS/Triton/Greens'

Thanks for the replies!

Noom should i put that in my letter.....i get more scary things in my breakfast cereals heh heh!

Rayne thanks, Might be worth informing them of this new legislation?

Or just wait to see what they come back with?

They still haven't cashed the cheque for a quid yet for the CCA and they have had it since 10th Nov!

Miss Bennett sounds like a right hard nut!

If they can't or don't produce there is not alot they can do?

See what they come back with in 'Their' said month!

Maybe i should just inform them they are incorrect and put Merry Christmas on the bottom of the letter!

Olliepup.

I have found 8 out of 10 don't cash any CCA/SAR cheques. They don't want the paper trail. Cahoot have had my SAR cheque for 14 months - Still not been cashed and never will be.

Green and Co gave up very quickly in my case:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/greenco.jpg

To which i wrote:

" In reference to your recent communication I must advise you that the above account is currently in lawful and reasonable dispute and that neither Royal Bank of Scotland or Triton Credit Services have supplied me with the correct documentation which i am legally entitled to after several requests.

I am currently awaiting further information which, depending upon it’s content, Court action may be instigated on my part therefore i suggest you seek advice from your client and/or await the outcome of any possible Court proceedings."

I never heard from them again. :)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Cheers Davey that's very interesting.

I have today received a letter from NatWest regarding my CCA request, it came with the usual stuff saying they have complied and what they have sent complies with the CCA.

So what they sent me was a 'Application Form' which i had signed back in 96, no terms etc on the form just a application.

They also sent a letter saying here is your new card, sign and destroy your old card, your limit is 10k.

That was the limit at the end of the cards life, at the start i think it was 500 quid.

They also sent some separate terms and conditions of old, and some of new including text updates etc which wasn't the case back in 96.

So what i really want to know is wether a application form that i have signed will stand in court?

Separate terms and conditions with no signature on?

Nothing that had a sig with terms, rates, etc altogether.

Advice would be good in what i should send back and if it sounds like a rubbish CCA fulfilment?

I'm defo going to be a donator to this site as it has been a wealth of information....thanks.

Olliepup

So what they sent me was a 'Application Form' which i had signed back in 96...

Scan it, take out any identifying information like name, address, amounts, account number, barcode, reference number etc. and post it up. Chances are that an 'application form' isn't good enough as it's not a full document for the T's & C's for a CCA regulated agreement.

If there are no terms on the form you signed then it sounds like they have failed, as usual. A good reply can be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/172071-letter-co-solicitors.html#post1856406, with thanks to IdainFife.

I'd suggest putting the account into dispute, with this letter, as it will stop them passing it through the chain of DCA's who would delight in sending nasty letters and making unwanted phone calls etc.

If they do want to argue about it, they will let you know I'm sure - but don't hold your breath!

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.