Letter Sent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The post is open for your questions, you will only feel less daunted when you udnerstand what you are sending... so just choose out of the letter what you don't understand, make a list and post here and we'll do our best to asnwer them ;)

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blindman

IMHO the letter is too wordy and repeats what (hopefully) you put in the first letter.

Do not assume the Halifax actually read these letters, I've found they reply with a standard letter which bears no relation to your requests!

My version would be

YOUR NAME

ADDRESS

ADDRESS

POST CODE

27 April 2006

BANK NAME

ADDRESS

ADDRESS

POST CODE

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter and offer dated XX APRIL 2006.

I do not accept your offer of £XXX as a full and final settlement, but will in this instance accept this amount as an interim payment, against the full amount requested of £XXX.

As stated in my first letter dated Insert Prelim letter date I calculate that you have taken £Amount in fees and interest charges over Time period you are claiming

I require that this sum plus interest owed should be refunded forthwith.

If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

YOUR NAME

It worked for me

Reply to whatever name and address was posted on your letter, it'll get there ;0)

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to whatever name and address was posted on your letter, it'll get there ;0)

Just an update for you!

I sent the Letter Before Action on the 27/04/2006 via recorded delivery.

Have been checking with Royal Mail to see if the Halifax have received it and all I get is

Recorded Signed For™ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent first or second class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.

Information on your item is not yet available online.

I had given them 14 days to reply to this letter. This date has passed

What do I do now?

I knew that it would go wrong when I claimed - something always goes wrong for me!

Please reply!

I wouldn't worry too much about it not showing up on Royal Mail as being delivered, if they have delivered a batch of mail it is unlikely they will have got a signature, you can prove you sent it.

I would file with money claim now!

Good Luck!

I wouldn't worry too much about it not showing up on Royal Mail as being delivered, if they have delivered a batch of mail it is unlikely they will have got a signature, you can prove you sent it.

I would file with money claim now!

Good Luck!

But what if they haven't actually received it?

It was sent recorded and should be signed for.

Getting worried again now :(

But what if they haven't actually received it?

It was sent recorded and should be signed for.

Getting worried again now :(

IF they have received it they will probably just ignore it anyway..... they have ignored mine, and I know for sure they have it!! Will be going to moneyclaim in the next couple of days (soon as I get my head round this interest thing :()

IF they have received it they will probably just ignore it anyway..... they have ignored mine, and I know for sure they have it!! Will be going to moneyclaim in the next couple of days (soon as I get my head round this interest thing :()

Just need re-assurance that I'm doing the right thing really!

I was going to go for the £207 they'd offered me.

But was persuaded to carry on with my claim.

Stick with it and go with your deadline. It might well be that Royal Mail delivered it without a signature but with all of us on here the poor receptionist at Halifax HQ is probably spending the first 3 hours of her day signing for our letters!!

Don't worry about it and stick to your deadline. You would have only got a standard response if anything anyway. There are lots of people in the same situation as you remember so go for it!

Stick with it and go with your deadline. It might well be that Royal Mail delivered it without a signature but with all of us on here the poor receptionist at Halifax HQ is probably spending the first 3 hours of her day signing for our letters!!

Don't worry about it and stick to your deadline. You would have only got a standard response if anything anyway. There are lots of people in the same situation as you remember so go for it!

But what if they haven't received it?

Aren't I jumping the gun a bit?

I really don't mean to be negative here, but you asked advice - three separate people have given you the same answer, and yet you seem not to be hearing it. I would suggest you have two alternatives a) post another letter to satisfy your own concerns. b) take the advice given.

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

I really don't mean to be negative here, but you asked advice - three separate people have given you the same answer, and yet you seem not to be hearing it. I would suggest you have two alternatives a) post another letter to satisfy your own concerns. b) take the advice given.

I'm sorry that I seem concerned.

I don't want to end up in court and find out that i slipped up with a little detail.

Its fine to be concerned, we have all been there. But, if you ask for advice and receive the same answer from 3 different sources, and don't act on that advice, then the only other solution is to start again to satisfy yourself that all the steps have been taken diligently in order that in the very unlikely event that you go to court you will not slip up on a small detail. I would say though that as you have your proof of posting you should be ok. The mail was sent in good faith and if you read all of the postings re Halifax on the site, then you will note that most letters do not get acknowledged by them. I didn't even check if my own recorded delivery letters had been signed for by them - I just stuck to my timetable and my account is now £1700 better off for it!

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

Don't mean to be rude but it was 2 people, and colour-me-happy used

"IF they have received it they will probably just ignore it anyway....."

Its fine to be concerned, we have all been there. But, if you ask for advice and receive the same answer from 3 different sources, and don't act on that advice, then the only other solution is to start again to satisfy yourself that all the steps have been taken diligently in order that in the very unlikely event that you go to court you will not slip up on a small detail. I would say though that as you have your proof of posting you should be ok. The mail was sent in good faith and if you read all of the postings re Halifax on the site, then you will note that most letters do not get acknowledged by them. I didn't even check if my own recorded delivery letters had been signed for by them - I just stuck to my timetable and my account is now £1700 better off for it!

And here you are saying that

you should be ok.

I'm just concerned that's all.

Some of you may have more experience with dealing with courts than me, this is all very new and daunting. I'm just a little bit weary and nervous about slipping up.

So the general consensus is that I've sent the letter recorded, it hasn't been signed for, go for the money claim.

Yes

Thanks everyone for your help, but I think I'll be leaving it.

Have tried asking for advice and looked around this site for guidance and it's all over my head.

I don't understand how to fill the bloomin moneyclaim website in.

Thank you

Thanks everyone for your help, but I think I'll be leaving it.

Have tried asking for advice and looked around this site for guidance and it's all over my head.

I don't understand how to fill the bloomin moneyclaim website in.

Thank you

Sorry you feel like that, but you need to go with your instinct, if you feel you can't continue then that is your decision.

• 1 month later...
  • 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks