11 Year old claim - "write off ?"

Brainless Idiot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As a new poster here - I hope that someone can advise me on whether the Benefits Office can reclaim a sum of money (ICB) that I claimed 11 years ago - I was repaid my normal wages by my employers (eventually) for this period - I did inform the benefits office at the time and have since discovered that I should have repaid my ICB ?

Is there a maximum time after which they "write it off" ?

Unfortunately they can.

I received a letter about 18 months ago regarding over payment of benfits from 17 years ago. I tried to appeal it and also asked the local welfare rights officer for help.........all to no avail.

They say you can fill in an income and expenditure form so that they can decide whether what you offer to pay back is acceptable, but beware....

If you are on benefits, they are entitled to take 1/3 of your money.

I filled in an i/e form twice, both times they claim they did not receive it and the result is they are taking 1/3 of my care allowance.

• Haha 1

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR