Buy 3 Items - Get Cheapest One Free - Watchout

Mossycat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also Woolies own brand range on toys, anything from 99p to about £50, buy 2 get the cheapest free, they do this promotion sparodically throughout the year.

Good tip Mossy, I never really thought about it before, a rep well deserved me thinks :)

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

ok i think there has been some confussion over the boots 3 for 2 offer.

yes if you by 3 gifts the chapest is free but if you by multipuls of 3 then what ever the thrid highest priced gift is free.

This is always how it has worked for me and i have never been over charged.

Boots

that is the link to the catalogue page for the explination of the free gift.

Sorry you want pages 6-7

Edited by The GodMother
adding the page numbers

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

ok i think there has been some confussion over the boots 3 for 2 offer.

yes if you by 3 gifts the chapest is free but if you by multipuls of 3 then what ever the thrid highest priced gift is free.

This is always how it has worked for me and i have never been over charged.

Boots

that is the link to the catalogue page for the explination of the free gift.

Then Boots have changed the way their software works, I know for a fact that last Christmas it wasn't doing this because I bought 9 items and my mind calculated what I should pay, when the tills charged me higher I asked for them to be re-put through in mulitiples of 3 (ie the 3 highest together).

Kudos to Boots if they have changed it though

Mossy

You would still need to be careful as to what order you put the items through in order to get the best deal, though.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

You would still need to be careful as to what order you put the items through in order to get the best deal, though.

Now why didn't I think of doing that :confused::confused::confused:

Mossy

(Did you actually read the original post?)

I have never had any problems lik u describe with boots or any other company.

I do tons of shopping at boots especially christmas and trust me i have NEVER had a discount problem.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Boots have for the past few years always give every 3rd item free.

ie. buy 9 items and the 3rd, 6th & 9th dearest are free.

My wife has worked there for years and says that every xmas people are always putting things through in 3's when there really is no need.

OK, here's a logical example:

If you have 6 items, £1, £2, £3, £4, £5, £6.

If you put them through in that order you will save £5 (the £1 and the £4).

However, if you put them through as £1, £2 and £6 and then £3, £4 and £5 you would only save £4 (the £1 and the £3).

Does that make sense?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

No because that is not how it works.

It has been the same offer for years. I have been buying stuff from there for years u see.

what ever order you put them threw at the 3rd and 6th one will be free.

this even works on multipulls of 3 so if you buy 12 gifts numbers 3 6 9 12 PRICE WISE will be free.

i know i brought from there 2 days ago and i brought 12 girfts of which the system worked how i wanted it to.

Boots have for the past few years always give every 3rd item free.

ie. buy 9 items and the 3rd, 6th & 9th dearest are free.

My wife has worked there for years and says that every xmas people are always putting things through in 3's when there really is no need.

Just to clarify Boots last year (2007) I bought 6 items and paid for all 6 in one go, I realised the till had made the two cheapest items free so I asked for it to be re-rung in 2 lots of 3 items (ie the 3 dearest and then the 3 cheapest). This made it cheaper for me.

IF BOOTS HAVE NOW CHANGED THEIR POS SOFTWARE TO ACCOMODATE THIS THEN KUDOS TO THEM, BUT NOT ALL STORES MAY HAVE DONE THIS.

Mossy

Not been on here for a long time - so thought I would add my 2 pence worth! Mossy cat is absolutely right about the 3 for 2 offer. It doesn't matter how you put your items through the till - you will always get the cheapest items free - not the 3rd, 6th, 9th and so on, but the actual cheapest items. Was a good tip and i'm surprised by the response to it. The simple fact is - those of us who follow Mossy's tip will pay less than those of us who don't - simple!! (Unless these stores have changed their system software to very sophisticated ones in the last few days - in which case I apologise!) Nice to be back! Ajjars.

well i can safely say that the boots stores i have shoped at for the Christmas offer NONE have ever over charged me based on there offers.

Well i just bought alot of toys at woolies with the 3 for 2 offer and the nice lady at the till actually checked the prices on all of them and rung throught the highest priced ones first so I would get a better saving so i assume at woolies it depends on what items are scanned and in what order

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)