Final salary not paid.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Personally, I would submit a County Court claim for monies owed as unlawful deductions as soon as the 7 days expire.

I don't like ET's and companies are wary of receiving a CCJ as it has a negative impact upon their credit status, especially in these tough times, and it can buck their ideas up to resolve the issue more speedily.

Are you entitled to a fee remission at a CC?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello zazen.warrior

Your former employer is required by law to provide your payslip, let alone your P45. Once again I would give them 7 days to issue, failure to do so once again is the route to ET. Also to speed things up tell them that you are informing HMRC that they are withholding your payslip and P45. Doubt very much they would want the 'Revenue' involved.

Good luck, I too have just left a company after 7 years with work related stress, there is life afterwards !

Regards, and hope you're feeling better

LilyLou

xx

Regards

LilyLou

If I have been helpful please tip my scales

Any advice/comments I give are based solely on personal experience, if in doubt please consult an expert.

Hello everyone, I know this is way down the problem list compared to some other issues here, but I have still not received my P45 or final salary statement from my former employer - I suspect my final salary was paid short but cannot check.

Is an employer legally obliged to provide these and if so how can I apply pressure to make them to comply?

I really want to wave a final goodbye to these people but it just drags on...

I believe they are obliged to at least provide the P45 as you need this for tax purposes in any new job you get. Without it, the tax office will put you on an emergency tax code whereby you will pay more tax.

Insist most strongly that you receive it asap.

Good luck with the interview !!!! I am 8 months down the line after my breakdown, been a long lonely road but I am getting there. If you need any other help with your former employers give us a shout.

Take care

LilyLou

Regards

LilyLou

If I have been helpful please tip my scales

Any advice/comments I give are based solely on personal experience, if in doubt please consult an expert.

send them this by recorded delivery:-

Dear sir or madam.

On (date) i made a formal request to you for my final payslip and P45 document, as of the avobe date i have not recieved these.

I feel i must remind you that you have a legal obligation to provide these documents to me, as i require them for my personal records.

If i have not recieved these documents within 7 days of the date of this letter, I will have no choice but to file for an employment tribunal to recover these documents, as well as any monies outstanding to me whih i have not been able the double chck on due to oyu not supplying me with the relevant documentation.

I await your response.

(print name)

apologies in advance if theres any dodgy spelling, ive been having one or two pre birthday drinkees :)

Hi

If you haven't raised a grievance yet about it (or sent any written letter of complaint) raise one straightaway. If you haven't sent that letter yet amend it to add "please treat this as a grievance). You need to raise a grievance first before applying to a tribunal ...then wait 28 days for your ex employer to respond or not respond before applying to a tribunal. Depending on time limits I think you can submit an application before the 28 day point but ask for a "stay".

On the pay slip front the time limit is three months. I'm not certain but think the clock starts ticking from the date of your last pay or the pay where no pay slip was provided.

If I'm right you have till the back end of January to submit an application so if you submit a grievance letter immediately the 28 days will have passed before then too.

If you think you've been paid short state that too in your letter, request the pay slip and also request they provide you with a detailed breakdown of how the final pay you received was calculated by them.

If you email the letter to them post a copy too and send it by special delivery (keep the receipt).

You might want to refer them to this in your letter too:

The right to be given an itemised pay statement is provided by the Employment Rights Act 1996, section 8:

8 “
Itemised pay statement

(1) An employee has the right to be given by his employer, at or before the time at which any payment of wages or salary is made to him, a written itemised pay statement.