Getting out of contract.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi are there any cases that people have been able to get out of contract because of 90% bad reception?

I have a T mobile contract which give me No recption which is where I am 85 percent of the time and In my room.

I'm in a flat and for reception I have to go outside which is unfair for me.

However Tesco mobile and 3 mobile and O2 and orange and vodaphone have good reception in doors.

Can I make a comparison case here and get out of the contract with out paying the full amount to leave.

I have contacted T mobile, they have said they will reduce the contract by 10 pounds which I think is unfair seening as there are other providers with perfect reception.

I didn't know this area has bad recption specifically with T mobile. They did suggest that I must have checked before moving to this location. My post code is BS16 1ZL. Anyone else I have asked with T mobile has the same problem. I have contacted the community legal advice team and they said I have to get in touch with consumer direct.

I have contacted the consumer direct but they say the same thing as T mobile.

Isn't the contract unfair?

One T mobile website they seem to say I have perfect reception.

But I just need some general advice.

Thanks

Sorush

I think a drop of £10 per month rental is very generous. I'd take it before they change their mind!

You have signed a contract with a service provider for provision of signal and service within a range of their base stations. It'll probably be covered in their Ts&Cs that they cannot provide coverage in ALL parts of the UK. The fact that other providers can provide signal in your location is irrelevant. Unfortunately for you, T-Mobile are completely within their rights to hold you to contract, and there is nothing wrong about them doing so.

However, if they have agreed to lower a line rental or show some form of compromise then i would recommend taking it, which would at least reduce your burden up until the point you can cancel for free. Maybe ask them to lower some more, see how far they'll bend? Good luck.

Hi are there any cases that people have been able to get out of contract because of 90% bad reception?

I have a T mobile contract which give me No recption which is where I am 85 percent of the time and In my room.

I'm in a flat and for reception I have to go outside which is unfair for me.

However Tesco mobile and 3 mobile and O2 and orange and vodaphone have good reception in doors.

No network will guarantee you a signal indoors, or outdoors, as the quality of the radio signal can be affected by many different factors, e.g building construction, trees, weather, topography etc.

Can I make a comparison case here and get out of the contract with out paying the full amount to leave.

Only if you made a direct comparison, i.e a friend who had the exact same handset on the same network and in the same location as yourself.

I have contacted T mobile, they have said they will reduce the contract by 10 pounds which I think is unfair seening as there are other providers with perfect reception.
A very fair offer from T-Mobile has been made and you would be wise to accept. T-Mobile are under no obligation to reduce your contracted tariff cost

I didn't know this area has bad recption specifically with T mobile.
One T mobile website they seem to say I have perfect reception.

Theoretically you should have very good 2G and decent 3G coverage, as there are 2 T-Mobile cell sites in your local area.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.