samsung le327r 18 months old broke

supertramp6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi brought a samsung le327r tv 18 months ago,fuound a website where theres lots of people with same issue,rang currys out of warrenty,rang samsung not intrested,said to the chap on the phone there seems to be a problem with this model,he went a bit quiet,and then denied knoledge,so does anyone know what i can do with my samsung doorstop.thanx denis

Contact the seller again and report it to consumer direct / trading standards.

A warranty is additional to statutory rights, not a replacement. A seller cannot wash their hands of their contractual obligations and they damned well know this.

• 2 weeks later...

Or you could ignore half of Gyzmo's advice and politely contact the manager of the store you purchased in. Having a quiet chat can work wonders. Works with my boss. Going straight in with the whole "I'm reporting you to trading standards" is unnessesary unless no progress is made from the initial chat.

or better still follow ALL the advice i gave as opposed to someone who shows no evidence of what they are talking about.

These retail chains have been told time and time again that they should not be refusing to deal with customers on the basis of lack of a warranty - there is absolutely no excuse for doing this. The OP has already had a word with them and has been turned down by use of a blatantly dishonest practice.

And Trading Standards need to know these kinds of things for intelligence purposes (see my posts passim ad nauseam on this subject).

What I was getting at was going in with hostility, threats and a Give-me-what-I-want-or-I'll-report-you attitude is hardly going to fill the staff at that store with the passion to help the customer out. That's why I suggested a quiet word with the store's manager about what can be done.

or better still follow ALL the advice i gave as opposed to someone who shows no evidence of what they are talking about.

That, as I have already been said, has been done. Just how many chances do you want to give a shop to do what they are supposed to do in the first place (or rather, how much of a doormat are you)?

It has nothing to do with hostility. In fact, the advice that I give states that one should not get hostile (see my guide to writing a complaint letter).

There is a difference between being hostile and enforcing ones rights. I suggest that is a lesson that should be learnt - quickly.

That, as I have already been said, has been done

Nowhere on this thread has there been any indication that Supertramp6 has been into store to discuss this with the manager. By his/her admission any contact has been a phone call, which I presume was to the DSGi customer call centre in Sheffield (as that is the only phone number given on either a reciept or reciept wallet). From my experience of the Call centre, the staff there are little more than glorified switchboard operatives (this coming from a DSGi employee) and lack the full range of knowledge that comes from a vast majority of the store's management teams. That being the case, no chance has been given by the shop itself to fulfill their legal requirements on the first attempt.

This has bugger all to being a doormat, it's about contacting the right person. It's the store that sold the TV, so without a doubt the best person to speak to IS the manager of that store.

Nowhere on this thread has there been any indication that Supertramp6 has been into store to discuss this with the manager. By his/her admission any contact has been a phone call, which I presume was to the DSGi customer call centre in Sheffield (as that is the only phone number given on either a reciept or reciept wallet). From my experience of the Call centre, the staff there are little more than glorified switchboard operatives (this coming from a DSGi employee) and lack the full range of knowledge that comes from a vast majority of the store's management teams. That being the case, no chance has been given by the shop itself to fulfill their legal requirements on the first attempt.

This has bugger all to being a doormat, it's about contacting the right person. It's the store that sold the TV, so without a doubt the best person to speak to IS the manager of that store.

I have to agree with antidom on this, the shefield call center is an absolute joke, ever since they made us stop giving out the direct numbers to the stores we've had nothing but trouble with them. Threatening a store with trading standards is going to do nothing but make the staff in the store not want to help you, how would you like it if you bumped into me in the street and I threatened you with legal action before you even had chance to say sorry or make it right. We don't (as salesmen) wake up on a morning and think, hey I'm going to dump some of those faulty samsung TV's on people. We do genuinly care that you've been inconvinienced and we don't appreciate being given faulty TV's to sell by samsung. And if we had any way of actualy knowing it was faulty before hand we would report it and have it quaranteened from sale.

Anyway, if you must contact the store via the phone, you could ask whoever is handling your call to put you though to the store although it's hit and miss if they're willing to do it. It's best not to mention you want to speak to a manager until after they've put you through. And when you do ask the staff member in the store for a manager, don't mention it's about a complaint, and be nice to them. Although it is usualy a million times better to go into a store, speak to the lady/gent on customer service, if they can't solve your problem, then they'll find someone who can, usualy a manager.

Edited by Renzokuken

And the contact by phone should be enough. It is not for the consumer to go chasing after the seller to get his statutory rights. You are not a certain someone who has for some time been banished are you?

It is not for the consumer to go chasing after the seller to get his statutory rights

Yes it is, otherwise the seller doesn't know when the rights of the customer has been violated. As Renzokuken mentioned, we didn't build the products. We as retailers bought products in as much good faith as the customers who walked into our stores had. Even though the problems are manufacturing errors, we as retailers are legally required to assist the customer resolve the issues with a faulty product. So yes, the customer does have to chase after their rights because the store itself doesn't take it for granted that each and every unit sold is problematic. The reality is customer comes in, says "I have a faulty TV", Manager says "Let's see what I can do for you"...rights chased and got. Job done.

Additionally the call centre is not a seller. The store is. Threatening a company over one call centre's refusal is like suing a hospital because the night porter refused to perform open heart surgery on you. Same employer, but not the right person to help you. It's the manager's call to help to the customer, not some faceless battery hen.

You are not a certain someone who has for some time been banished are you?

Um...wtf?

Edited by Antidom
Typo control

Probably not then, There was a troll who went round saying thisngs similar to what you say. I thought you were him under another guise.

My reason for raising this point is that what you have said has been discussed to death before and rubbished. I am not going to waste too much time rubbishing it again so here is a shortened version.

The call cenre is part of the company who is the seller. They are also the place the company designates as the place where the consumer should call when they have a problem.

You may not have built the products but that is irrelevant, The contract is between buyer and seller. the whole nature of consumer protection is built around this point.

And as for the rest of the comment, it is complete nonsense and bears no relation logically or in any other way to the curent situation. It is quite obvious that one would not ask someone to do something that they clearly are not able to do. However a call centre does not fall into that situation. They ARE expected to sort problems out.

And true, the retailer should not expect taht each and every product is faulty. But when they are told "the item I have bought from you is faulty" then they ARE aware of that particular item's fault and are duty bound o take action.

I have a degree in this subject. I know what I am talking about. please do not confuse people any further.

Probably not then, There was a troll who went round saying thisngs similar to what you say. I thought you were him under another guise.

My reason for raising this point is that what you have said has been discussed to death before and rubbished. I am not going to waste too much time rubbishing it again so here is a shortened version.

The call cenre is part of the company who is the seller. They are also the place the company designates as the place where the consumer should call when they have a problem.

You may not have built the products but that is irrelevant, The contract is between buyer and seller. the whole nature of consumer protection is built around this point.

And as for the rest of the comment, it is complete nonsense and bears no relation logically or in any other way to the curent situation. It is quite obvious that one would not ask someone to do something that they clearly are not able to do. However a call centre does not fall into that situation. They ARE expected to sort problems out.

And true, the retailer should not expect taht each and every product is faulty. But when they are told "the item I have bought from you is faulty" then they ARE aware of that particular item's fault and are duty bound o take action.

I have a degree in this subject. I know what I am talking about. please do not confuse people any further.

Ok, but under that logic, your saying under no curcumstances should the customer have to leave his home and go back to the store unless going to the store is preferable. What if the store requires proof the item is faulty or needs proof that the item isn't accidentaly or neglectfully damaged. Surely returning the item to the store is the only sure-fire way of getting this proof.

Also, yes the call center is a part of currys, and is as a whole a part of DSGi. We aren't saying that the call center is 100% incapable of handling the problem or shouldn't handle the problem. All we're saying is that the call center in our professional opinion is incompitent and s/he'd have a much better chance of getting things sorted if s/he talked to a customer service rep, or manager in a store.

Now I'm going to sit here and wait until you slam consumer rights in our faces rather then common sense and a desire to solve the problem.

hi,cant get a engineer to do a report in 50 miles,they all said they dont do reports on currys or tesco models,he said the what the fault was and it would cost 150.00 to repair,i looked about and lots of people have the same problem,currys peed me about throwing me from the tech gugs to customer support and then give me a number to ring for a report,we will ring mon and see what happens,engineer was meant 2 come tue,nothing happened as expected,tried manager at shop started telling me and warrenty out of,so i told him nicely that time of life,etc,would be easier to pay 150.00 to repair but currys have really peed me of.will let you know what happens when we phone these people.thanx

hi,cant get a engineer to do a report in 50 miles,they all said they dont do reports on currys or tesco models,he said the what the fault was and it would cost 150.00 to repair,i looked about and lots of people have the same problem,currys peed me about throwing me from the tech gugs to customer support and then give me a number to ring for a report,we will ring mon and see what happens,engineer was meant 2 come tue,nothing happened as expected,tried manager at shop started telling me and warrenty out of,so i told him nicely that time of life,etc,would be easier to pay 150.00 to repair but currys have really peed me of.will let you know what happens when we phone these people.thanx

You see...NOW is the time to get Trading Standards involved. Fair enough, the manager isn't playing ball so things should get legal.

As you claim to be the legal eagle around here (I've seen no proof, so you'll understand if I keep an open mind either way)...prehaps you can explain why the contract between the manufacturer and the retailer doesn't offer the same rights and protections as the contract between retailer and customer. I've often found that prehaps if retailers had the same rights as customers, then the customers would have an easier time getting repairs/replacements/refunds. After all, we as retailers did purchase the products and should be able to recieve satisfaction from the manufaturers as easily as the customer should be able to get from us?

Because businesses are deemed to be more aware of the law, familiar in terms of contracts and are thus less in need of protection.

The reason why consumer protection exists is due to the imbalance of power between consumer and business.

If you have purchased something from a manufacturer that is faulty or not as described, then that is for you to take up with the manufacturer (or whoever supplied it to you). It is not for the retailer to pass the buck. And if the call centre used is incompetent, that is the seller;s problem, nut the buyer.

And as for "proving" myself, I feel no need or desire to do so. Nor do I claim to be a "leagle eagle". If you are in a business I really do suggest that you contact Trading Standards to get advice as to your responsibilities.

• Haha 1